"I'm not happy on social level about fighting Arlovski." - Frank Mir

Thats not as crazy as,

"Fabricio Werdum is going to get a chance to avenge his loss to Andrei Arlovski in their rematch for the UFC heavyweight belt in 2015..."

which literally was gonna happen and was all ready to go until Dana and his last minute changes

i never would have ever thought Arlovski would be the #1 contender in 2015 against the champ, who is Fabricio Werdum

I don't know...Frank Mir was HW champion BEFORE Arlovski, if I'm not mistaken, Arlovski won the interim champion belt because Mir got in the Motorcycle wreck. They probably would have fought for the strap in 2005 had that not happened.

Werdum was still fighting Jungle Fights when Mir won the strap.

lol Mur just wanted a fight with another Doofy-tier opponent to keep his win streak going. Was probably hoping they would bring Sean Salmon back to life to feed to him.

Frank needs to settle down.He lost 4 in a row and then defeated a trtless A.Silva and duffee whom may never fight again......meh.

"In one sense, I'm not happy about it on a social level. I think we both have a lot to offer the sport and I don't want to see either one of us derailed right now. I would have been much happier with this situation if we could have skipped each other at this point. I could have fought someone else in the top three and he could have fought Werdum for the title and then we could have faced each other in a title fight instead if he would have won," Mir said.

"That would have been the ideal situation for me. To say here's two guys that everyone counted out and said their careers are over. They figured out ways to move forward and persevere and now they're back."

http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/reluctant-mir-jumps-back-training

My take - good read and worth clicking the link. I see where he's coming from. Both these guys were working towards a title shot and I fear it's both their last chance.

Mir's scared, and he should be. His little revival is over. This fight will look very similar to Arlovski vs Browne. Mir is in over his head. Arlovski ain't Todd Duffee.

There doesn't seem to be a true #1 contender after Cain/Werdum. JDS, Arlovski, Miocic would be the front runners I guess. But I don't really want to see JDS in a title match for a while especially against Cain.

arlovski should have got the next shot, then mir could have had struve for his chance

ufc proved its legitimacy by giving cain an instant rematch

I kind of agree with him. And also, stylistically it's bad for Mir. Mir doesn't have great wrestling or takedowns. He's very good from the bottom and scrambles though. However AA is much better on the feet and will likley KO Mir.

UFC really want cain as champ? How did he even get the fight.

man who would have thought dudes like Arlovski would be number contender status again or Robbie champ :eek:

Let's not forget that Arlovski won in extremely controversial fashion over Schaub. While his KO's of Browne and Big Foot were awesome, I don't think it should've granted him a title shot. Not without wins over guys like Stipe or JDS. If he wins this fight against Mir, it'll be hard to deny him, then. Even then, though, if Werdum does indeed lose to Cain, can we really deny Werdum a title rematch of its own?

More poor matchmaking in the HW division....

man who would have thought dudes like Arlovski would be number contender status again or Robbie champ :eek:

And Werdum at 38 as the undisputed HW Champion of the world?! The reemergence of Andrei is probably the most surprising of them all, though.

Mir will be less happy about it when Arlovski uppercuts his chin into stardust.

The UFC absolutely does not know how to book fights in the HW division.

Back