Social I'm between wanting to pack up everything and travel the world full time & wanting to buy a little house in the middle of nowhere and live a slow life

Its called "digital nomad"

Basically if you can work remotely you can travel countries and live where you feel etc while working from laptop

Yeh, I'm familiar with it. I just need to take the plunge and start.

I'm pretty much the perfect person for it, job wise.

Boomers climbed the property ladder. Younger people want a flash inner city apartment as soon as they join the workforce, and want several o/s holidays a year as well. Boomers were in a better market but still had to make sacrifices.
The household median income in the U.S. in 1950 was $2,990 — roughly 40% of the median home value of $7,354 at the time, according to census data.

1. The median price of a new home sold during the month. For January 2024, the U.S. Census Bureau reported its initial estimate of the median price of a new home sold in January 2024 is $420,700. This figure is considered to be the price of a typical new home sold because half of all new homes sold in the U.S. cost their new homeowners more than this amount, while half cost less.
  2. The median income of an American household represents the middle point for the income distribution of households in the United States. For January 2024, our estimate of median household income for January 2024 is $77,283.
The first time homebuyer today would need to have a salary of 177k a year to be comparable to the homebuyer in 1950.

Do what scares you because that will be the thing that will force you to grow and appreciate what the world has to offer.

Also, whether its travel or the house...dont make any one thing your identity. The aimless wanderer or the landlord are both depressed, coping and filling a void...just in different ways.

Right. Finishing this current game up and then making a start on this.

I just hope I can still use my gambling accounts overseas lol.

Yeah most my UK ones work with VPN so should be fine. Betonline works 100% as I use that myself.

Raise a family, tend to a stable job and travel 2-3 weeks out of the year to countries in Europe, North America and select few in Asia.

I've always found the aimless wanderers to be empty shells of people that end up with depression and loneliness.

I've always found prescribing a particular lifestyle to someone you don't know, to be downright retarded. People who live by prescription, anyways don't have much of anything inside to propel them to what they want, and will anyways live an empty life.

Last edited:
I've always found prescribing a particular lifestyle to someone you don't know, to be downright retarded. People who live by prescription, anyways don't have much of anything inside to propel them to what they want, and will anyways live and empty life.

"People who live by prescription"

The majority of people lol

"People who live by prescription"

The majority of people lol
I don't know about that, there aren't exactly statistics on this. That would be sad if true. It's definitely of value to sit down by yourself away from the influence of other people, as much as is possible, and figure out what really matters to you.

Back