Social I'm between wanting to pack up everything and travel the world full time & wanting to buy a little house in the middle of nowhere and live a slow life

Why not do both?

Have the little house for when you want to relax and chill/focus and then travel when you get restless a d want to do more activities and adventure

It's been a source of my issues for years.

I'd love to travel the world, absolutely yearn for it, but the idea of having nothing when old stopped me. It bothered and still bothers me, a lot.

I'm close to my first property. I'm hoping to own a flat for £200,000 by October this year.

After that? Book a few trips and then reassess.

I don’t love traveling, so I would say buy a little place in the middle of nowhere. Traveling is a pain in the ass.
I guess it’s less so if you don’t have a job, house, family & pets to get squared away before buying what you need, packing, getting to the airport on time with all your shit, dealing with security, sitting in a plane for hours, then getting off and trying to find a way to get to your hotel without getting ripped off by a cab driver, checking in, then just going out and doing the same shit you would have done at home anyway- eating, drinking, sleeping. But it’s still a pain in the ass.
it is, i don't get why people love it so much.

If the ts wants this, kinda contradictory as they are so opposite.

86d070b9-b211-4f6b-84be-f2d346ce5865_text.gif

Travel first, because in the event you settle down with kids and shit you won’t be able to travel anymore, at least not the kind of traveling that takes you far away for a really long period of time.

love my wife and kids, and we had a great time going to Disneyland for a week in November, but it’s just not the same as the three month trip I did to Southeast Asia when I was 22 years old.

Travel first, because in the event you settle down with kids and shit you won’t be able to travel anymore, at least not the kind of traveling that takes you far away for a really long period of time.

love my wife and kids, and we had a great time going to Disneyland for a week in November, but it’s just not the same as the three month trip I did to Southeast Asia when I was 22 years old.
Going to Disneyland for a whole week sounds like torture. My in-laws have a place in Florida. When we go to Disney, we just go for one day -- and I'm typically exhausted by the end of it.

In the same boat. Not in a relationship, and can travel and work from anywhere, but I’m also craving stability. Caught between two worlds. You get paralyzed by options

Yeah. I hear this all the time from women. They want to travel, and a cozy house in the woods, with a lake, and a pony, and a garden, a vibrant community of friends...in the middle of nowhere, etc. I'm like, bitch, I'd settle for a shitty camper in the desert and a woman that STFU for once.

Do both.

Travel the world for like a year or two. Then save up and buy a small house in the middle of nowhere and live a slow life.

I love how millennials or gen z' spend all their money on travel then complain about boomers having it easy in 'their day' buying houses. Travelling can be fun, no doubt, but overrated by many and it's a total pain in the arse in some ways.

I love how millennials or gen z' spend all their money on travel then complain about boomers having it easy in 'their day' buying houses. Travelling can be fun, no doubt, but overrated by many and it's a total pain in the arse in some ways.
Boomers were able to buy houses on a blue collar salary with the wife staying home. In todays world, houses are unaffordable for a lot of people.

it is, i don't get why people love it so much.

If the ts wants this, kinda contradictory as they are so opposite.
I would say I'm somewhat in both camps, love traveling and have been all over the world BUT my home life is at the edge of a small rural town and generally quite "slow".

The difference I spose is I'm not sure I'd like traveling full time, I'v been on trips for up to a month were I think the "newness" of where your visiting is strong and I can keep energy levels high but I don't think i'd like to do much longer than that unless it was much more laid back.

Its a cliche but there is a good deal of truth to "the best part of traveling is coming home", not that the trip wasnt enjoyable but coming home and relaxing afterwards even moreso. Before I was self employed I'd always make sure I had at least 2-3 days off work after a trip just to relax.

Yeah. I hear this all the time from women. They want to travel, and a cozy house in the woods, with a lake, and a pony, and a garden, a vibrant community of friends...in the middle of nowhere, etc. I'm like, bitch, I'd settle for a shitty camper in the desert and a woman that STFU for once.
tell that bitch!

the people i know with kids seem to travel alot, maybe it's because they have some financial stability and want their kids to experience disneyland and such. I can tell they are stressed thought, and they stress me because they want rides, and pet watching etc., I won't be doing that anymore though.

Back