I still can’t believe Chris defeated Spider...

Chris was overrated for beating old Silva but he was quite good.

Shame about that neck surgery. Not the same post surgery imo.

And he has been fighting Nothing but killers.

Well first fight he caught him off balance whilst clowning, second fight he snapped his leg lol. Unfortunately the second fight left us with more unanswered questions than anything. Post USADA Chris has looked absolute shit and I believe Silva would murk him at this stage even at his age.

Now that USADA has come along chris is looking mediocre at best.
MSQ6p6E.jpg

He had Kurt Angle level neck surgery.

Is on the wrong side of 30 (if anything he’s aging naturally).

Been fighting elite guys.

And no one thinks Yoel is off the stuff because of USADA so obviously you can still cheat so your pre /post usada stuff is non sense.

Well, my two cents
AS was old. Period.
AS is a counterstriker. These guys need their speed to be keen or they will miss it all. He never had tdd, which was a big threat in this fight and did limit AS arsenal usage. AS already had trouble with Chael due to wrestling. That said, his age prevented him from doing what he did. Prime AS murders Chris.

Weidman at one time WAS that good.

Sherdog is a bunch of dumbasses with short memories.

That wasn’t a single lucky haymaker that landed.

Silva was being outfought and was clowning because he was being embarrassed.

I still cant believe that people cant believe Chris won against Spider twice.
Whats not to believe

Did it look like Silva was going to beat Teh Chris at any point in the fight?
No, not really.

Even when Silva returned for the rematch, and was supposed to have learned that Chris was a serious threat, and that he couldn't fool around - he didn't do much, and Chris got a knockdown.

Silva was gaining the momentum in the first fight. He would have won by UD had no that fluke KO happened. Romero or Rockhold should have been the guys to beat him

Anderson was intimidated by the Chris while the reverse was not true. Chris said during staredowns that he wasnt afraid of him. That made a difference. I think he had champion fatigue like GSP too. Seemed relieved to lose. Part two was just brutal. Mic check, one, two.

Agree...he didn't even want the rematch. But Dana insisted on it. Even now, it doesn't seem Anderson is really all the interested in winning. He just seems ok with fighting and whatever happens happens.

Even the greatest have to lose sometimes.

He beat pre-USADA Spider twice... that's even scarier to consider.

Lol at the deluded Anderoid nuthuggers. Anderson had nothing for Chris in both fights

He got dropped in both fights serious and not serious and matrix and non-matrix and was out grappled and out clinched and out struck and...

... nevermind. Anderson fans. It is pointless.

Chris was overrated for beating old Silva but he was quite good.

Shame about that neck surgery. Not the same post surgery imo.

And he has been fighting Nothing but killers.
Yes, but that’s why he needs quick hands to see the belt again

He got dropped in both fights serious and not serious and matrix and non-matrix and was out grappled and out clinched and out struck and...

... nevermind. Anderson fans. It is pointless.
Did you read the whole thread?

Pre-USADA Weidman was a BEAST. Post-USADA Weidman brings up a lot of questions about pre-USADA Weidman.

Back