I want to hear your unpopular food opinion

AllPoliteArrowana-size_restricted.gif

They will never stop us
Never!
JIgxoB4.gif

How long did it take you to get used to the fact every condiment had corn starch here?
I LOVE ketchup and I'm not slagging it off because I'm used to it now but when I moved to VA my teeth used to itch it was so sweet.
Honestly, the obsession with dips here has largely passed me by so far.

I hate how salads are drenched in dressing over here and i barely dip me chicken wings. A good honey mustard or genuine from scratch bleu cheese dip are decent but even with them i prefer tasting the chicken and its seasoning.

Honestly, the obsession with dips here has largely passed me by so far.

I hate how salads are drenched in dressing over here and i barely dip me chicken wings. A good honey mustard or genuine from scratch bleu cheese dip are decent but even with them i prefer tasting the chicken and its seasoning.
I'm a stickler for making my own dressing, it takes 30 seconds to throw red wine vinegar, EVOO and wholegrain mustard with seasoning in a jar and shake it up.
I'm the same with Mexican and Greek. Rather make it all fresh, you know what's going in there then and better than out of a bottle.

American barbecue is a travesty.

Asains attacking US BBQ are straight up trash.

This asaincentric view of the world is ruining western culture more than anythig else.

Southern fried chicken >>>> taiwan or any other asain bbq.

My unpopular opinion: sushi sucks

I'm a stickler for making my own dressing, it takes 30 seconds to throw red wine vinegar, EVOO and wholegrain mustard with seasoning in a jar and shake it up.
I'm the same with Mexican and Greek. Rather make it all fresh, you know what's going in there then and better than out of a bottle.
My old roommate used to get through half a bottle of ranch dressing with a weekend pizza delivery sitting back in the 90s. Grossed me out.

A light drizzle of a basic lemon, garlic or coffee vinaigrette does me fine. With a bit of fruit on plate to cut through.

My old roommate used to get through half a bottle of ranch dressing with a weekend pizza delivery sitting back in the 90s. Grossed me out.

A light drizzle of a basic lemon, garlic or coffee vinaigrette does me fine. With a bit of fruit on plate to cut through.
I have dried cranberries, raisins, flax seeds in my office drawer, but no need for shop bought dressing, I'm not huge against it but I like changing it up with balsamic or raspberry. I'd be at Maccy Ds every lunch otherwise ;)

Do you Branston and salad cream as much as I do?

I have dried cranberries, raisins, flax seeds in my office drawer, but no need for shop bought dressing, I'm not huge against it but I like changing it up with balsamic or raspberry. I'd be at Maccy Ds every lunch otherwise ;)

Do you Branston and salad cream as much as I do?
Nah, never cared for salad cream. or baked beans.

For all my purity over dips, i do get through a silly amount of HP brown sauce lol

I can eat a malt vinegar and salted steak pie alone with a few rounds of buttered bread and a generous dollop of HP sauce on the side.

Eggs & soldiers my other meal from back home still in heavy rotation. At beginning of lockdown when bread was scarce i used frozen naan bread as my dipping soldiers lol It actually tasted amazing !

Was a late developer with Branston. Do love a good chutney too.

Nah, never cared for salad cream. or baked beans.

For all my purity over dips, i do get through a silly amount of HP brown sauce lol

I can eat a malt vinegar and salted steak pie alone with a few rounds of buttered bread and a generous dollop of HP sauce on the side.

Eggs & soldiers my other meal from back home still in heavy rotation. At beginning of lockdown when bread was scarce i used frozen naan bread as my dipping soldiers lol It actually tasted amazing !

Was a late developer with Branston. Do love a good chutney too.
I made the amount of jars of farmhouse chutney to fill an army in VA.
Eamon gets through a ton of HP, we do have different condiment tastes thankfully and he will make me a sandwich for me for work with one side Branston and one side salad cream. I do do one side HP and one side ketchup in a sandwich when we can find proper bacon here.

Dippy eggs, my friend!!!! That's me sorted for brekkie Saturday morning, thanks. As I was piling the pounds on I used to go to the local shop and have a Ginsters steak and onion pie for breakfast.

Pussy doesn't taste good, even the best one is basically meh

I could understand that from someone who has never had amazing sushi. It's invigorating if you get brilliant sushi.
That's mostly the turnoff...people raving about how amazing their sushi was. "You gotta try this new sushi place! It's the best!" I mean unless it brings one to orgasm, it's almost always being oversold.

Cilantro should never touch anything that's even potentially edible.

Waste of Money:
Expensive Mexican Restaurants.
Tastes just as good from a good food truck.

Expensive Vodka and Tequila:
You have all been scammed. Mid price stuff is just as good and often made in the same places with same ingredients.

Foods that suck:
Corn beef and Cabbage
Korean BBQ
Tiramisu

I made the amount of jars of farmhouse chutney to fill an army in VA.
Eamon gets through a ton of HP, we do have different condiment tastes thankfully and he will make me a sandwich for me for work with one side Branston and one side salad cream. I do do one side HP and one side ketchup in a sandwich when we can find proper bacon here.

Dippy eggs, my friend!!!! That's me sorted for brekkie Saturday morning, thanks. As I was piling the pounds on I used to go to the local shop and have a Ginsters steak and onion pie for breakfast.
Dippy eggs just do it for me. A basic chip butty too. That grosses Liz out. Carbs on carbs lol whats n ot to love. I make butties out of meat pies too. Pastry wrapped in bread ... Yum!

Do recommend trying garlic naan for soldiers. It makes you feel more adult lol

Back