I still can’t believe Chris defeated Spider...

Normally I would agree, except if the rematch ends like this...

tenor.gif

I agree with BEATDOWNS about this. That injury would be a reason for a rematch, not a trilogy. Not when the fight was being dominated by Chris.

TS just woke up from a coma or something?

chris destroyed anderoid TWICE

but that gif of chris against kelvin is hilarious. looks like he was training boxing with ronda

He really only defeated him once.. he defeated a shin bone the second time..

He was on juice and seemed unbeatable by the rematch. I thought Anderson was f'd both times and I think Anderson knew it. Look what Chael did. Chris was the worst match-up possible for Anderson back then.

Age, declining just enough, fucking around + a big middle weight with a hard punch = just coming along at the right time.

Now that USADA has come along chris is looking mediocre at best.

Anderson never really fought anyone who worked a jab very well nor anyone who was effective with feints.
Wiedman did and Anderson was flustered, Bisping did and so did Adesanya. Anderson is very uncomfortable when leading, he likes to taunt to get his opponents to rush in so he can counter them.

If Anderson waits to counter and his opponent feints and he reacts to the feint he leaves himself open for attacks. Anderson was very good against very limited strikers, not his fault that was the best the middleweight division had to offer and he clowned them all except when he didn't

Even with him thought to be on EPO.. What a warrior to still go in there and get the job done. Mental assassin.

he was clowning around with his hands down and got clipped. second fight was a fluke leg break. also, the chris was on a helluva run at the time.

Scylla and Charybdis up in this thread.

Either Anderson Silva was a can or Chris Weidmanis the most massively lucky fighter ever and neither of his two wins are legit.

Chris was hungry as fk.
At this time his house was destroyed by a hurricane, his wife and kids forced to live in his parents basement.
That boy wasn't going to be stopped.

I’m just saying that Chris will never see the belt again with those slow hands
Chris has slow hands bc you posted a 3 second gif of Chris missing half of punches against one of the fastest strikers in the division?
He was so slow that he literally made A.Silva look slower?
Chris beat Kevin who just fought for a belt and he will never see the belt again by what logic? Bc you think he’s slow?

Chris was hungry as fk.
At this time his house was destroyed by a hurricane, his wife and kids forced to live in his parents basement.
That boy wasn't going to be stopped.
This is exactly it. Money changes things and it kills ppl’s drive. I think that’s what happened to Pettis as well.

I mean he is so slow with strikes and that’s why Silva dropped his hands because he didn’t want to wrestle a wrestler and had no respect for Weidman’s hands! I think Chris’ biggest problem is lack of speed in his punches. Do you agree?
giphy.gif

WiQJ04J.gif
I've never understood it either yet, somehow he dominated every moment of both fights.

The record books will show Weidman is 2-0 against Silva, finishing him both times.

Back