Power difference between Gaethje and Dustin

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
A follow up thread to my thread about max and Gaethje. I watched the poirier max 236 highlights and I'm not sure how max took those shots against the fence.

Gaethje hits harder. But Dustin also has a very decent knockdown and knockout rate. My question is, how much more powerful than Dustin do you think Gaethje is? Is it a slight difference, significant or night and day? I can't imagine it being a significant difference. Poirier rocks everyone he hits cleanly, just like Gaethje does. Of course every fight is different and he could still knock max out.

Yes.

giphy.gif

I don't think there is much difference between Poirier and Gaethje, and both finished each other by strikes, 1-1 so far, they need to have a rubber match. We have to remember that Holloway had a bit of a mental block against Poirier because Poirier already beat him and tapped him out.. and Holloway said that it hurt him emotionally and it was on his mind. Against Gaethje its a fresh fight so won't have that in his mind

I think it will be a great fight and very entertaining, it will be a war, personally I think it will go the distance. I don't know why Holloways chin is always being talked about.. he is not Johnny Walker and falling over every 5 seconds from glancing blows. Holloway looked excellent in his last fights and he is so accurate and fast. I see it being a war and super close.

Mel Tormé once said, out of Dustin, Justin, Bustin' and Charles, Chandler was the hardest hitter.

Sounded like "BING" when he connected.

Gaethje might load up a tad more on his punches, i would rate them about equal, both are JBG disciples of the highest order.

Porier’s punches just look dense, dude has heavy hands, everything hits with a “thud”

Justin appears to “slam” his opponents when strikes, idk if its cause he loads on his shots so much but his shots appear more “impactful”

Not so sure. Chandler said out of Dustin, Justin and Charles, Dustin was the hardest hitter
Interesting data but muddied by the fact that not every punch from the same person carries the same force. And of course the timing and accuracy of each punch probably affects the perceived 'hardness'.

Gaethje definitely swings harder and puts more into his punches. Translates to harder punches but I dont know if he actually has more power. Dustin is a better boxer with better shot selection and placement of punches still with a lot of power. I hope we get to see Max sparked out either way though.

It is a scientific fact women make you weak in the knees and the power that you can squeeze. The real question is who is more likely to be intimately involved of the two leading up to fights.

Id say Justin has more power, Dustin has slightly better accuracy/technique.

A follow up thread to my thread about max and Gaethje. I watched the poirier max 236 highlights and I'm not sure how max took those shots against the fence.

Gaethje hits harder. But Dustin also has a very decent knockdown and knockout rate. My question is, how much more powerful than Dustin do you think Gaethje is? Is it a slight difference, significant or night and day? I can't imagine it being a significant difference. Poirier rocks everyone he hits cleanly, just like Gaethje does. Of course every fight is different and he could still knock max out.
Let's remember, Dustin - and Eddie - beat Gaethje with multiple body shots.

Gaethje probably hits harder - when measuring one punch at a time - than either of them.

Last edited:

I'd have to go back and watch their fights; but my impression is that DP is more precise than JG.

We're gonna see whether JG can land flush on the button.

Max is getting older; so this is a very tough matchup for him.

Back