I still can’t believe Chris defeated Spider...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I mean he is so slow with strikes and that’s why Silva dropped his hands because he didn’t want to wrestle a wrestler and had no respect for Weidman’s hands! I think Chris’ biggest problem is lack of speed in his punches. Do you agree?
giphy.gif

WiQJ04J.gif

Fluke wins

Anderson destroys the Chris in the trilogy

I really wish Silva hadn't of played games with him

Fluke wins

Anderson destroys the Chris in the trilogy

trilogies should only happen when its 1-1

e.g Chuck giving Tito was a third fight was dumb as hell. imo Now Tito has a KO over him.

Anderson was intimidated by the Chris while the reverse was not true. Chris said during staredowns that he wasnt afraid of him. That made a difference. I think he had champion fatigue like GSP too. Seemed relieved to lose. Part two was just brutal. Mic check, one, two.

trilogies should only happen when its 1-1

e.g Chuck giving Tito was a third fight was dumb as hell. imo Now Tito has a KO over him.

Normally I would agree, except if the rematch ends like this...

tenor.gif

Anderson was just never that good. He had occasionally impressive wins over weak competition. The competition caught up and he was exposed.

Anderson was intimidated by the Chris while the reverse was not true. Chris said during staredowns that he wasnt afraid of him. That made a difference. I think he had champion fatigue like GSP too. Seemed relieved to lose. Part two was just brutal. Mic check, one, two.
I’m just saying that Chris will never see the belt again with those slow hands

Anderson was never that good. He’s not Roy Jones and Weidman isnt Forrest Griffon.

Both Gastelum and Jacare would've beaten Silva.

Anderson was never that good. He’s not Roy Jones and Weidman isnt Forrest Griffon.
Anderson used to be really good.

You're high.

Both Gastelum and Jacare would've beaten Silva.
Hendo and Vitor were better than either of them, and Andy killed them. I swear, this is the only sport where fighters of yesteryear depreciate.

chris dominated anderson the whole combined 12minutes and 34seconds they fought for.

Normally I would agree, except if the rematch ends like this...

tenor.gif

I know only maximum few fights ended like that.
It was a good check but still.
In first fight Silva tried to avoid ground game keeping his hands very low and at the end he avoided it.
But he was too cocky and even slow Weidman was about to hit him clean.
Second fight Silva wasnt cocky but still Weidman knocked him down in first round and he was checking leg kicks. He didnt check kicks in first fight so he surprised Silva.
Weidman is an elite grappler and wrestler, his striking is very good as well but speed disadvantage is his biggest weakness.
Guys like Weidman, Rockhold and Romero should fight at 205.

if only Silva had gotten a chance to fight Mousasi and Jacare it would have been an eye opener imo
would not be fair to compare Gastelum or Romero or Whittaker because they were no where good when Anderson was peaking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back