• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Diego Lopes wins

Yes, he'd probably go to #3 if he wins. Yair, who's currently #4, has lost 2 in a row and just got finished by Ortega. If Diego beats Ortega, it would be pretty difficult to justify keeping him behind Yair.

But with Max and Volk still looming, Diego would probably need another win before getting a title shot. If Aljo-Movsar happens, the winner of that fight should take on the winner of Diego-Ortega as a #1 contender fight.

Yes, he'd probably go to #3 if he wins. Yair, who's currently #4, has lost 2 in a row and just got finished by Ortega. If Diego beats Ortega, it would be pretty difficult to justify keeping him behind Yair.

But with Max and Volk still looming, Diego would probably need another win before getting a title shot. If Aljo-Movsar happens, the winner of that fight should take on the winner of Diego-Ortega as a #1 contender fight.
Agree except he wouldn't go to number 3 from 14 (not saying he shouldn't), just saying thats historically not been how rankings work plus Movsar would move into 3 considering his recent win over Diego who would likely go to 4.

He will have paid his dues and earned it. The division needs some fresh blood anyhow

Brian prolly won't get a TS ever again if he loses to Diego. This fight honestly is low stakes and high rewards for Diego especially considering most of the FWs at the top are on their last stretch.

Hope Ortega chokes his stupid face off.
images

I'm on the Diego Lopes hype train. If he finishes Ortega (I think he will), I'd like to see Lopes above Evloev in the rankings, seeing as how close their fight was and how many finishes Lopes would have vs Evloev's decisions. What an awesome opportunity UFC has given him to headline 303. They obviously are confident he belongs in their with Brian Ortega.

Last edited:
if he wins, he's the MMA goat for sure! that's how MMA math works!

but yeah, he's def. getting a TS next.. he won't need a title eliminator..it's obvious UFC wants him as champ

Agree except he wouldn't go to number 3 from 14 (not saying he shouldn't), just saying thats historically not been how rankings work plus Movsar would move into 3 considering his recent win over Diego who would likely go to 4.
I hear what you're saying, but your scenario would require Movsar to jump Yair, with neither of them actually fighting. Seems unlikely, especially since the UFC seems much higher on Diego than they are on Movsar. Let's not forget that the UFC manipulates the rankings.

Back