Media Diego Lopes Absolutely Torches Top Featherweight UFC Contender

When it's all said and done, the fighters who minimize their risk, don't take multiple concussions every time they fight and prioritize winning do better in the long run. A measely $50K performance bonus to get your head bashed in and literally take yrs off your life is not the genius move you think it is.

I don't know about all that.

It's working for a guy like Mosvar because he's extremely good at what he does. The vast majority of decision fighters aren't anywhere near as good. Unlike lots of action fighters who can lose plenty of fights and still stay on the roster, those "boring" decision fighters have a way higher chance of getting cut as soon as they lose a fight or two.

I mean, look at Rosholt. Guy was 6-2 in the UFC, but with only 1 finish. Was on a 3 fight streak, lost to Big Country, and they cut him, and everyone knew it was because he was boring.

Timur Valliev is another one. Had lost one split decision in like 11 years but wasn't a finisher. Loses to one top prospect via decision and they cut him and tried to make him fight his way back into the UFC via TUF lol.

The UFC don't give a shit about these sorts of fighters.

They didn't even want to sign Knuttson on DWCS. She had 80 mins of fight time in her 6 fight career, and Dana told her she didn't "have it" and needed more exp. Then in the next breath he gives a contract to Reese, a HW who also had 6 fights but only had like 5 mins total fight time lol. Knuts is only on the roster now because they decided to sign her because they needed someone to fight Lucindo on short notice. Lucindo pulled out and Knuts got to stay because she was now under contract haha.

I think it's still fine to be safe to a certain degree, but you also gotta take some chances. You'll make more money because you'll be able to stick around longer. Non stop decisions and taking zero risks whatsoever ain't working long-term unless you're the best in the world like GSP or something.

I'd say what actually happens in any fight is self-evident and infinitely more informative than a decision that 3 judges come up with. It definitely matters and fighters who "almost" win get credit for their great performances all the time, hence the fight bonuses.

You're right, but they don't deserve more credit than the winner. No matter how ugly the fight.

Is this for real? Is he for real? Evloev should thank him. He got outta there by the skin of his teeth. Just like he barely squeezed by Allen. How many dangerously close subs did Lopes wrap him in? I lost count. Lopes by far the more exciting fighter. I’m surprised Evloev is talking shit. You’d think he’d be showing respect after that barn burner. Not a great look. His last 2 fights could easily have gone a different way.

Eastern European grapple centric fighters are tarded

I don't know about all that.

It's working for a guy like Mosvar because he's extremely good at what he does. The vast majority of decision fighters aren't anywhere near as good. Unlike lots of action fighters who can lose plenty of fights and still stay on the roster, those "boring" decision fighters have a way higher chance of getting cut as soon as they lose a fight or two.

I mean, look at Rosholt. Guy was 6-2 in the UFC, but with only 1 finish. Was on a 3 fight streak, lost to Big Country, and they cut him, and everyone knew it was because he was boring.

Timur Valliev is another one. Had lost one split decision in like 11 years but wasn't a finisher. Loses to one top prospect via decision and they cut him and tried to make him fight his way back into the UFC via TUF lol.

The UFC don't give a shit about these sorts of fighters.

They didn't even want to sign Knuttson on DWCS. She had 80 mins of fight time in her 6 fight career, and Dana told her she didn't "have it" and needed more exp. Then in the next breath he gives a contract to Reese, a HW who also had 6 fights but only had like 5 mins total fight time lol. Knuts is only on the roster now because they decided to sign her because they needed someone to fight Lucindo on short notice. Lucindo pulled out and Knuts got to stay because she was now under contract haha.

I think it's still fine to be safe to a certain degree, but you also gotta take some chances. You'll make more money because you'll be able to stick around longer. Non stop decisions and taking zero risks whatsoever ain't working long-term unless you're the best in the world like GSP or something.
Well we're talking about Movsar, we're not talking about fighters who don't have a prayer of becoming UFC champs. Movsar has a legit chance of becoming a champ sometime within the next 2 yrs, in his situation he should prioritize winning rather than entertaining the fans. Dana can bellyache all he wants, it will get to a point where Movsar has to fight for the title for the sake of the integrity of the organization, as long as he keeps winning. This is especially true at FW where there are no true "stars" that the organization can leapfrog to undeserved title shots.

Well we're talking about Movsar, we're not talking about fighters who don't have a prayer of becoming UFC champs. Movsar has a legit chance of becoming a champ sometime within the next 2 yrs, in his situation he should prioritize winning rather than entertaining the fans. Dana can bellyache all he wants, it will get to a point where Movsar has to fight for the title for the sake of the integrity of the organization, as long as he keeps winning. This is especially true at FW where there are no true "stars" that the organization can leapfrog to undeserved title shots.

Yeh, I agree that if he wins enough Dana won't have any choice but to give him a title shot, but with the way he fights, the UFC will always do whatever they can to find someone else. They've done that plenty before. They don't care about integrity that much lol.

And at the very least, Mosvar needs to actually fight more. From 2022 to now he's only had one fight a year. He got this year's out of the way early, so hopefully he can fit in another 1-2 for 2024.

Yeh, I agree that if he wins enough Dana won't have any choice but to give him a title shot, but with the way he fights, the UFC will always do whatever they can to find someone else. They've done that plenty before. They don't care about integrity that much lol.

And at the very least, Mosvar needs to actually fight more. From 2022 to now he's only had one fight a year. He got this year's out of the way early, so hopefully he can fit in another 1-2 for 2024.
I agree that they'd screw Movsar if they could, lucky for him that there isn't anybody with star quality at FW. UFC isn't gonna bend the rules for Arnold Allen lool.

Is this for real? Is he for real? Evloev should thank him. He got outta there by the skin of his teeth. Just like he barely squeezed by Allen. How many dangerously close subs did Lopes wrap him in? I lost count. Lopes by far the more exciting fighter. I’m surprised Evloev is talking shit. You’d think he’d be showing respect after that barn burner. Not a great look. His last 2 fights could easily have gone a different way.
100% i thought he lost to Allen

He did fuck-all, stalling the fight out at every turn while Allen landed on him relatively frequently

at the end of the day fighters have to do what's best for themselves, and a boring decision win is better than a defeat in an exciting fight.

The Warrior Diego Lopes was legitimately the best thing to happen to the UFC last year. If he ever headlines a card, I may even buy the motherfucker.

Very true.

LOL since when do we give fighters credit for ALMOST winning a fight.
That is ridiculous. Who cares what these 2 human cockfighters talk about on twitter. Fight is over.
Since Nate landed 1 punch on Leon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back