If Volkanovski Win at UFC 294, new GOAT?

psg15

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So would Volkanovski be the new goat, jumping Jon and GSP, if he beats Islam at UFC 294?

Think about the circumstances, short notice fight of 2 weeks, he going up a weight class again, its Islam backyard of Abu Dhabi and biggest hurdle, he going to have less than 2 weeks to adjust to the time difference and weather.

Khabib said that when Islam beat Charles for the title, Charles made a mistake of not flying a month earlier like Islam to adjust to the time difference. Volkanovski not going to have that opportunity and wondering can be pulll it off?

I think if he KO or dominates Islam in two weeks, Volkanovski is the goat.

So would Volkanovski be the new goat, jumping Jon and GSP, if he beats Islam at UFC 294?

Think about the circumstances, short notice fight of 2 weeks, he going up a weight class again, its Islam backyard of Abu Dhabi and biggest hurdle, he going to have less than 2 weeks to adjust to the time difference and weather.

Khabib said that when Islam beat Charles for the title, Charles made a mistake of not flying a month earlier like Islam to adjust to the time difference. Volkanovski not going to have that opportunity and wondering can be pulll it off?

He'll be close. He would've avenged his lone UFC loss by dominating fashion. I feel like he still needs to defend the title a couple more times, like against Ilia to be truly considered the GOAT

Oh, also fight Corey Nelson again to avenge all his losses

Its the perfect excuse, he has nothing to lose.

Islam has much more to lose, he's moved on from the Volk fight whereas Volk has been itching to get a rematch. Islam has been training for Charles and not a guy who's too short to clinch. Volk will go in there and will get praised for going in there on short notice, win or lose.

Volk would be 1-1 against the higher weight division champ. GSP and Jones have a winning record.

Not quite, let's be real. His resume at 145lbs is decent, not amazing. He has what, 5 total title defenses? And 2 are vs the same guy, one was vs a washed up Zombie, another vs an unproven Yair and then Ortega didn't even earn a title shot lol. Beating Islam is a huge achievement and even how he lost to Islam was a huge achievement but to catch guys like GSP, Jones and probably a few others, he still needs to do more.

I don’t care about goat talk but it would be a monumental achievement.

Reactions: HHJ
He'll be close. He would've avenged his lone UFC loss by dominating fashion. I feel like he still needs to defend the title a couple more times, like against Ilia to be truly considered the GOAT

Oh, also fight Corey Nelson again to avenge all his losses
Llia ain’t shit

he has done nothing and certainly doesn’t control volks goat status

A Volk win would be Jordan esque for sure but no on GOAT.

If Volk wins, and then wins the inevitable trilogy match, then he's basically won MMA.

I dont think beating Islam is enough to do it. Islam himself doesnt have that many big names on his record. Volk is the only guy he's defended his title against,and its not even a real LW.
You convinced me. Edited my post.

Reactions: HHJ
the timing is wrong. short notice volk without a proper fight camp wont win this fight. this tarnishes what would have been a good rematch. this is pointless. islam will easily win, then the lame media/lame journalists will go WOW, IsalM TeH GOaTZ!!!!!!!!!!bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh

NO, FFS...

Hell of a fighter though.
it would definately puts his name on the list. I treat the yair win as a big win as well. his first lost to islam was very competitive, he'd now be a double champ with 7 title wins if he beat islam with a notable wins list that looks like

Elkins
Mendes
Aldo
Max
Max
Ortega
Zombie
Max
Yair
Islam

It's definately something to start talking about. Of course if he were to defend against gaethje and toupira that'd be insane. but im with you not "THE" goat or anything like that. but for sure enters the realm of best to ever fight in the UFC easily without question

Back