Illegal Immigrant Falls From California's 30-foot Border Wall, Breaks Both Legs

For the entirety of his campaign he claimed he'd have a wall built along the entire border and that Mexico would pay for it. He scaled it back to saying approximately 800 miles after he got elected.
Again, cite a source in which Trump said he would build a wall along the entire border with Mexico. I'm betting you can't.

No I didn't.

I only see evidence of the one crime here and there is no other information provided here that suggests otherwise.

You interjected that he could be a felony entry with no particular evidence, and I can only assume that means you think it's ok then if a felon breaks both his legs.
You assumed his crime was "improper entry", which is the term for the first illegal crossing. If this was his second illegal crossing, he would be guilty of "illegal re-entry", a felony.

Assuming that I think it's ok if a felon breaks his legs...I guess you just pulled that one out of your ass.

Again, cite a source in which Trump said he would build a wall along the entire border with Mexico. I'm betting you can't.

Lol. Oh boy.

Are you now going to claim that during the entire election process, where he claimed he wanted a wall along the border, and everybody debated the costs of a 2,000 mile wall, that he didn't really mean it and just chose not to mention the wall would span less than half of that? That he just conveniently waited until July of 2017, way after the election, to say, "Oh by the way, I meant only 800 miles,"?

You are going too far now. Keep this debate on the reservation or it just gets silly.

Lol. Oh boy.

Are you now going to claim that during the entire election process, where he claimed he wanted a wall along the border, and everybody debated the costs of a 2,000 mile wall, that he didn't really mean it and just chose not to mention the wall would span less than half of that? That he just conveniently waited until July of 2017, way after the election, to say, "Oh by the way, I meant only 800 miles,"?

You are going too far now. Keep this debate on the reservation or it just gets silly.
I watched/listened to that campaign very closely. Never did I hear Trump say anything about building a wall the entire length of the border. Never did I assume that's what he meant. Why would you assume such a thing?

Like I said, it's subjective. But crossing a border is not something that I take offense to. Should he be caught and arrested? Yeah. But I don't want to see a guy potentially hobbled for the rest of his life for it.

He broke his own damn legs. He saw the height of the wall, he knew the risks. This shit's all on him. Better he falls and breaks his legs, than successfully scale the wall, and get into country, no?

The wall did it's job here. That's what it's there for.

great so now taxpayers have to pay the med bill for every incoming illegal
this thread is amazing lol.....

everyone in here wants to make it about trump or whether its proper to laugh at this dipshit for doing something idiotic.....

NEVERMIND the fact that they are giving the guy free healthcare....which one of you americans gets free healthcare? lol .....

dont worry about an illegal receiving better treatment than any citizen though.....its TRUMP!!! TRUMP's fault!!! or....ITS NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT TO LAUGH AT SOMEONE's misfortunes wah wahh waaaaahhhh lol

He broke his own damn legs. He saw the height of the wall, he knew the risks. This shit's all on him. Better he falls and breaks his legs, than successfully scale the wall, and get into country, no?

The irony is that if Trump's ideal wall had been there instead, the man wouldn't have been able to scale it to cause the injury that @Rational Poster is accusing us of desiring.

@bobgeese

Told you this wall isn't as good as the real thing. I 100% agree with you that it's better than what preceded it.

You assumed his crime was "improper entry", which is the term for the first illegal crossing. If this was his second illegal crossing, he would be guilty of "illegal re-entry", a felony.

Assuming that I think it's ok if a felon breaks his legs...I guess you just pulled that one out of your ass.

I didn't assume anything. We only have evidence that he crossed over one time.

Do you have any evidence he crossed over before and was detained?

I watched/listened to that campaign very closely. Never did I hear Trump say anything about building a wall the entire length of the border. Never did I assume that's what he meant. Why would you assume such a thing?

Aug. 25, 2015
Reporter: How are you going to build a 1,900-mile wall?

Trump: Very easy. I’m a builder. That’s easy. I build buildings that are — can I tell you what’s more complicated? What’s more complicated is building a building that’s 95 stories tall. O.K.?

News conference in Dubuque, Iowa

The problem is, Trump is never consistent or thoughtful with his words. He says different things all the time. That same summer, he said the wall would be 1,000 miles long a few times.

If the guy can't even make up his mind, how are people supposed to believe anything he says?

I didn't assume anything. We only have evidence that he crossed over one time.

Do you have any evidence he crossed over before and was detained?
You specifically said he committed the misdemeanor of "improper entry" in this case. That's false if he had a prior conviction.

Aug. 25, 2015
Reporter: How are you going to build a 1,900-mile wall?

Trump: Very easy. I’m a builder. That’s easy. I build buildings that are — can I tell you what’s more complicated? What’s more complicated is building a building that’s 95 stories tall. O.K.?

News conference in Dubuque, Iowa

The problem is, Trump is never consistent or thoughtful with his words. He says different things all the time.
Obviously, just going along with an interviewer's question doesn't count.

I can link you to video of Trump specifically saying we only need about 800 miles; you can't link me to Trump specifically saying we need 1,900 miles.

If I saw a man scaling a border wall, I would absolutely prefer seeing him get over the wall than falling 30-feet and breaking both of his legs. I'd prefer that was then apprehended, of course, but I would definitely not want to see him fall. That's just crazy talk to me.

You specifically said he committed the misdemeanor of "improper entry" in this case. That's false if he had a prior conviction.

Do you have any evidence that he has prior conviction?

I'm just going off what's been provided.

Obviously, just going along with an interviewer's question doesn't count.

I can link you to video of Trump specifically saying we only need about 800 miles; you can't link me to Trump specifically saying we need 1,900 miles.

Lol. Doesn't count? Why the hell would he "go along" with false information?

"Mr. President, you've been robbing liquor stores for 20 years, why do you do that?"
"Because it's easy! It's easier than making money in real estate."

Guys, he was just going along with the question, it doesn't count.

Do you have any evidence that he has prior conviction?

I'm just going off what's been provided.

For the last time, I never assumed anything about his conviction record in any of my posts.

You assumed he committed the misdemeanor of "improper entry" in this incident, which you have no evidence for since it might not have been his first time. That would make it a felony ("illegal re-entry").

I was merely pointing out your error, not claiming I know which crime he committed.

Lol. Doesn't count? Why the hell would he "go along" with false information?

"Mr. President, you've been robbing liquor stores for 20 years, why do you do that?"
"Because it's easy! It's easier than making money in real estate."

Guys, he was just going along with the question, it doesn't count.
Trump does that shit all the time. Surely you have noticed this.

For the last time, I never assumed anything about his conviction record in any of my posts.

You assumed he committed the misdemeanor of "improper entry" in this incident, which you have no evidence for since it might not have been his first time. That would make it a felony ("illegal re-entry").

I was merely pointing out your error, not claiming I know which crime he committed.

I completely understand the distinction that's why I'm making it.

I've only seen him enter once and no information has been provided that he entered previously.

So, your attempt to raise this distinction is pointless in the current context and yet another of your pointless obfuscations.

Therein lies the problem?
Not really. If you listen to his actual words (in context) instead of assuming that he 100% accepts the premise of his interviewer's questions, you will start to see Trump as much more sensible than before.

Back