• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Ian Garry vs Michael Venom Page official for UFC 303 on June 29

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think Garry might outstrike MVP because of his grappling threat, if he really does pose one. On paper MVP is probably a better striker (althought that is highly debatable), but if Garry can establish the threat of a takedown early that will give him an advantage standing.

I assume that there will be a lot of waiting and staring and feinting. But you never know, maybe it's a FOTN Just Bleed banger.
I actually agree with this. However, has Ian ever tried to wrestle anyone? I know he has excellent tdd for a striker while MVP has extremely piss poor grappling. Seems like a possible easy path to victory for Ian should he take the grappling route.

Last edited:
Good matchup. Not sure how entertaining it will be but at least they are staying active working towards contention. Both could have been good winnable fights for Colby with his grappling. But Colby will need to find some one else.

Some parallels between them.

In Garry's 13th pro MMA bout, he fought Neil Magny. There was chatter leading into that fight, Garry upset with Magny for whooping his kids, and Garry proceeded to knock down Magny with the first leg kick of the fight, and completely dominate him, to the point that Magny just stopped throwing offense at all. It was a monumental beating, like a father beating a child, Garry giving Magny the finger in between rounds, dropping him to the ground and leaning over him and screaming "get the fuck up." It was as one sided as we see.

In MVP's 13th pro MMA bout, he fought David Rickels. There was chatter going into that fight, MVP taking exception to Rickels telling the media that he would "take his heart," and MVP proceeded to do what MVP does, and completely dominate him, to the point Rickels became afraid to throw any offense. It was a monumental outclassing, like a school bully picking on a kid, getting in his ear when the bell sounded for the end of the round, and eventually busting him open over his eye, a stream of blood flowing out, and Page screaming at Rickels, "You're fucked!" He took Rickels' heart, and Rickels waived off the fight himself. It was as one sided as we see.

These guys have a similar brashness, I expect that even if the fight is kinda a dud, it still kinda won't be.

Not sure Garry makes it to the fight…

Never thought they'd derail Garry like this.

MVP hits and runs...Garry will have a hard time.

MVP is a track star.

I think Garry might outstrike MVP because of his grappling threat, if he really does pose one. On paper MVP is probably a better striker (althought that is highly debatable), but if Garry can establish the threat of a takedown early that will give him an advantage standing.

I assume that there will be a lot of waiting and staring and feinting. But you never know, maybe it's a FOTN Just Bleed banger.
Yeah I think there will definitely be a lot of feinting/staring at least for the first round while they are trying both to gauge distance and reactions. MVP for the most part has proven pretty tough to take and hold down.

Another interesting test for Garry is MVPs build. For the most part Garry has been the taller and longer man in his UFC fights he won’t be against MVP and is at a pretty significant reach disadvantage

Last edited:
I really hate this matchup.
Mainly because both of these fighters could easily beat Leon Edwards.

MVP is a mystery to me. He is beating good guys and mostly what he does is darts head first with his right hand. Amazing that he has this timing to not get flat lined when he does that over and over again.
Especially at age 37. Remember, Anderson Silva was known for sticking his chin out and daring fighters to take shots until he turned 38 and Weidman caught him. That style doesn't age too well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back