If Alex fought Jones right now lhw..

Jones lost to Gus, Santos and Reyes but he's gonna beat Pereira? Ok buddy.
All of those men can grapple and grapple well defensively, Alex cannot. Alex is also slow footed and does not have the grappling or foot speed to keep jones off him. Santos is a real black belt in bjj. Gus was a purp belt and Reyes has a wrestling background and is a very good grappler. Both Gus and Reyes are much faster than Alex on the feet and are good at getting in and out of pocket quickly. Alex is slow footed, and is clueless on the ground.

You are comparing a guy who had a hard time out wrestling Izzy to men who can actually grapple and can grapple well against wrestlers. Pereira was taken down and controlled by Adesanya, and looked clueless on the ground and it is hard to believe that he has improved to a black belt in that short time. He does not have the grappling and is slow on the feet. He is tailor made for Jones.

Jones would dominate him. I like Alex and obviously his pure striking skills and power are among the best ever seen in MMA, but as an overall MMA fighter? honestly I dont think he would have been top 5 a decade ago where he'd have to be dealing with Jones, DC, Rumble, Gus, Bader, Glover, Davis etc. Hes lucky to be around in a relatively weak era where theres not many fighters with good enough grappling to exploit his weaknesses.

I'm a big fan of Pereira and Jones would wreck him at any weight. If Jones didn't end Pereira's career with oblique kicks he would EASILY choke him out if he was feeling charitable or GnP him if he was in a bad mood.
Jon's kicks wouldn't do shit to Pereira. But he could take Pereira down and strangle him, I agree.

Jones is entirely unmotivated to get his shit pushed in, you're correct

Hence why he's ducking Aspinall/Pereira in favor of geriatric Stipe

Been fighting nothing but shop worn vets his whole career, nothing new

Is normal
How do you duck someone that you've never been offered to fight?
And Jon would absolutely fight Alex in a heartbeat and he'd be motivated and crush Alex and use the salt from his hater"s tears to put on his fries

it would be an interesting fight.... jones would take him down. He would not have the ability to fight him standing. It would be the smart move.

Alex Jones has a better chance of commentating the Alex/Jones fight then the Alex/Jones fight does of happening in the first place.

It's up to Alex Jones to give us Alex/Jones

yes, it didnt show much other than Gane chokes when the stakes are high. Alex is likely better on the ground compared to Gane.
Nobody's pretending that Gane's a good grappler. However, Jon used wrestling to beat him and was dominant in doing so. That's all that is in question here. Said he hadn't had one in five fights when he matter of fact did in his last one.

Um...you watched the Gane fight, right?
Yeah, it's not like his TD on Gane was some masterful TD, he just grabbed him on a missed punch and flopped to the ground and Gane fell over with him. That was Jon's 1st sub in 11 years against a white belt.

VogNex.gif

Gane plays FIFA instead of training grappling. Alex is big and strong and actually trains to win. I bet he could hold off a Jones onslaught better than most give him credit for
haha.

Well prior to the fight, Gane was legit HW that moved like a MW.
#1 HW kickboxer, was going to send Jones to the shadow realm, introduce him the HW, Jones was shook, smoke etc. etc.

That revisionist history didnt kick in, until the bell rang and Jones reached to choke him.

That said, I'd love to see Alex vs Jones.

But Jones is a fit 250 now. If Jones fought him, he would be beating up old MW's, again.....

fyi- Gane has won fights with submission, Alex has not.

Yeah, it's not like his TD on Gane was some masterful TD, he just grabbed him on a missed punch and flopped to the ground and Gane fell over with him. That was Jon's 1st sub in 11 years against a white belt.

VogNex.gif
Was Jon wrestling? Yes.

Was it dominant? Yes.

Back