I still can’t believe Chris defeated Spider...

Weidman slow lol. He's faster than Silva and absolutely dominated Anderson every second they were in the octagon together. His only weakness as a fighter is questionable judgement.

Why not? Weidman is better fighter than Silva.

Anderson fought a lot of low quality competition for much of his title run. Chael Sonnen fucking dummied him for 4.5 rounds ffs... so I can believe the first young hungry well rounded fighter he faced, undefeated and with a kryptonite skill set, tooled him in every aspect of mma. Weidman closed at like +180 despite his opponent riding a 16 ufc fight win streak... plenty of people knew he would be a huge threat.

Your analysis is an oversimplification

Back then Weidman was undefeated. He was younger, hungrier, way more confident, and had less wear on his chin and body

Not every fighter ages at the same rate. Chris aged like milk. He always had average-at-best cardio, and once opponents cracked his chin he became an easy target

He was slow, even in his prime, but he made up for it with strenght, power, and good wrestling.

But back in the Silva fight he was just starting to peak, while Silva was starting to decline. You saw how Chael was able to take Silva to his limit. Silva was beginning to slow down, as he was already in his late 30s

Plus the Chael fights probably made Silva extra afraid of good wrestlers, and facing a young, undefeated jock wrestler like Weidman probably seemed like an intimidating prospect. Which is why he clowned around, hoping to lure Weidman into a striking battle instead of a grappling battle

Except he got too careless and Weidman found his button. You can call it a fluke if you want, but the circumstances were just right. I think Weidman would have won that battle 9/10 under those conditions

You guys forget after the leg break Chris said they practiced checking low kicks in camp 'cause that was the only thing Anderson was able to get him with the 1st fight

Longo said afterward he called the move "destruction" because he told Chris to raise his knee up so Anderson's chin would connect to the front of the knee and 'cause damage

Chris knew the moment he checked it what might've happened you can see it on his face too.. He looks like "ok, you are gonna be fucked in a second here"

I really wish Silva hadn't of played games with him

Silva played games with everybody, that's his thing. He was still trying to do it in his 40s against Stylebender.

Started with Chris. Ended with The Chris.

Glitch in the matrix?

Chris was undefeated at the time and had that momentum. Look at fights within context. why is this so fucking hard to grasp?

Chris is still a steady top 10, and seems to be the definition of "winning the fight until he lost it."
Won ADCC East coast qualifier, 2 time D1 All american.
Also, crazy measurement of distance. That counter elbow he smashed Munoz with was beautiful savagery (even if the number of follow ups allowed was gross.).
Might not be champ anymore, but was a legit champ, and is still a legit, world class fighter.

I mean he is so slow with strikes and that’s why Silva dropped his hands because he didn’t want to wrestle a wrestler and had no respect for Weidman’s hands! I think Chris’ biggest problem is lack of speed in his punches. Do you agree?
giphy.gif

WiQJ04J.gif

I know people can't, otherwise they would respect Chris more.

Silva was a fucking troll and he deserved it 100%

He had unbelievable self confidence in himself for those fights. He knew he was gonna win. Something he now lacks.

As a huge Anderson fan I also have to admit 2 things. 1) He roided. 2) Chris got his number. Get that fluke crap outta here.

He's not fast but speed isn't his problem. IMO his problem is his reflexes and chin haven't been the same since the Rockhold fight where Weidman was allowed to take way too much punishment. He was never fast but he used to have much better reflexes, chin and timing.

Yeah i get that but Weidman was dominating before that i don't see how he loses that fight..
i mean, he landed one clinch strike that was the difference in round 1 and round 2 was a stalemate.

You guys forget after the leg break Chris said they practiced checking low kicks in camp 'cause that was the only thing Anderson was able to get him with the 1st fight

Longo said afterward he called the move "destruction" because he told Chris to raise his knee up so Anderson's chin would connect to the front of the knee and 'cause damage

Chris knew the moment he checked it what might've happened you can see it on his face too.. He looks like "ok, you are gonna be fucked in a second here"
c'mon anyone who thinks the "destruction" was a real fuckin thing is delusional. i love how the destruction technique worked once......

Back