Movies JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX (Dismal $37.8 Million Opening; D CinemaScore; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Ah that's right.

Can't portray white men in a sympathetic perspective.

{<diva}

You literally can't.

You can predict if a character is a good guy or bad guy these days before they even speak in 90% of movies. If it's a white guy, he's almost guaranteed to be a bad guy or at best a good guy who's a total dipshit.

You might get the odd white hero like Deadpool but he also spends half the movie talking about how he likes to get pegged.

You literally can't.

You can predict if a character is a good guy or bad guy these days before they even speak in 90% of movies. If it's a white guy, he's almost guaranteed to be a bad guy or at best a good guy who's a total dipshit.

You might get the odd white hero like Deadpool but he also spends half the movie talking about how he likes to get pegged.
is Paul Atreides not white? Wolverine? Glenn Powell?

You literally can't.

The only thing about this post I dispute is its closer to 95%, not 90%. And that 5% is when its a well-respected actor that people are paying to see in a prominent role.

90% is accurate.
So if I were to look at the top 20 highest grossing films for any of the last couple years, 90 percent of them would feature mo white guys as a hero? Lol

Let me guess, your sample size is whatever you pulled out of your ass.

So if I were to look at the top 20 highest grossing films for any of the last couple years, 90 percent of them would feature mo white guys as a hero? Lol

Highest grossing would be an weird metric since woke movies tend to bomb at the box office.

Why not include all major studio films over the last five years, not just the ones that made money?

Highest grossing would be an weird metric since woke movies tend to bomb at the box office.
Why not include all major studio films over the last five years, not just the ones that made money?
Because those are the roughly correlated with the most important projects funding wise for studios. But hey, have it your way. Please point me to the source that shows 90 o 95 percent of major studio films over the last five years don't have white dudes as a hero in leading or high visibility supporting roles. I'm sure you guys have seen every major studio release and aren't just tossing shit at a wall.

[I know some of this info has already been posted. Just how bad is this:]

Joker 2’s cinematic pounding continues after a poor opening weekend has seen it reportedly lose roughly $70,000,000 (£53.5m) at the box office.

What’s more, it’s officially been rated as the worst comic book movie ever, as well as the worst film of 2024 – yes, even worse than Madame Web.

But that appears to have been just the start of Joker: Folie à Deux’s woes, for it has become the first Hollywood comic book movie in history to to receive a dismal D CinemaScore rating from opening night audiences.

It’s made just $40m (£30.6m) at the US box office, which is massively down on predictions of $70m (£53.5m) from just three weeks ago, and combined with international results of $81.1m (£62m) puts it at $121.1m (£92.6m) total so far.

The movie cost at least twice the original Joker’s pricetag of $55m (£42m), with reports putting it at around $190m (£145m) according to AP after director Todd Phillips denied that it was as high as $200m (£153m).

So it’s looking like a loss so far of nearly $70m (£53.5m).

Go woke, lose money is accurate. The people behind this are nowhere near 'going broke'. They're happy to spend lots of money to mould culture, and society to their liking. In fact the real big boys can just create as much money as they want out of nothing anyway.
Worse than Madame Web . . .

<YeahOKJen>

I thought the first Joker was pretty bad so this sequel must be absolute dogshit if even fans of the first are rejecting it.

See I was indifferent to the first. When a second one was announced I didn’t care. Then Lady Gaga was said to be in it so I was like fuck, now I have to see it. And I ended up enjoying it far more than the first. The other guy that said you need to find the musical part entertaining is right. I went in with an open mind, but god do I fucking hate musicals. But I thought the numbers were fun. I was never bothered by them, never felt like HURRY THE FUCK UP AND STFU lol, actually enjoyed them. Idk. Clearly not everybody’s cup of tea (rather few peoples actually lol), but so be it.

Because those are the roughly correlated with the most important projects funding wise for studios. But hey, have it your way. Please point me to the source that shows 90 o 95 percent of major studio films over the last five years don't have white dudes as a hero in leading or high visibility supporting roles. I'm sure you guys have seen every major studio release and aren't just tossing shit at a wall.

You're challenging our opinion.

You do the research.

Whether you agree or disagree with our opinion is of no consequence to us.

You're challenging our opinion.

You do the research.

Whether you agree or disagree with our opinion is of no consequence to us.
Lol. So you're going to toss out an extraordinary claim (95% of major studio films don't have a white guy in a hero role), but you refuse to provide a shred of evidence for it. The burden of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim. Quit being lazy and show receipts, otherwise you're just talking out of your rage pilled ass.

So now it's five years? Last post it was 2...

90% is accurate.
I had never really thought about it or picked up on anything like that. But looking back on the films I’ve seen recently, I do see that white men don’t play the good guys in the films I’ve seen, but they are the bad guy roles. Weird.

Except maybe Barbie, I know I KNOW okay lol. But Ken was nice, then bad, then nice again. Oh! Allen was white and remained a good guy while all the minority Kens turned on the Barbies with White Ken 😂

Now you’ve put this in my brain I’ll be looking for it.

I had never really thought about it or picked up on anything like that. But looking back on the films I’ve seen recently, I do see that white men don’t play the good guys in the films I’ve seen, but they are the bad guy roles. Weird.

I don't really understand when woke people try to pretend this isn't a thing when they've maintained for decades that women and minorities weren't getting a fair shake in movies.

Then suddenly if you notice it going in the other direction, you're just being paranoid lol.

Now that you're looking for it, you'll see it.

So now it's five years? Last post it was 2...
At least read Tweedle Dum's posts before spazzing out, Tweedle Dee. The time frame doesn't mean much to me, I'm just waiting for any shred of evidence from either of you.

Can't believe a musical sequel about an unlikeable incel with greasy hair didn't do well. Just doesn't make any sense.

Lol. So you're going to toss out an extraordinary claim (95% of major studio films don't have a white guy in a hero role), but you refuse to provide a shred of evidence for it. The burden of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim. Quit being lazy and show receipts, otherwise you're just talking out of your rage pilled ass.

Your reputation proceeds you, and you're never honestly interested in honest discussion.

Maybe the percentage is 80% maybe its 95%, but its clear that new roles given to white male actors are far more common than not for villains or fools.

Back