Social Do you think you can survive one year in the wilderness by yourself?

Do you think you can survive one year in the wilderness by yourself?

• Total voters
Cold winter + lack of food= No!

Location is key to answering this, but outside of an arctic region I believe I’d have no issues surviving for a year outdoors. Do I get a knife and magnifying glass to start at least?

Edit - should have read OP. I get a cabin and all the supplies I need? Wtf @MXZT? Outside of the solitude how easy is this scenario?
No pr0n?

I have no idea. I think if I could it would still mess me up pretty bad. A year of complete social isolation for a social animal seems like a form of torture.

Drawing naked women?
I like the way your brain works amigo.

sub-buzz-18550-1508278365-5.png

Gotta be honest I'd die but I'd fuck a lot of shit up before I go out.

View attachment 1034218
This guy did it until he was in his mid 80's and in Alaska.
yes!! Dick Proeneke I think his name was. I watched a ton of his self-filmed survival stuff living in remote Alaska.
He did that for around 30years i think and filmed himself on 8mm film or similar. Built his own amazing log cabin with hand tools.
I thgink it's now a kinda museum and it's a protected cabin. That dude was really quite famous for it.

He died a while back, but it's a super interesting program to watch. Probably on youtube or maybe Netflix. I think I downloaded it all years ago.

yes!! Dick Proeneke I think his name was. I watched a ton of his self-filmed survival stuff living in remote Alaska.
He did that for around 30years i think and filmed himself on 8mm film or similar. Built his own amazing log cabin with hand tools.
I thgink it's now a kinda museum and it's a protected cabin. That dude was really quite famous for it.

He died a while back, but it's a super interesting program to watch. Probably on youtube or maybe Netflix. I think I downloaded it all years ago.
Have his book and watch the documentaries like once a year or so. He was a talented guy and a former army carpenter which gave him a lot of the skills he needed to thrive there.

Depends on the environment.

Without a knife and an available water supply you're pretty much fucked.

It sounds awsome to be honest! Sign me up

Yea, I've gotten pretty hefty this last year, would slim down nicely.

Back