I have never seen this level of obsessive hate towards any MMA fighter besides Ronda

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by TrumanBurbank, Aug 29, 2015.

1. TrumanBurbank

TrumanBurbank Green Belt

I am 99.9% sure it's entirely because she is a woman. People defend Jon Jones regularly and he injured a freaking pregnant woman.

Don't these people have sisters, mothers, daughters, wives etc.

WTF!

2. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

Jon gets as much hate as Ronda.
    You just defend Ronda because most whiteknights don't defend men :redface:

3. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

Part of it might be that she's a woman but a lot of it is her personality.

4. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

it doesnt really help when she says stupid shit like i make more than mayweather and bla bla bla

although it helps drawing attention to her, what she says from time to time is pretty dumb

5. Tooth and Nail

Tooth and Nail Forever Brocktober

Pathetic that it really is because she's a woman.

6. Peteyandjia

Peteyandjia Saku Spring Staff Member Forum Administrator

That's debatable.

However, the fact that it's even close, means there is definitely some anti-woman shit going on, since one of them may have an 'attitude' some people don't like & maybe poor taste in men, while the other one hits pregnant women with his car & runs away.

7. Cindynice420

Cindynice420 Purple Belt

Well there's Josh koscheck
    Man people hated that guy
    I thought he was funny

8. CostumedExtrmst

CostumedExtrmst Banned Banned

That's still no reason for some mods, regardless of your defense, to look the other way on fighter bashing, when it comes to Jones. Not sure why some of these people are so desperate to become mods if they're not going to do their job. I'm far from the only one to bring this up. So some of you guys are either incompetent, or willfully obtuse.

9. Socialhandgrenade

Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

You're wrong, Colonel Sanders!

Yeah the hatred is pretty deep I have to admit. I personally think most of the hate is on sherdog - people who don't follow the media aren't subjected to stupid threads (from Rhonda fans and haters). The only time I get irritated is the constant Rhonda versus this guy etc threads.

If we didn't go on forums we probably would have accepted wmma much quicker

10. UnTrust

UnTrust Brown Belt

There is some anti-women in mma attitudes.....but I personally like a lot of women fighters. I do detest Ronda however because of her personality and I think that's why most people do.

It's a no brainer really :redface:

11. Proper Kent

Proper Kent King of Oceania

Phil Brooks gets more hate than Ronda imo.

12. Mr. Death

Mr. Death คนตายแล้ว

Sure, some of it is because she is a woman in a "man's" sport. I like Ronda, but she does say a lot of stupid shit.

13. Peteyandjia

Peteyandjia Saku Spring Staff Member Forum Administrator

To some extent: Yeah, it kinda is.

That said: We delete a lot of anti-Jones threads. Believe me. I personally do it pretty regularly, and I'm not a fan of the guy. A few other mods, are fans of his. We try to put our personal bullshit aside when it comes to defending fighters on here.

There is a bit of 'you made your own bed' when it comes to shit you do in life though, like when it's as serious as a hit & run on a pregnant woman. I'm not going to dub or ban someone for being angry in a post about that. But when someone makes a thread like "Jon Jones is a horrible person", I delete it.

14. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

Not a fan of Conor but when he talks trash, I know he will have to prove himself against, Aldo, mendes, Frankie etc. when Ronda talks trash I know there's a bjj blue belt out there just around the corner waiting to fight her.

15. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

I disagree.
    I dislike people who do things I frown upon.

From Jon's admitted fighting style, to his choice of recreational crap, added with "Zuffa signed me because i am a role model and won't get drunk & drive my car" attittude makes me not like him.

But the disrespect of Sonnen is the same as I don't like for Ronda.
    Plus the fact she speaks asinine things like "I could beat Cain or "any BJJ practitioner, under BJJ rules, Gi or No-Gi" and then shy away from proving it.....

Bottom line is, there are many, many reasons to dislike both of them.

The fact she is a woman or that Jon is african-american is irrelevant.

People trying to pull these cards are the real people who tries to justify they can act any way they want, and if someone does not like them then they pull the race/gender card.

Wake up. Check the individual. If there wouldn't be that many reasons to hate them, then race or gender might play a part.
    but with those two? I am sorry. there are plenty of reasons. Turning a blind eye towards them and justifying as a gender or color reason? Dumb.

16. $uicideboy$

$uicideboy$ ROPE GANG Banned

the hates she gets is just to balance out all the undeserved praise she gets

17. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

Nah, nothing to do with being a woman.

Some fans don't want to see WMMA on a UFC card and haven't gotten over that it's here to stay.
    Some fans resent the amount of publicity push the UFC invested in Ronda, and that they started this division just for her.

I think that the UFC has set things up (monetarily) so that only Ronda has proper incentive to be #1.
    She was hyped beyond belief even before women's BW started in the UFC. She has been compensated with a huge salary. But comparable women's talent would have to 'work their way up' by being paid peanuts, would have to put in years of rising the ranks, to even reach where Ronda is.
    Look at it this way. If the UFC suddenly created a female FW division, and only invited one high level fighter for HUGE money and big publicity, but paid everyone else very little, that one person would sit on top and look like a 'once in a lifetime athlete'.

Ronda is a great fighter. They just haven't done a very good job cultivating other talented females. Nobody else is going to be on prime time talk shows, magazine covers, and making millions, so why bother trying to become a women's champ?

18. VulcanNervPinch

VulcanNervPinch Silver Belt

There's some legit reasons for people not to like her.

However, misrepresenting what she said and then calling it false, when what she actually said is probably true, isn't one of them.

19. Fox by the Sea

Fox by the Sea Lighthouse keeper Platinum Member

just watch her fights and don't visit sherdog.

as a fedor fan i know that is what i will do after he comes to the ufc and gets ko'd.

20. glennrod

glennrod Just like mountain, ya paying your dues

That's because she earned it by talking so much shit