I'm not attracted to "x" type person

That doesn't lend credence to your attempted objection though.

That said, I don't agree with him either.

well, if the implication was that parents love their children no matter what, there are some examples which say otherwise. if we could get more specific, then maybe we could elaborate further.

CottonHill.jpg

haha, damn you got me!

based on what? parents willing to love their children no matter what they do, or only when the children do good things? there are people who love other people they're not even related to, no matter what.

I don't really think there is a way to prove or disprove it. Just my observations from the people I know.

you're nitpicking, you can use whatever race you'd like. Use black or asian if you'd like, but you didn't really address the point at all.

actually, you're the one who's nitpicking, trying to find loopholes and not even addressing what i said. i already gave you my exact point and all you're doing is looking for a "...but what if...". get the f'ck out here with that sh't. how about answering my question.

I don't really think there is a way to prove or disprove it. Just my observations from the people I know.

that sounds like a great sample size. do any of those people have children that're serial killers, rapists, arsonists, or sex traffickers?

iunno.

i thought that's what "unconditional" was implying :icon_conf

Unconditional means "love without limitations" :wink:

A parent can love a child unconditionally and another parent can abuse their kid....the first parents' love would still be unconditional

well, if the implication was that parents love their children no matter what, there are some examples which say otherwise. if we could get more specific, then maybe we could elaborate further.

That wasn't the implication though.

It was "the only type of unconditional love is between parent and child". That doesn't mean love between parent and child is always unconditional, it means that's the only relationship that can include that kind of love.

Not necessarily, potentially.

When / if you meet the right girl, none of this shit matters.
If you don't, you might get the next best thing according to your criteria, if you're lucky.

actually, you're the one who's nitpicking, trying to find loopholes and not even addressing what i said. i already gave you my exact point and all you're doing is looking for a "...but what if...". get the f'ck out here with that sh't. how about answering my question.

no, you said something about great tits or ass....read the thread....the thread isn't about things you wnat in a soulmate.

its about things you don't want in a soulmate or partner

I wouldn't date a chick who looked and acted like (reminded me strongly of) my sister, even though my sister looks pretty nice

no incesto

based on what? parents willing to love their children no matter what they do, or only when the children do good things? there are people who love other people they're not even related to, no matter what.

Psychology says that they're several different types of love, not limited to but including romantic love, familial love, platonic love, and puppy love.

To address your question from earlier, I picture romantic love when I say that the mentally deranged are typically incapable of experiencing it, due to requital issues from either person, sexual factors, etc. If I stated it as an absolute, I apologize and it's not what I meant.

Generally, that kind of thing that they experience would be considered "puppy love".

that sounds like a great sample size. do any of those people have children that're serial killers, rapists, arsonists, or sex traffickers?

Lol

I wasn't stating a scientific fact. I just think that only parents are capable of unconditional love.

That wasn't the implication though.

It was "the only type of unconditional love is between parent and child". That doesn't mean love between parent and child is always unconditional, it means that's the only relationship that can include that kind of love.

Not necessarily, potentially.

then perhaps he could have said: "some parents and their children" instead of "parents and children" which does in fact imply all parents and all children.

for example when you say, "the difference between men and women is their genitalia." that implies that all men have a specific set of genitals, and all women have a different specific set of genitals.

This thread is awfully serious. Looks like we're trying to scientifically prove the existence of love and soulmates in here.

Lol

I wasn't stating a scientific fact. I just think that only parents are capable of unconditional love.

Yea, I think he thought you meant "all parents love their kid unconditionally" whereas you meant, "parent-child relationship is capable of unconditional love, but by no means a guarentee"

just a misunderstanding

Psychology says that they're several different types of love, not limited to but including romantic love, familial love, platonic love, and puppy love.

To address your question from earlier, I picture romantic love when I say that the mentally deranged are typically incapable of experiencing it, due to requital issues from either person, sexual factors, etc. If I stated it as an absolute, I apologize and it's not what I meant.

Generally, that kind of thing that they experience would be considered "puppy love".

people who're mentally deranged? i find that hard to believe. their love is usually pretty fanatical; oftentimes they're willing to kill over it.

Lol

i'm just messing with you. i have no real opinion on the matter. :p

then perhaps he could have said: "some parents and their children" instead of "parents and children" which does in fact imply all parents and all children.

for example when you say, "the difference between men and women is their genitalia." that implies that all men have a specific set of genitals, and all women have a different specific set of genitals.

Lol no, that specification is entirely necessary. "Only men exhibit patterned baldness" doesn't mean all men do.

It was a simple logical error, it's not a big deal.

Back