• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Gaethje didn’t break his nose

why in the world would Gaethje break his own nose during a fight?

I tend to agree that the fight would be different without the broken nose, but Max deserves full credit for breaking his nose.

You can't call it lucky when Max landed the same strike repeatedly later in the fight. He clearly figured out a way Justin was ducking, and had that kick ready.

With that said, I think it did change Justin's approach. He seemed like he was desperate to avoid more damage for the next 2 rounds, and as a result was not able to generate offense of his own, and allowed Max to get into rhythm. Finally in round 4 he realized that he needed to do something and pressured, which he likely would have started earlier if he didn't get his nose broken.

That would’ve been a completely different fight. It made Gaethje tentative and hurt every shot. Then the eyepokes made it worse. He was very unlucky
If Dan Henderson didn’t knock out Fedor , it would of been a different fight

He was already tentative before the break. He looked slow from the start

if gaethje had a tag team partner it wouldve been a different fight.

<seedat><seedat><seedat>

• Haha
Reactions: F15
As if Holloway wasn’t the one who broke his nose. Also landed that kick multiple times.

As though Justin slipped on a banana peel and hurt his nose.

I usually don't post in troll threads buts its MMA Mardi Gras after all.

That would’ve been a completely different fight. It made Gaethje tentative and hurt every shot. Then the eyepokes made it worse. He was very unlucky
I agree. This was a fight defined by the last 10 seconds of every round

The nose break wasn't an accident it was the result of a strike ...

And are we sure about that? Gaethje was outclassed.

Just ban this guy and be done with it

Maybe, but I don’t think so. Justin just couldn’t catch Max at all.

It definitely changed the fight but Max threw it and it landed. It is what it is.

Gathje seemed like his head was down everytime Max threw that spinny

Max was timing Justin's ducks with that kick so many times. He must have practiced that.

Back