I'm not attracted to "x" type person

PhilCam

Go Big Red!
@Black
Reaction score
Mayberry, I was hoping you could help me settle an argument between a friend and I.

My friend says that he believes people who say things like "I would never date X" - with x being any physical feature - are twats. Basically like "I would never date Asians" or "I would never date a girl taller than me."

He said that they are precluding the possibility of their soulmate being someone who has "x" when in reality there is no way to know if your soulmate has "x" quality or not. He said "PhilCam, what would you think if you heard a girl say, 'I would never date an amputee.' What would you think of that girl?"

My argument was that a person with "x" cannot be your soulmate if you're not attracted to "x" because attraction is an important part of any relationship. I said that someone's personal taste does not make them shallow or a "twat." I replied to his question with "I would never date an ugly women, am I twat?"

Can you help me settle this argument?

I think you already won the argument and your friend is retarded.

If a girl said "I'd never date an amputee", I'd think that I wouldn't judge that girl. Nobody should have to pick up extraneous responsibilities that they don't want, date somebody that they don't want, for fear of being called a twat.

if someone were your "soulmate", i doubt very much their physical characteristics would be that important.

Regardless of looks, I believe that extroverts are better off being with introverts, and vice versa.

i will never ever date a chinese girl. they're all crazy.

if someone were your "soulmate", i doubt very much their physical characteristics would be that important.

You don't think physical attraction would be important in defining your soulmate?

You don't think physical attraction would be important in defining your soulmate?

no. if you were blind, would it be impossible to find a soulmate?

I guess the argument is some of us don't believe there is such a thing as a soulmate.

that's fair. it seems somewhat naive to believe that if there is that 1 special person for you, they'd just happen to be around the same age that you are, live in the same city, and somehow get to meet you. out of the billions of people in the world...seems unlikely.

no. if you were blind, would it be impossible to find a soulmate?

that's fair. it seems somewhat naive to believe that if there is that 1 special person for you, they'd just happen to be around the same age that you are, live in the same city, and somehow get to meet you. out of the billions of people in the world...seems unlikely.

Word.

There are people that you are compatible with and people you aren't compatible with.

So the smart thing to do is find chicks that have the most traits you find attractive mentally, physically and emotionally.

good luck with that one. if you're not interested in "crazy" girls, you're severely limiting your scope.

i guess i should have been more clear. chinese girls are of the soul-raping sub-group of crazy girls. i can deal with the others for the most part. except when they want to talk about celebrities or shopping or basically anything that comes out of their mouths.

Word.

There are people that you are compatible with and people you aren't compatible with.

So the smart thing to do is find chicks that have the most traits you find attractive mentally, physically and emotionally.

until you acquire different tastes, then you need to find someone else :icon_chee

i guess i should have been more clear. chinese girls are of the soul-raping sub-group of crazy girls. i can deal with the others for the most part. except when they want to talk about celebrities or shopping or basically anything that comes out of their mouths.

most of the chinese girls i've met only care about academics and food. weird.

Back