"I'm not happy on social level about fighting Arlovski." - Frank Mir

I agree with Mir, it is a big shame for one of them to get derailed at this point.

Everyone always wanted to see these two fight and it never happened. Now that it is about to, it could have happened at a better time than now. Mir is right though, Andrei should have faced Werdum.

If the UFC wanted to pit AA in a throwback fight instead of a re-match with Werdum, I would have much rather preferred CC/AA.

I don't care if Mir gets smoked. Frankly, I don't think he's on the same career trajectory as Arlovski yet.

I do hate the fight because of that, though. I think Andrei deserves a better fight.

"In one sense, I'm not happy about it on a social level. I think we both have a lot to offer the sport and I don't want to see either one of us derailed right now. I would have been much happier with this situation if we could have skipped each other at this point. I could have fought someone else in the top three and he could have fought Werdum for the title and then we could have faced each other in a title fight instead if he would have won," Mir said.

"That would have been the ideal situation for me. To say here's two guys that everyone counted out and said their careers are over. They figured out ways to move forward and persevere and now they're back."

http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/reluctant-mir-jumps-back-training

My take - good read and worth clicking the link. I see where he's coming from. Both these guys were working towards a title shot and I fear it's both their last chance.

Another fight is Romero vs Jacare .. I feel they should've each gotten a title shot, only question is who gets it first. Instead they're wasting 2 potential title contenders and future match ups in 2 fights

Agreed. Arlovski should've been next for a title shot.

UFC's booking decisions have become far more political than they used to. Title shots for Velasquez after getting completely outclassed by Werdum, and Gustafsson after getting KO'd in his hometown by Rumble, just reek of contract promises.

You're all pussies. Let em fight!!!!

As if Frank Mir is ever going to win the title right now with JDS, Cain, and Werdum in the division. It's a waste of time to even book that fight.

Mir is soooo fucking right. Dont wanna see either lose. Stupid fight especially considering Cain gets a rematch ffs.

Frank Mir is 100% right. It should have been Arlovski for the next title shot. But this is still an interesting fight. Someone is getting knocked out for sure. I think Arlovski will win because he is faster than Mir, but Mir can always pull something crazy off.

As if Frank Mir is ever going to win the title right now with JDS, Cain, and Werdum in the division. It's a waste of time to even book that fight.

It "could" happen. Like the Nog KO happened. Mir's hung on forever and has done strange things forever. He's always in a fight no matter the outcome.

Mir is right, it's a better story if they keep them away from each other till one gets the title or both lose. 2 chances at a highly popular old guard fighter getting the belt again instead of one, besides Arlovski earned it.

Let's not forget that Arlovski won in extremely controversial fashion over Schaub. While his KO's of Browne and Big Foot were awesome, I don't think it should've granted him a title shot. Not without wins over guys like Stipe or JDS. If he wins this fight against Mir, it'll be hard to deny him, then. Even then, though, if Werdum does indeed lose to Cain, can we really deny Werdum a title rematch of its own?

Arlovski's streak is the best, everyone either just lost, has no winning streak and/or got beat up win(JDS) or lose(Cain), or they are Rothwell and one of his wins in his streak he somehow tested positive/too high but still has the win over Vera.

i think it only makes sense to make this match bc both guys are prob getting paid way more than the ufc wants - otherwise i dont get why they would match them against each other that way

Disagree. Mir is going to destroy AA before AA regains his full power. I would prefer AA fight someone who isn't as cerebral and rising as Mir. I would prefer AA to rise a little, even get the title first, possibly win, before Mir regains his throne. Then Fedor takes it, unemotionally, or Mir rebukes the Fedor challenge like he did Crocop and the masses cry big tearful cries. But probably, Fedor takes it. Anyway this is my dream. UFC, please make it happen.

Volcano_eruption_hg_clr-1-.gif

Fighting your friend and long time training partner probably is a big reason he is against it. Why do that unless it is for something...

Wow... I agree with Frank Mir. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

Yeah - wow.
I really liked it better when weight training gave him better cardio.

Back