I wish we could’ve seen Franklin vs Bisping

Between rich and Bisping.

Not crow and Bisping.

That guy was talking about the best version of Bisping, which is what we are talking about in this thread, not Bisping in his UFC debut year...

So you dont think GSP "should be able" to handle Irvin, a MW who barely cut weight to make 205 and was not far from a can at any weight, and of course way worse fighter than Bisping.
Its ok
As I said, I expected a higher standard from this debate but it's all cool - bro
Btw- I do apologize for my " levels to this " arrogance. I might disagree with u but I do respect u as a poster.

That guy was talking about the best version of Bisping, which is what we are talking about in this thread, not Bisping in his UFC debut year...
Despite being a year younger than Bisping he started his pro mma career 4 years before Bisping did.

Who knows. If David was able to fight amateurs then get coddled by the UFC to be the face of a country including have full promotional support with enough money to train properly with good partners and knowledgeable trainers who knows where the Crow could have ended up.

"At best", the guy who holds the record for most wins in MW division history. If UFC had the money - and interest - to pay the best MWs around back then, Tanner Quarry and Louiseau would hardly fight for any belt can you understand this or you swallow what UFC sells you without even chew?

Its cool if you want to back up Franklin, but you need to upgrade your repertory a bit. Even me, who would lean to favour Franklin vs Bisping, have a hard time taking you serious lol

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Bisping was a gatekeeper his entire career n only became champ in this “new n improved” mw division.

to become champ he had to be given all bunch of favorable hometown decisions n then catch chinny luke (who already beat him n completely underestimated him in the rematch) by surprise. Then he did his best to avoid all top mw contenders n faced 45 year old hendo n ww gsp.

So yeah, bisping might had longevity, but acting like he was much better than anybody Franklin faced is absurd n shows clear lack of knowledge n ability to put things in context.

I mean at his peak Loiseau finished tanner. A guy who was top mw att to get a title fight.

while bisping would always come up short in big fights n could never get to the title fight.

he could easily be ko or controlled by superior grappler. Both Loiseau n tanner would actually give him problems.

So you dont think GSP "should be able" to handle Irvin, a MW who barely cut weight to make 205 and was not far from a can at any weight, and of course way worse fighter than Bisping.
Its ok
As I said, I expected a higher standard from this debate but it's all cool - bro

“mw who barely cut weight”

20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg

If you expect higher standards, then make sure you’re not way below yourself.

Despite being a year younger than Bisping he started his pro mma career 4 years before Bisping did.

Who knows. If David was able to fight amateurs then get coddled by the UFC to be the face of a country including have full promotional support with enough money to train properly with good partners and knowledgeable trainers who knows where the Crow could have ended up.

Not sure what you wanna say with this.
I guess we could play such hypotesis with anybody in the planet but whats the point?

Bisping is a better fighter than Loiseau ever was, thats what it is

"a MW who barely cut weight to make 205"
....are you 10?

man looked like concentration camp survivor trying to make mw n you still call him a mw regardless...

how dumb can you be?

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Bisping was a gatekeeper his entire career n only became champ in this “new n improved” mw division.

to become champ he had to be given all bunch of favorable hometown decisions n then catch chinny luke (who already beat him n completely underestimated him in the rematch) by surprise. Then he did his best to avoid all top mw contenders n faced 45 year old hendo n ww gsp.

So yeah, bisping might had longevity, but acting like he was much better than anybody Franklin faced is absurd n shows clear lack of knowledge n ability to put things in context.

I mean at his peak Loiseau finished tanner. A guy who was top mw att to get a title fight.

while bisping would always come up short in big fights n could never get to the title fight.

he could easily be ko or controlled by superior grappler. Both Loiseau n tanner would actually give him problems.

Loiseau lost to Rivera or Jason Day - among other lesser opppnents - whom Bisping dispatched with ease.
You dont have a clue, mate

man looked like concentration camp survivor trying to make mw n you still call him a mw regardless...

how dumb can you be?

man fought Sakara at 185 in UFC and lost, fought Khalidov at 190lbs and was easily dispatched, fought other former lesser MWs - even if the fight took place at 205 - and lost too. He just wasnt that good of a fighter, and he was no HW anyways, not even a big LHW.
The other poster is saying he "can't even imagine GSP handling Irvin". It's ridiculous

Loiseau lost to Rivera or Jason Day - among other lesser opppnents - whom Bisping dispatched with ease.
You dont have a clue, mate

oh! Mma math, great!

that’s shows true knowledge

I’m sure facing 6-1 30 year old Rivera is same as facing 19-7 40 year old Rivera nearing retirement...

As for Jason day... by that time Loiseau checked out. Franklin fight was humbling experience m he was never same fighter again. His coaches n even he himself admitted he was never comfortable fighting after that. But all that is besides the point.

nobodies questioning if bisping > Loiseau all time or other rich opponents

what i question is the claim that bisping would be as dominant as Franklin as champ.

there’s nothing that bisping did during his career that suggests that he would be as good.

he always found a way to choke in big fights n needed hometown decisions to boost his record.

he basically benefited from a ufc push in uk market

Far from a dream fight, Franklin was a beast derailed by Silva, Bisping was a can who beat a champion.

I respect Bisping, I just never saw him as a champion contender. Even the world was surprised when he won, few were surprised when he lost his first defense. He’s probably why GSP came back.

mad respect to Bisping for even being in contention, that’s no joke, you’re a beast to even be there. The food chain in brutal.

man fought Sakara at 185 in UFC and lost, fought Khalidov at 190lbs and was easily dispatched, fought other former lesser MWs - even if the fight took place at 205 - and lost too. He just wasnt that good of a fighter, and he was no HW anyways, not even a big LHW.
The other poster is saying he "can't even imagine GSP handling Irvin". It's ridiculous

the man spend most of his career as hw n lhw n that one time he tried to make mw he almost died. So again how does that make him mw?

that makes no sense.

Also prior to being humbled by Silva Irvin was 14-4 n most of his losses were against solid fighters.

now consider that gsp was made to tap to strikes vs 5’5 manlet n he also ducked mw most of his career, it’s pretty reasonable to think he wouldn’t be able to handle a guy who fought mostly as a lhw or hw.

I’m sure facing 6-1 30 year old Rivera is same as facing 19-7 40 year old Rivera nearing retirement...

As for Jason day... by that time Loiseau checked out. Franklin fight was humbling experience m he was never same fighter again. His coaches n even he himself admitted he was never comfortable fighting after that. But all that is besides the point.

Or Swick, Vilaseñor or Herman. I name those two as they are common opponents.
You are comparing those caliber of guys with Hendo or Belfort.

If Loiseau suffered "a humbling experience" for losing a decision to one-handed Franklin; he should not be even in the same discussion with a guy who fukin become champion with just one functional eye, and was at the wrong side of one of the most humilliating KOs in UFC history vs Hendo.

there’s nothing that bisping did during his career that suggests that he would be as good.

he always found a way to choke in big fights n needed hometown decisions to boost his record.

He did many thing thats suggest he could beat Tanner, Loiseau and Quarry, he actually holds the record for most wins in UFC MW history.

"Oh, but he lost to TRT Dan Henderson, TRT Vitor Belfort or TRT Sonnen"

Wel done man, you basically put Pete Sell - the guy who got Quarry his tittle shot - at the same level than the roided killers mentioned above...that's what you are doing, because UFC tells you what its worth or a tittle shot or a tittle eliminator and what its not and you swallow like a good b**h....do you have own criteria?

he basically benefited from a ufc push in uk market

What about Franklin benefitting from UFC having financial problems and being interested on having an American Poster boy champion in the division while saving money in contenders?

Why Bustamante and Lindland left UFC? Do you even for split second wondered why? Because they weren't good enough to beat Loiseau or Quarry? NO, because they asked for more money, and other promotions were actually willing to pay them such money. Same for top MWs in Pride.

Why Amar Suloev, who was a small MW, gets the call for the UFC to fight their LHW champ in Liddel - and gave him a tough fight - but never called him to face their posterboy Franklin at their natural weight class?.Because they already have better contenders? NO, because it would be a very risky business decision.

Nothing of this even remotely holds any weight in your head. UFC says "this is the tittle fight, this is not" - you swallow without even chew. And here you are talking about "champion with multiple defenses"...lol if you are like this regarding politics you must be such a sheep mate

Last edited:
the man spend most of his career as hw n lhw n that one time he tried to make mw he almost died. So again how does that make him mw?

that makes no sense.

Also prior to being humbled by Silva Irvin was 14-4 n most of his losses were against solid fighters.

now consider that gsp was made to tap to strikes vs 5’5 manlet n he also ducked mw most of his career, it’s pretty reasonable to think he wouldn’t be able to handle a guy who fought mostly as a lhw or hw.

Irvin, prior to being humbled by Silva (who was a WW not that long before), got beat by Lodune Sinclaid, a 5' 9" MW, not that good in the first place.

But you can't see GSP handling Irvin. What a turd my god

Last edited:
Irvin, prior to being humbled by Silva (who was a WW not that long before), got beat by Lodune Sinclaid, a 5' 9" MW, not that good in the first place.

But you can't see GSP handling Irvin. What a turd my god
The LHW Irvin that Silva fought (coming off a 8 second KO vs Houston Alexander) would KO any version of GSP stiff. It’s a moot point since GSP would never agree to take the fight in the first place

Bisping beat Silva, Rich dieded agaimst Silva

Bisping murdered Cung Le, who murdered Rich.

Don't kid yourself, bisping outworks Ace to a UD.

Yeah because the Silva vs Franklin/Bisping fights weren't a decade apart or anything. Totally legit comparison

<{cruzshake}>

I'm just skimming through some posts and you're twisting my words. I said " I have no idea if gsp would handle Irvin back then"

It would be open weight ( which UFC doesnt do), there is no data on Georges fighting anyone above his weight [ let alone 2 classes above]and like it or not - BACK THEN- Irvin was UFC calibur .
I dont know how much of a straight shooter I can be. I'm certainly not a detractor of gsp.
I calls em as I sees em.

Last edited:
The LHW Irvin that Silva fought (coming off a 8 second KO vs Houston Alexander) would KO any version of GSP stiff. It’s a moot point since GSP would never agree to take the fight in the first place

oh, Houston Alexander...haha ok. That guy got beat by an unranked WW in Josh Neer by the way.

Irvin lost to Sinclaid, a chubby 185lber not that long before he fought Silva.
Reading you, I gues you would assume GSP has no chance vs Sinclaid. Your deep logic would be: " "Sinclaid beat a 205lber in Irvin bro, that guy KOes stiff even the best WW ever, of course he does man"

If Irvin held the belt at LHW and you offer good money to fight him... GSP would take the money and the belt from mediocre Irvin. GSP and some other top WWs would certainly be favoured over him

Last edited:
Back