I just wrote my car off

It's looking that way. I'm covered to 25k for the damages to the car I hit and they were able to drive it so hopefully that will cover it. Gosh knows how much I'll get for it though, it's relatively low mileage but I don't know if they'll take that into account or not.

You only had 25K property damage liability insurance? That's crazy. Many cars cost more than that. My policy covers up to $500,000 property damage and I have an additional $1 million umbrella liability policy.

How much bodily injury coverage do you have? It doesn't take much to get to $100,000 in medical expenses.

It's looking that way. I'm covered to 25k for the damages to the car I hit and they were able to drive it so hopefully that will cover it. Gosh knows how much I'll get for it though, it's relatively low mileage but I don't know if they'll take that into account or not.

Low mileage is definitely a factor in the vehicle value. It is very difficult to find low mileage vehicles for sale.

If they don’t specifically mention additional money for low mileage it’s something to write down and bring up during the negotiation process

I used to think this but then I realized it depends on the insurance company you have. I have state farm and they overpaid for my last car that was totaled. I was shocked at how much they gave me. I looked up the blubook value and they gave me what would be considered perfect condition for my car and low miles neither of which was true for my car. I had enough to pay off my car and an extra $9000.
Damn, that worked out nice for you. I've had it happen twice. The first time i was a teenager and my old man got involved and showed up hammered to a meeting with the evaluator. I think eventually the guy just paid him more to go away. The second time i was a lot older and i just got tired of it and left that insurance company.

Like a quarter of it is completely fucked, thankfully not the side I was driving in...much to the dismay of many of you I'm sure. The axel is completely buggered.
It's a 2014 Ford Fusion I bought from new at around 26k. What happens in these situations if it's a write off? Do you get any money back at all?

Holy shit. Glad you’re OK Cuffs. Be careful out there

Yeah I know the feeling, take your time. But when you can, take a drive with hubby.
Let him drive, and when you feel, drive your self. It can take time, but you will get back.
And you survived to live another day, so in that regard it was a good day.

This from my accident, I am in the "right /back" getting worked on.
They cut the roof to get me out of the car.

View attachment 882098
Wow, they've got the same number crew working on you as on the passenger's side door.

Glad you bounced back, hope the door was ok too

Reactions: Isa
I think I've only had 2 cars I haven't had accidents in and I've had a lot of cars. I guess I'm pretty distracted too :D

sounds like you are a burden on the insurance industry, and potentially the health care system. You might need a break from some rights and freedoms. #AllInThisTogether.

The Insurance company will give you book value. They choose the book they use. Should be some money in there for you. As long as you are OK, any material item can be replaced. In the next few days monitor your back and neck, sometimes accidents take a few days to manifest. I suggest doing some nude stretches. Maybe film it, im no expert back doctor, but I'll take a look.
So, Geico have been brilliant. I'm getting $15,300 back next week some time.

I did take 3 days off work, some pain came along eventually in my right rib, not excruciating pain, just couldn't lift anything heavy. I'm not complaining though, that was the only injury I sustained and it saved my life. Read that Ford recalled millions of their airbags so that's why mine didn't go off I guess.

And lol @ nude stretches, you actually get dressed when you do them?

Is this the car that your husband just got you not that long ago?

DishonestFaintClumber-size_restricted.gif
image.png

1.I've gone and fucked it up,
2.I feel bad for my husband, he really liked that car.

1. Eamon will be happy you ain't too badly fucked up.
2. No matter how much he really liked that car he likes you more..

1. Eamon will be happy you ain't too badly fucked up.
2. No matter how much he really liked that car he likes you more..
He had tears in his eyes when he arrived and saw the damage, I don't think he's ever hugged me so hard. And you'll be glad to hear I stayed at home again, lol. It's been fun looking at cars online today, every cloud and all that.

@Isa I'm not well enough to drive yet but he took me out today where I had the accident, and I was fine looking at it. Not sure how I'm going to be on my own, but hey-ho.

He had tears in his eyes when he arrived and saw the damage, I don't think he's ever hugged me so hard. And you'll be glad to hear I stayed at home again, lol. It's been fun looking at cars online today, every cloud and all that.

@Isa I'm not well enough to drive yet but he took me out today where I had the accident, and I was fine looking at it. Not sure how I'm going to be on my own, but hey-ho.
In the Yay Area you got to keep a long follow distance and look 8 times at intersections.

Shit cray.

@Graves The Elder can prob confirm too

In the Yay Area you got to keep a long follow distance and look 8 times at intersections.

Shit cray.

@Graves The Elder can prob confirm too
Did Binky has a crash? Hope you're mending, Lulu.
Yea, Cali drivers suck ass.
I'm so used to driving on the track, that my street driving is off the charts as far as predicting what fools are gonna do.
I'm very comfortable being very close to other vehicles at speed.
Thought you had a Mini, Louise?

Back