Illegal Immigrant Falls From California's 30-foot Border Wall, Breaks Both Legs

Not really. If you listen to his actual words (in context) instead of assuming that he 100% accepts the premise of his interviewer's questions, you will start to see Trump as much more sensible than before.

That's the lowest standard that I have ever heard proposed for any public speaker, let alone the President.

If I saw a man scaling a border wall, I would absolutely prefer seeing him get over the wall than falling 30-feet and breaking both of his legs. I'd prefer that was then apprehended, of course, but I would definitely not want to see him fall. That's just crazy talk to me.

It's part of the reason why the wall is there in the first place. It's very high risk to attempt to scale it, which works as a deterrent. That's the whole fucking point. If some dumbass wants to try it, they may fall and break both their legs or worse. That's all on them.

If you are truly against illegal immigration, you should be happy that the wall did it's job here.

Trump said he would take proposals for the construction of his wall.

He did.

sd-1519849531-bpo3u5dw2q-snap-image

That's from San Diego last year. You think the photo is fake?
I am no wall expert, but that wall does not look very effective.

That's the lowest standard that I have ever heard proposed for any public speaker, let alone the President.
Don't exaggerate. Failure to correct an interviewer's error does not imply acceptance of the interviewer's error.

I am no wall expert, but that wall does not look very effective.
Took me a moment to figure that out. Honestly, I lol'd. Well done.

Sig bet that the upcoming spending bill will contain funding for the construction of Trump's preferred prototype?

lol

"It's the interviewers fault for trying to get him to make some fucking sense"

It's part of the reason why the wall is there in the first place. It's very high risk to attempt to scale it, which works as a deterrent. That's the whole fucking point. If some dumbass wants to try it, they may fall and break both their legs or worse. That's all on them.

If you are truly against illegal immigration, you should be happy that the wall did it's job here.

If you're truly for speed limits, then you should be happy that a guy speeding in his car hit a tree.

Or maybe, you can hope he does not get hurt, but gets a ticket.

False equivalency is false.

No it's not.

Wanting a law to exist does not mean you want people who break the law to be hurt. You're not making any sense at all.

You are telling me (lol) that I should be glad that a man broke both his legs, otherwise I want illegal immigration. That's moronic, and a huge part of the problem. You actually want people to give up their humanity to prove their support for a border wall. That's just bizarre.

Took me a moment to figure that out. Honestly, I lol'd. Well done.

Sig bet that the upcoming spending bill will contain funding for the construction of Trump's preferred prototype?
It is obvious this administration does not care about balanced budgets. They have added trillions to the debt, so I am sure they have no problem adding something like a wall to our deficit.
No Bet.

It is obvious this administration does not care about balanced budgets. They have added trillions to the debt, so I am sure they have no problem adding something like a wall to our deficit.

The wall would not add significantly to the deficit, and debt/GDP has not increased significantly under Trump.

Overall, I predict that Trump's presidency will increase debt/GDP on net. That's because he seems uninterested in tackling the main drivers of the deficit (entitlements and military).

Wanting a law to exist does not mean you want people who break the law to be hurt.

Depends on the law. There are plenty of laws that people break, where I am more than glad to see them get hurt as a consequence of their actions.

This wasn't one of them. I can however, appreciate the effectiveness of the wall, and feel absolutely no sympathy for some dumb shit who thought he could scale it, and fell. If he doesn't try to scale it, he's walking today. Let that be a lesson to others who want to attempt it.

You seem to be ok with the man breaking his legs for his improper entry just because he was improperly entering.

Why shouldn't I assume you're ok with inflicting grievous bodily harm to strangers that commit other similar misdemeanors?
I am ok with it. Anyone who commits a crime regardless of degree, assumes responsibility for the repercussions. Especially when it involves someone’s personal space or property. They know it’s wrong, they do it anyway. Fuck them and their parents.

I didn't assume anything. We only have evidence that he crossed over one time.

Do you have any evidence he crossed over before and was detained?

I heard he got clipped by a car while jaywalking during his last illegal foray into the US . . .

Depends on the law. There are plenty of laws that people break, where I am more than glad to see them get hurt as a consequence of their actions.

This wasn't one of them. I can however, appreciate the effectiveness of the wall, and feel absolutely no sympathy for some dumb shit who thought he could scale it, and fell. If he doesn't try to scale it, he's walking today. Let that be a lesson to others who want to attempt it.

Like I said, I am empathetic seeing a guy fall off a wall and break his legs, but I'm okay with people not feeling much empathy because it's his own fault. But not feeling bad for him is not the same as being happy to see him fall. I think it's a sign of mental or emotional problems if somebody actually gets excited seeing this particular video. I think there are more people like that on this particular site because it's basically a UFC site than in most places.

I completely understand the distinction that's why I'm making it.

I've only seen him enter once and no information has been provided that he entered previously.

So, your attempt to raise this distinction is pointless in the current context and yet another of your pointless obfuscations.

Says the king of pointless obfuscations . . .

Not really. If you listen to his actual words (in context) instead of assuming that he 100% accepts the premise of his interviewer's questions, you will start to see Trump as much more sensible than before.
I’ve learned to hang less on Trumps words and wait for his actions. He’s trolls the liberal media OT style.

It's not really that I "care so much" that he hurt himself, it's more that I think it's disturbing that people get such a kick out of it.

I didn't have any strong reaction to it. My reaction when I saw it was basically, "Man that really sucks, hopefully his legs recover and he's not hobbled for the rest of his life." That's all. Had that thought, and would have been done thinking about it. It's really the more celebratory reaction from other people that is messed up to me. In the end, that's just some guy that we don't know breaking both of his legs. Sure he was doing something dangerous and illegal, but he's just a guy like us in a completely different situation that we know nothing about. I'm sure we all speed in our cars, risking everybody's life on the road. That doesn't mean I'd laugh at you all breaking your legs.

I think our society lacks morals, and I think our society lacks some basic humanity (and is getting worse). I say it all the time on here. Every once in a while when it suits other posters politically (like when I show some empathy for a Hispanic falling off a wall), people accuse me of saying it's just to be liberal for that. Other times, when it doesn't suit them politically, people just ignore it. But I'm consistent in everything I say, whether people choose to acknowledge it or not.
What about Anderson?

What about Anderson?

No, I did not laugh at Anderson Silva breaking his leg.

He's also a guy making millions of dollars to fight in a cage, which changes the scenario.

Back