• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If we’re going to look at resumes without context like Jon wants to do with the Stipe “legacy” fight

Then Jon lost to Matt Hamill and he’s not undefeated. Sure it was a DQ but a loss is a loss and the records show that. You can’t go and say “I’m fighting Stipe because of his record in the UFC and to cement myself as the goat” completely ignoring the fact that he’s 46 years old and coming off a years long lay off after a brutal KO. That’s not a legacy fight

If Jon is acting solely with the records in mind at this point, and not for any semblance of validity, he has a valid loss already, and shouldn’t be trying to preserve some none existent perfect record by ducking every viable opponent
You are the dumb bandwidth waste. Give back your internet.

Jones wasn't 42 when he came back from a layoff. Jones didn't get flatlined in his last fight before his layoff. And Jones didn't have a full-time job.

That being said, I don't blame Jones for wanting the biggest payday for the lowest risk; that's what most people want. I blame the UFC for turning the HW division into a complete sham over the last few years.
Exactly and i would be fine with that fight IF Jobes didn’t have the belt. That’s the big issue here, you can’t fight a washed up retired 47 yr old guy if you’re the champ. The champ is supposed to fight contenders, specially if there’s an interim champ. That’s the ONLY fight to make in this situation. If Jones wants to fight Stipe go for it, but vacate the belt before. This is like Islam wanting to fight BJ Penn, its absurd.

dude doesnt even need to fight at HW
no fighter can surpass his resume
the quality wins the hardest most competitive fights

not in this lifetime no on can surpass him
his haters will cry forever even in old age remembering him
lmao

True but Stipe is one of the only men at HW along with the beast to actually beat Ngannou, the former reigning champion who left, unbeaten. The reality is it is all about perspective as Stipe does have a win against an actual HW monster and one that was ruling the current HW division.

Some say he is still the baddest man at HW. A man who would sleep the chiny Aspinall with one hand.
Zoumanna Cisse beat FN then, also Fury and AJ beat FN too so I mean you don't have to be that amazing to beat Francis or Idk cause rn with how FN got exposed severely, I got Gane in a rematch, Aspinall, Pavlovich or even Volkov beating him.

also when Stipe beat him, FN hasn't even hit his prime, and funny how you guys on sherdog are now underrating Stipe going into the Jon fight after you overrated him a lot and saying that "he fought HW's that weren't in their real primes" cause also funny how you defending Stipe and you have Alexander Emelianenko pfp cause I thought that Fedor and Stipe fans hate each other and Fedor fans respect Jon fans

and tbh, at first, I did defend Stipe's legacy and I tried to tell people on this site that the guys he has fought were still in their primes and HW's have longer primes but actually no, HW fighters are still humans and just cause fighters fight for titles doesn't mean they are in their real primes, cause we know that for an example: Alistair's real prime was him being Ubereem, JDS was in his prime when he was fighting Cain who took his soul, FN hit his prime when he racked a winning streak that led him to another title shot, Werdum and DC were just old title holders, Stipe in his prime has beaten HW's that weren't in their real primes, Arlovski, Hunt...etc of those guys were just stepping stones for Stipe.

We don't care about Tom asspinal
Jones vs stipe is the fight to make

How about we let Stipe actually fight before we decide how well or poorly he'll perform. Jones had a three year layoff, a couple of unspectacular fights (that many people thought he lost), and was even moving up in weight - and he did just fine, didn't he?

I was down to let Stipe get this fight if it wouldn't hold the division up for 2 years.

Back