I'm balls deep in Chess

aaaand got completely killed.

Shit... this should be matched with noobs and dumb people.

Anyways.. Storley vs Amosov next in Bellator.

I had an option in middle school one year to either take soccer or chess, well at the time I didn't like soccer so I took chess, I felt in love with it and as a 10 year old I was beating adults, I was studying the game and then I stopped playing for a long time. Nowadays I can still beat most people I play against.

I know how to play but am no good ...
I always wondered how you learn the plays and strategies. It gotta be by reading books of starter strategy eh? Maybe online just like poker is best

Ive played more than once w people who wanna learn and get better...but it seems like two idiots hacking out a victory most the time.

I did watch magnus carlson yt vids where he takes on random internet players and was pretty impressed...the pros must know every move.

Last edited:
I would love to get into chess but there's just so damn much to learn. I know how the pieces move and by blitzing my friends when we play I can beat them but I don't know jackshit about proper strategy.

Now I see how the white belts feel, again.
If you try to learn chess the way masters do (by studying openings and mastering the main lines) you will quickly get overwhelmed and bored.

I recommend that beginners forgo learning openings (or at least trying to learn many) and simply focus on achieving specific goals in the opening and then working on the tactics of game.

I'm thinking we should do a Sherdog chess club to have games together. Might be fun and we can have a championship belt. Anyone into that idea?
We had one years ago on chess.com

I wonder if you search for sherdog there if it still exists

Sherbros!!! I have decided on my new hobby now that school is done and what not. I'm becoming obsessed with Chess. It's such a beautiful game and it has it all! The strategy, the style of play, the absolute art of it all! I'm reading a few books on it as we speak and I will be entering some tournaments once this pandemic ends. I play online a lot and my current ELO is 1740. I played my whole life but once I touched a vagina I shifted my focus.

Now I have one vagina for the rest of my life so I'm back baaaaaaaybeeeee!!! Any of you Sherbros play Chess? How's the competitive scene?

As I've said, I work in a prison and I have played countless games against inmates. They talk all types of shit but when you hit them with a Danish Gambit they realize you are an absolute savage.

Cliffs: Chess is my new thing...

We had a war room chess tournament. Really good turn out. You should join next time

It's when the bishop is balls deep in your dumper that you know you've gone too far.

I think Battle Chess was one of the first games I had other than hangman which was preloaded on my first cpu
Nayb8G7.gif

Well I'm sure Chess is a really sweet dude. I don't wanna hear about your sex life tho

Sherbros!!! I have decided on my new hobby now that school is done and what not. I'm becoming obsessed with Chess. It's such a beautiful game and it has it all! The strategy, the style of play, the absolute art of it all! I'm reading a few books on it as we speak and I will be entering some tournaments once this pandemic ends. I play online a lot and my current ELO is 1740. I played my whole life but once I touched a vagina I shifted my focus.

Now I have one vagina for the rest of my life so I'm back baaaaaaaybeeeee!!! Any of you Sherbros play Chess? How's the competitive scene?

As I've said, I work in a prison and I have played countless games against inmates. They talk all types of shit but when you hit them with a Danish Gambit they realize you are an absolute savage.

If you play on the chess.com app, send me a match invite.

Yeah that's true. Carcassonne is a good one for two people.
Carcassonne is great 1:1 online. 90 second turns really make that game click. I can't handle playing it live with friends as people taking 5 minutes to figure out their move drives me up the walls.

I think Battle Chess was one of the first games I had other than hangman which was preloaded on my first cpu
Nayb8G7.gif
I played the shit outta that, and there was another called Wizard chess(?) or something like that that I kicked ass on

I used to be really good at chess naturally, I don't know any strategies. I grew up as a child with a marble chess set on my living room coffee table, so naturally I learned how to play when I was really young. Nobody I knew could beat me and I stopped playing around high school.

Ha!

Nerd.

Back