• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

if Volk loses to Topuria, it could be the first time CKB has no current champ

Hand sanitizer boy? Come on lad, this is a waste of a thread. There is zero chance.
Hand sanitizer boy seems like a more serious contender than Matt Serra, Michael Bisping and Sean Strickland yet all of those guys won.

That's not impressive stats at all TS, lol.

Would be worth a thread if they held a title for 10 years, multiple champs, guys from the same gym stealing the belt or something.

Hand sanitizer boy seems like a more serious contender than Matt Serra, Michael Bisping and Sean Strickland yet all of those guys won.
CM Punk is currently a more serious contender than hand sanitizer boy. Come on now lad, get you’re head out of your arse

Another end of an era is near. Volk wanting to fight again in January after getting KOed is probably gonna fulfill the prophecy

To paraphrase Hawthorne, "Gyms are always rising and falling in MMA". 15-20 years ago it was Miletich Fighting Systems and Chute Boxe, 10-15 years ago it was Jackson-Winklejohn, Nova Uniao, and ATT, 5-10 years ago it was Wittman/Grudge, etc. They all produced champions that seemed unbeatable, and then time/competition caught up with them. Many other gyms seemed to hold promise only to continuously fail to bring home a belt and/or hold onto it - Blackzillians and post-WEC Team Alpha Male come to mind (though to be fair, Cody did look amazing in the Cruz fight, and Dillashaw was one foot still in Alpha Male when he gog together with Ludwig to go on his title run).
Gotta include AKA in there as well, though they're still pretty relevant with Islam being champ

Yes, my bad. At one point they had Cain/DC/Rockhold/Khabib all at the top of their game, roughly in the same era.
That may be the most impressive roster for any gym ever at a given time. I think all 3 were champs simultaneously while Khabib was on the come-up.

There's a good chance when you consider Topuria's wrestling and power. It's reasonable to say the guy has more power in his hands than Islam.
And volk getting koed badly
That affects certain fighters ina bad way I think volk is one of them
I don’t think he’s champ much longer

Why do camps need to have champions to be anything other than trendy? I think it's incredibly rare to have a champ, let alone a couple at a time. I'm sure most camps do not have a UFC champ. I've never heard of a camp always having a UFC champ.

islam kind of ruined this intriguing fight, now if ilia wins, volk was cracked already

Yup, I'm sad the Islam rematch happened before this fight.. Now I'm less excited for this one because Volk is coming off a bad loss.. Fucking UFC ruined this fight for me

Volk has his own coaches and team anyhow, its not like he's a home grown product of CKB.

Izzy is a different story, but the guy is a gifted athlete that would have done well anywhere he went.

I think a lot of people like to shut their eyes to these facts sir.
Izzy at AKA, ATT would've done the same if not better.

Volk could also succeed just about anywhere.

Crazy how depending on how Volk vs Topuria goes, it could be the first time CKB has no current champions since 2019
crazy-how-depending-on-how-volk-vs-topuria-goes-it-could-be-v0-5nw09nqt5nwb1.png

Topuria nearly got finished in the exact same way as Volk against Jai Herbert with a full camp. He came back and got that highlight reel KO, but the only reason he survived was the position they were in the cage where as Volk got caught against the cage and Islam followed up and got a TKO.

The hate for CKB is crazy. They are a really active camp for the most part. Generally put on good striking battles and even are exciting when they lose. Volk isn't a CKB fighter anyway. He just goes over there to get sparring rounds in against other UFC level 155ers whilst training out of his home gym.

Back