I want to hear your unpopular food opinion

I love a well done steak with ketchup.

Pancakes are better with peanut butter

Not sure if this is odd but I love cheese rits bits with beef jerky and sweet tea.

Cool ranch doritos dipped in ketchup.

Argentinean empanadas speak to me. They're a massive upgrade on the meat or cheese and onion cornish pasties i loved from back home.

Indeed, very rarely something I eat in the UK but quite often makes a good lunch on holiday in Argentina.

Mayo is fucking gross. Any condiment/sauce made with mayo fucking sucks and ruins food. It's used by default in too many foods in the US. Often without even announcing it, and then you have to send it back.

American cheese is crap, especially white American cheese. Yellow American cheese is okay on a burger, but basically any other cheese would be better. And when it comes to eating on its own or with crackers, there's no comparison.

Black pepper is overused and other spices are underused. Salt is a flavor enhancer, whereas pepper just overwhelms. It should be used sparingly. Instead, a lot of people just douse it on everything and it ruins a lot of food.

Sweet barbecue sauce sucks. Mustard based BBQ sauces aren't much better. Tangy tomato based sauces for the win. Alabama white sauce is an abomination.

A lot of spicy food sucks. It's used as a cover for a lack of flavor. I remember a Jamaican guy I knew talking about how a local Jamaican/Caribbean place sucked and they just over-spiced the food and people thought it was good because of that, but it was crap. It's about flavor, not heat. You can have both, but flavor first.
Yeah, some guy the other day was saying pepperjack is his favourite. Wuuuut? You wouldn't put that on a cheeseboard, it's boring as hell. Okay on a burger or in a sub but not on its own.

My new thing is spreading peanut butter on my rice crispy treats. Brings them to a new level.

Pineapple in pizza isn't even that bad, so as lettuce in burgers
Half/medium cook bacon is better than crispy bacon
Aglio olio (spaghetti sauteed in olive oil) just doesn't work for me.
Eggplants are unappetizing any way you cook it
Soft tacos are way way better than messy crunchy tacos
Mukbang videos are never entertaining and appetizing, the people eating those large amounts of food are so gross

Mukbang videos are never entertaining and appetizing, the people eating those large amounts of food are so gross
Babaganoush is the only way I allow it and I'm not completely crazy about that either. It's a useless vegetable.

Babaganoush is the only way I allow it and I'm not completely crazy about that either. It's a useless vegetable.

I mean I got nothing on people who eats and enjoy eggplants. I'm glad for them enjoying it. But yeah, it's a no for me.

Though I remember I had those eggplant coated in tempura batter and deep fried. Those, I can have a few bites as long as there are other deep fried tempura veggies and of course those shrimp/seafood tempura. I guess that's one exception coz you can hide it's taste with the batter and the dip/sauce.

-Whatever to pineapple\Yes to lettuce
-Agree on bacon
-Incorrect on Aglio Olio
-Eggplant parmesan is dope
-Both tacos are great
-I don't know what that is

And the best that everyone raves abouit American wise with Hershey's tastes like actual cheese.

If the people around you think Hershey’s is the best chocolate, you need to uppercut all of them. Good chocolate isn’t hard to find. There’s a damn good chocolatier in my neighborhood and I don’t live in some posh city.

I mean I got nothing on people who eats and enjoy eggplants. I'm glad for them enjoying it. But yeah, it's a no for me.

Though I remember I had those eggplant coated in tempura batter and deep fried. Those, I can have a few bites as long as there are other deep fried tempura veggies and of course those shrimp/seafood tempura. I guess that's one exception coz you can hide it's taste with the batter and the dip/sauce.
It’s a texture thing for me. They’re like eating sponge.

If the people around you think Hershey’s is the best chocolate, you need to uppercut all of them. Good chocolate isn’t hard to find. There’s a damn good chocolatier in my neighborhood and I don’t live in some posh city.
There’s Green and Blacks in every grocery store pretty much, it isn’t hard to find. And Lindt, Hershey’s is so gross. I won’t even cook with it.

Back