I have never seen this level of obsessive hate towards any MMA fighter besides Ronda

Well, true.
But IMHO most haters have nothing to do with gender or color.
There are obviously a few on every crowd, but to claim this is the main reason is asinine at best.

I mean, it's not like they don't provide plenty of reasons already...

I agree with you on the racial one, I think that card is way overplayed.

But a chick is different, there's never been anything like this (on this level) in combat sports history. This is new ground, world-culturally. So she's getting extra scrutinized. Comes with the gig, being on top. It is what it is.

But hey, she's also megarich, in good health, and accomplishing her dreams. Not gonna cry about it too hard.

Get off the sherdog forum and go to an actual UFC event or weigh in and see how much she's hated. At UFC 187, there was a bigger crowd reaction for her just walking into the building than there was for the fights.

This is complicated. The problem really is like when Anderson beat people too easily... she's so good she actually makes WMMA look bad. You tune in to see her demolish each opponent with no effort at all ... you know? If she wasn't around there would actually be fun and competetive fights each time there's a title match!

You just get to the point where it's like "Aw crap who is she going to embarrass next fight" ....

Last edited:
Pathetic that it really is because she's a woman.

TBH i believe most are annoyed by the nonsense huge mainstream attention she is getting, wich is because she's a woman

This plus UFC shitty hype machine

Ronda as athlete itself is good

I haven't bothered caring much either way tbh.

But at this point, after all the controversial things she's said & done, it's getting to the point where claiming that "all this hate is due to her being a woman" is a glaring sign of a major reverse sexist.

This is complicated. The problem really is like when Anderson beat people too easily... she's so good she actually makes WMMA look bad. You tune in to see her demolish each opponent with no effort at all ... you know? If she wasn't around there would actually be fun and competetive fights each time there's a title match!

This, I don't mind wmma but I don't care for a main event that I already know the outcome and it's going to be over in less than 5 minutes. If I really wanted to see "sweet throws" I'd watch a YouTube compilation.

I seem to remember Brock getting this type of attention. On the one hand you had people who treated him like the golden saviour of MMA, the messiah come from amateur and pro wrestling to deliver the "new breed" to a sport of sub-par athletes... On the other hand, there were people who without exception saw him as a fighter who was given a gift wrapped title shot in a very weak division, and it was a red flag that he was featured in GOAT discussions after only a few fights, beating a bunch of old guys and part timers. They actually have the "weak division" part in common and a lot of their similar attention stems from this common factor.

I don't think what we're seeing with Ronda is unique, thought it might be exacerbated by how weak the competition she faces is paired with her being such a media darling. Female fighters had some degree of prominence before - Gina and Cyborg - and I don't remember there being a general reaction of such negativity. With this being the case, I don't think that the "She's a woman, so she gets hated on" is the primary reason for how much negativity she gets. Rather, it's a combination of A) she's a loud personality, a frequent braggart and calls out people she has no intention of facing, and B) she's being crammed down the community's throats and being proclaimed in contention for GOAT standing with a very questionable case for it. Also, C), yes, some people just can't get over a successful woman fighter - but I don't see this as being the driving force behind the phenomenon.

The fact that if someone criticizes her for other reasons the cry of "SEXISM!" follows soon afterwards doesn't help. It's like Hillary Clinton... Criticize her for being a lying, no good sleazeball and someone will say "Oh, you just don't like her because she's a woman..." Ronda gets the same crap and she beats part timers and brags about beating fighter in other fighters and proclaims she could beat heavyweights and people say she's the greatest fighter of all time etc etc... This type of thing does NOT endear a fighter to people.

Last edited:
Ronda is a great fighter. They just haven't done a very good job cultivating other talented females. Nobody else is going to be on prime time talk shows, magazine covers, and making millions, so why bother trying to become a women's champ?

No male gets that kind of exposure so why bother trying to become a male champ?

It's far outweighed by the amount of adulation and love towards her, though. She doesn't read forums (maybe the UG, but certainly not this one) or check her Twitter mentions so she probably never even sees any of this 'hate'. 99% of the media coverage (both mainstream and MMA) is positive. But anyway, she's happy as long as she's cared about and talked about. 'Love me, hate me just debate me'. Is normal.

This is complicated. The problem really is like when Anderson beat people too easily... she's so good she actually makes WMMA look bad.

Or WMMA is so bad that make Ronda look Anderson-like good

Please don't compare current WMMA joke division to the male MW, like never again

Post like this are why peoples don't like Ronda's hype

That's because she earned it by talking so much shit

This right hurr.

I used to be a big fan of Ronda and was pretty ecstatic when the UFC opened up a WMMA weight-class. However her mouth has turned me off as a fan. I don't hate her because she is a great fighter and her popularity is helping to bring more attention to the sport. I'm just indifferent to her.

I still don't know how in a sport of people beating each other up, knocking each other out, and breaking each others limbs, there can still be so many pussies surrounding it. Every fighter has people that don't like them, the more popular you get the more eyes you are going to have on you, man or woman that just leaves more and more of a possibility that people won't like you. You make it like Ronda is some humble patron saint who has never done anything wrong in her life. What in your mind would be valid criticism? If someone likes or dislikes a fighter, I don't really care.

What I don't like is when people tell me how to think, the growing number of pc pushovers that think everything is an insult, and everything must be because someone is black, or a woman, or fat. Maybe someone just doesn't like someone? Just because racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted people exist, doesn't mean all criticism or negativity should be lumped into that. Are you aware some people are just assholes? You know how many trolls go on to websites because it's anonymous to say something even if they don't believe it? Sometimes they just play the roll of devil's advocate.

People are so stupid and sensitive nowadays. People think you either have to be this obnoxious control freak who censors everyone or everything, and if you don't agree with that you must be some racist, sexist, gay bashing piece of shit who power bombs children through tables in his spare time.

PC People piss me off just as much as racist and sexist people. All of you just need to shut up so the majority, the regular, rational people can just have a decent discussion without it being diluted with all this stupid bullshit.

I am 99.9% sure it's entirely because she is a woman. People defend Jon Jones regularly and he injured a freaking pregnant woman.

Don't these people have sisters, mothers, daughters, wives etc.

WTF!

They are a bunch of insecure men because Ronda can whip their fat asses.

People will make their own minds up whether or not they like a fighter

We dont want them shoved down our throat like they're doing with Honda

One sure fire way to get peoples backs up and make them hate

Add in her embarrassing desperate Mayweather BS and its no surprise she gets plenty hate

That's debatable.

However, the fact that it's even close, means there is definitely some anti-woman shit going on, since one of them may have an 'attitude' some people don't like & maybe poor taste in men, while the other one hits pregnant women with his car & runs away.
Yeah, that was an incident involving one (singular) woman who happened to be pregnant.

How about you get your facts right, Mr. Moderator?

And I've never seen a fighter so undeserving of her praises, and so arrogant in her claims than Ron The Feminazi. Let alone the fact that she'll most likely end up being recuperated (which is already the case) by the politics. Yes, she's everything wrong in this world, not just in the UFC. Oh, and she's hypocrite as fuck, go spit on Mayweather more, you fucking fraud.

Couple of questions for TS:

1) What Ronda bashing threads/posts are you seeing that mods are ignoring?

2) If there are in fact threads/posts that are crossing the line (which with a forum this large I'm sure there are plenty that go unseen) are you reporting them?

They are a bunch of insecure men because Ronda can whip their fat asses.

wGyzGlr.jpg

Back