I want to hear your unpopular food opinion

Italian food is overrated. Talking mainly about Pasta based dishes and Pizza. I'm not eating anything where 90% of the ingredients are enriched flour, i don't care how well its prepared.

Spicy food is tremendously overrated
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F3a1553d8-da4b-11e9-a836-b8a7068a08fb.jpg

Now you are talking! Do love me some chile colorado.

Me nan used to cook everything in lard and i loved it but not sure if i could handle it now. I fried some thick cut applewood bacon in skillet last week and for old times sake decided to make a few fried slices(bread toasted both sides in the bacon fat). Been years since id tried it and it proper made me gag. Was a go to hangover special in younger days but way too greasy for me now.

Total coincidence, my mother-in-law just brought over tamales for a late lunch!

View media item 33588

Yellow mustard is an overpowering, sour fail on everything. It literally ruins everything it touches.

Fuck no. Its disgusting(i used to LOVE it the first 5yrs i were here).

You'll get over danish bacon, given time. Its tougher than a Bedouin Prince's taint.
I don't use either in sandwiches but always if I'm doing a bechamel. Step dad always gets it in for me when I go home, bit of a ritual him buying me Scotch eggs, pork pies and Tesco coleslaw.

Yellow mustard is an overpowering, sour fail on everything. It literally ruins everything it touches.
You're a bass player aren't you.

Dry yellow mustard is the sexy Frontman ingredient of Deviled eggs

No one EVER needs extra cheese on a pizza

I like nigiri, but sushi rolls can fuck clean off

I don't use either in sandwiches but always if I'm doing a bechamel. Step dad always gets it in for me when I go home, bit of a ritual him buying me Scotch eggs, pork pies and Tesco coleslaw.
lol pork pies, scotch eggs and steak n kidney pies are the first thing i hunt down on trips home

Greggs came about well after i'd left. Used to be all over Dewhursts and Pork Farms me. Will prolly rent a flat above a Greggs next visit home.

Absolutely. It doesn't taste like any other cut. It might have the nicest texture, but most have more flavour
Add fat.

Butter baste it or at least make a compound butter to melt over top as the meat rests.

I like the idea that if fat adds flavor, I can add whatever fat I want with whatever flavor I want to add. It's like the tenderloin just sponges it

I'm guessing American bacon is what we commonly refer as just "bacon". Bacon is great.

Canadian bacon is shit though, and I'm Canadian.

I was thinking more along the lines of bacon is crap but pork belly is awesome even tho bacon comes from pork belly.

Canadian bacon is barely even a real meat.

lol pork pies, scotch eggs and steak n kidney pies are the first thing i hunt down on trips home

Greggs came about well after i'd left. Used to be all over Dewhursts and Pork Farms me. Will prolly rent a flat above a Greggs next visit home.
He gets those chicken and musroom slices in for me too. It's like a smorgasbord with us watching football with stuff on our laps. Sounds really daft but it's nice. He never had a son who was into sport so us chatting about it while we're tucking in is good company.

Back