• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Ilia Topuria vs Max Holloway - UFC 306: The Sphere - September 14th

This and Sean/Merab as co-main
With Grasso/Shevy III as 3rd wheel. Not the biggest WMMA fan but their 1st 2 fights were pretty awesome.

Ortega, Yair, & Lopes in separate fights as well hopefully. Could be the 2nd or 3rd best card of the year up to that point.

Ortega aljo co-main.
Sucks that max is moving back down. Fuck.

Would love to see it. Max was shouting it out from teh mountain tops, so I'd expect his pause in aggreeing is due to all this free advertising he's getting by delaying his signing.

Suga'z rallying to be at teh sphere, but I'm not sure how that would play out if this fight waz made.

We gotta think aboot Mexican day too, while we try to figure on what they'll do, though Merab vs Suga doesn't check that box... it would likely be the co-main, & it makes this one more likely for teh main.

It'll be a great fight. Topuria has a lot of tools he can use to cause problems for Max. He's faster, he hits hard and he can wrestle. I'm curious if Max will look to impose his aggressive boxing style or approach it from a kickboxing perspective and try to fight longer. Ilia is much faster than Gaethje so it'll give Max a lot to think about. Great fight on paper with a lot of other variables - cardio, weight cut, scar tissue, durability - outside of skill alone.

Such an incredible fight , I have to admit I’m pretty curious to see what an mma fight in the sphere is going to look like

Is gonnae be September Illia vs Max for the BMF as a co main event. The main event will be Conor vs Oliveira at WW waiting to Topuria to win to challenge Conor at Bernabeu Stadium. Mark my words

Will this be for the most important title in UFC history?

The BMF belt?
BMF ain't on the line, Ilia would have to go up in weight for that.
Also, kills the momentum of the belt and sticks it permanently with a champion at a lower weightclass until they move up. If Ilia wins, kills the belt outright.

this will be a good opportunity for Ilia to prove that his win against Volk was not due to Volk's quick turn around and moreso due to the arsenal of his abilities

Three title fights? Or too much?
I usually think those can go on too long, but I do have a strong feeling Topuria/Holloway would end in a finish so maybe it wouldn't be so bad
Normally too much but with Conor & Jones sandwiching it they can afford to. Still leaves DDP/Izzy for AUG. Then Pereira + Islam(if he beats DP), Zhang, Pantoja, & Penington for Abu Dhabi & DEC. Chandler/Conor winner could be in play too.

Even though UFC is dying their roster is lowkey awesome atm.

Hopefully this means we can see Volk get a tune up. I'd like to see him fight Evloev, there's very little chance Volk gets finished but it's still not exactly a layup. Volk wins, he's in the mix again. If he loses, he'll know he's on the decline for sure and almost certainly won't get concussed.

Max is a dawg but Ilia is too fucking sharp and powerful to strike with for 5 rounds.

I have to go Ilia but obviously wouldn't br shocked if Max does it again

Back