I just wrote my car off

lol well at least you can be honest with yourself. I always tell people I'm a horrible driver also. Don't know what it is I'm just easily distracted.
I think I've only had 2 cars I haven't had accidents in and I've had a lot of cars. I guess I'm pretty distracted too :D

My goodness!! You're lucky to be with us still. That looks awful.

Car flipped 360 landed on the tires. When it landed it said CRACK and I knew my back was broken.
I was spitting glass and awake the whole time.
Was an experience for sure. Not something I wanna do again.

So yeah I understand what you are going through and how you feel. :)
And I also know how it can mess with you.

Fiddling with the stereo, made the same mistake years ago and ended up going the wrong way roundabout with 3 lanes coming towards me. I am the absolute stereotype of women drivers.

Well at least you're here to talk about it and not too hurt. Cars can be replaced.

Car flipped 360 landed on the tires. When it landed it said CRACK and I knew my back was broken.
I was spitting glass and awake the whole time.
Was an experience for sure. Not something I wanna do again.

So yeah I understand what you are going through and how you feel. :)
And I also know how it can mess with you.
It's pretty amazing you were only in hospital for 10 days after breaking your back, have you got lots of metalwork in there now?

Reactions: Isa
It's pretty amazing you were only in hospital for 10 days after breaking your back, have you got lots of metalwork in there now?

Nope, the break was not that bad. It was not a what do you call it total break through. Clean break?
It just took a long time to heal. Even years after I could still feel it.
Worst part is I live on 4 floor with no elevator..
Getting up and down on crutches was hell.
And getting in and out of bed took a long time, got a motor thingy installed that helped me sit up in bed at home.

Good times good time.
I am very thankful it healed well and I dont have any issues today.
I did stop train BJJ after that, I never got the mental back and I felt like rolling around on the floor could fuck me up.

Nope, the break was not that bad. It was not a what do you call it total break through. Clean break?
It just took a long time to heal. Even years after I could still feel it.
Worst part is I live on 4 floor with no elevator..
Getting up and down on crutches was hell.
And getting in and out of bed took a long time, got a motor thingy installed that helped me sit up in bed at home.

Good times good time.
I am very thankful it healed well and I dont have any issues today.
I did stop train BJJ after that, I never got the mental back and I felt like rolling around on the floor could fuck me up.
Yeah I can see that, I would be constantly thinking about damaging it again which would take the enjoyment out of it, what a shame though that it affected that. And I would be useless on crutches, I'm clumsy with stairs as it is.

Reactions: Isa
I would, but I need new tires on my Mini, which is why I was driving the Fusion. I'm not safe to drive yet, I'm really shaky and while not in unbearable pain, the right side of my ribs are sore and the Mini is so low to the ground it's a really bumpy ride. If husband manages to get the tires sorted at some point today and picks up a rental I'll drive it into work tomorrow, because I agree, I've lost a lot of confidence driving since moving to CA as it is, I can't lose more.

Sorry you were in hospital, dang.

I was going to say I thought you had a Mini.

So lets have the scoop on how you crashed.

I did a proper number on it, I'm lucky I've just got sore ribs and shock.

I was going to say I thought you had a Mini.

So lets have the scoop on how you crashed.
Fiddling around with the stereo, if I'd been in the Mini it wouldn't have happened, I use Spotify in that. It was only a ten minute journey dammit.

Like a quarter of it is completely fucked, thankfully not the side I was driving in...much to the dismay of many of you I'm sure. The axel is completely buggered.
It's a 2014 Ford Fusion I bought from new at around 26k. What happens in these situations if it's a write off? Do you get any money back at all?
Here in Canada it's better for your car to be totalled than for it to be repairable.

If it's totalled, your insurer has to compensate you for the fair market value of the car. Usually it's pretty easy to find comparable vehicles online so it's hard for them to lowball you.

By contrast, if it isn't a writeoff, the insurer is only obligated to pay for the cost to repair your vehicle. The problem is that you receive zero compensation for the depreciation your vehicle suffers from having been in the accident.

Fiddling with the stereo, made the same mistake years ago and ended up going the wrong way roundabout with 3 lanes coming towards me. I am the absolute stereotype of women drivers.
Lovely....

Like a quarter of it is completely fucked, thankfully not the side I was driving in...much to the dismay of many of you I'm sure. The axel is completely buggered.
It's a 2014 Ford Fusion I bought from new at around 26k. What happens in these situations if it's a write off? Do you get any money back at all?
2018 I was hit my a driver who went through a red light insurance basically paid off the car that was totalled and then my BF got a new car with the same monthly payments. I feel like you may get whatever the current market price would be on a 2014 Ford and have to pay the rest for new car?

Yikes! Hope you're ok. Insurance should pay out because you most likely have full coverage if you bought new.

2018 I was hit my a driver who went through a red light insurance basically paid off the car that was totalled and then my BF got a new car with the same monthly payments. I feel like you may get whatever the current market price would be on a 2014 Ford and have to pay the rest for new car?
It's looking that way. I'm covered to 25k for the damages to the car I hit and they were able to drive it so hopefully that will cover it. Gosh knows how much I'll get for it though, it's relatively low mileage but I don't know if they'll take that into account or not.

It's looking that way. I'm covered to 25k for the damages to the car I hit and they were able to drive it so hopefully that will cover it. Gosh knows how much I'll get for it though, it's relatively low mileage but I don't know if they'll take that into account or not.
I honestly don’t know, I was the passenger and it wasn’t my car. I didn’t have to answer any questions or deal with insurance, I just dealt with insurance for the physio and if I wanted to sue or not.

I honestly don’t know, I was the passenger and it wasn’t my car. I didn’t have to answer any questions or deal with insurance, I just dealt with insurance for the physio and if I wanted to sue or not.
And did you?

Back