I'm not attracted to "x" type person

I definitely don't think so. Not every honeymoon feel leads to a working relationship.

Exactly.

There are people that also can't forget that lustful feeling and want to force something that wasn't meant for the long term. They are in love with the idea of being in love.

There are also people that might not be compatible what are willing to "work on it". They do things for the other person and vice versa. Not everyone is meant for those relationships.

no. if you were blind, would it be impossible to find a soulmate?

that's fair. it seems somewhat naive to believe that if there is that 1 special person for you, they'd just happen to be around the same age that you are, live in the same city, and somehow get to meet you. out of the billions of people in the world...seems unlikely.

You don't think blind people can find people attractive?

how would they know if they've never seen someone before? it'd be like asking them to differentiate between colors.

Well I imagine they would feel other people, and use things like voice, touch, etc as their physical attraction.

I don't know any blind people, but this would be an interesting topic to discuss imo.

People say stuff like that all the time, but I'm not sure it holds up in real life consistently.

For instance I'm least attracted to blondes, but I find more things than hair attractive. Not even just visually, but a certain scent, soft skin, cute voice, keen wit... There's a lot of combinations that can come together to attract me to someone who I wouldn't normally say I'd be attracted to (such as a blonde).

Well I imagine they would feel other people, and use things like voice, touch, etc as their physical attraction.

I don't know any blind people, but this would be an interesting topic to discuss imo.

I know there were girls that I wasn't very attracted to visually at first, but I became extremely attracted to as I got to know them.

Likewise, there were girls that I was very attracted to physically, and as I got to know them I stopped finding them attractive.

Like a real sour bitch will just repulse me eventually, even if at first sight I considered her a 10.

hm...unlikely.

the larger point i'm trying to make (if we're assuming you believe in the concept of a soul mate):

you find your "soul mate" and part of the component of deciding said person is your soul mate is a "physical attraction" (nice rack, nice ass, nice face....whatever).

a few years pass by, and all of a sudden this person no longer has the physical characteristics which attracted you to them in the first place. do they stop being your soul mate? based on the popular definition of what a soul mate is, that doesn't seem consistent, but if you are no longer physically attracted to them, how can they be your soul mate? if they are, then the physical attraction was never really a component of what defined them as your soul mate in the first place.

Exactly.

There are people that also can't forget that lustful feeling and want to force something that wasn't meant for the long term. They are in love with the idea of being in love.

There are also people that might not be compatible what are willing to "work on it". They do things for the other person and vice versa. Not everyone is meant for those relationships.

Coming from somebody that was there a long time ago, those relationships tend to end the worst. You feel like your world construct has been obliterated, and there seems to be a mandatory recovery period from what I can tell, no matter how much you try to "ball up".

And then you come out of it and you find out that it really wasn't the end of the world. This definitely leads me to believe that there's no such thing as a soul-mate. The concept of a soul-mate to begin with - at least to me, implies some sort of unconditional love. No independent woman is going to feel that for a romantic partner, or vice-versa. I don't think that's what a working relationship is.

I know there were girls that I wasn't very attracted to visually at first, but I became extremely attracted to as I got to know them.

Likewise, there were girls that I was very attracted to physically, and as I got to know them I stopped finding them attractive.

Like a real sour bitch will just repulse me eventually, even if at first sight I considered her a 10.

That's also a good point and one we discussed.

exact same way here. sometimes certain girls just have intangible characteristics which make them attractive, despite what you think about them when you first see them. somehow, getting to know them, and getting to like them convinces you that you were wrong in the first place, and they are actually good looking.

Coming from somebody that was there a long time ago, those relationships tend to end the worst. You feel like your world construct has been obliterated, and there seems to be a mandatory recovery period from what I can tell, no matter how much you try to "ball up".

And then you come out of it and you find out that it really wasn't the end of the world. This definitely leads me to believe that there's no such thing as a soul-mate. The concept of a soul-mate to begin with - at least to me, implies some sort of unconditional love. No independent woman is going to feel that for a romantic partner, or vice-versa. I don't think that's what a working relationship is.

Yeah I think the only unconditional love out there is a parent to a child.

hm...unlikely.

the larger point i'm trying to make (if we're assuming you believe in the concept of a soul mate):

you find your "soul mate" and part of the component of deciding said person is your soul mate is a "physical attraction" (nice rack, nice ass, nice face....whatever).

a few years pass by, and all of a sudden this person no longer has the physical characteristics which attracted you to them in the first place. do they stop being your soul mate? based on the popular definition of what a soul mate is, that doesn't seem consistent, but if you are no longer physically attracted to them, how can they be your soul mate? if they are, then the physical attraction was never really a component of what defined them as your soul mate in the first place.

That works for the examples you used, but what about one like, "I am not attracted to Latinos or short people."

That person, your "soulmate" would never become short or Latino

Back