I have never seen this level of obsessive hate towards any MMA fighter besides Ronda

Yeah, but that works both ways. You think she would be as popular as she is, if she wasn't a woman?

It works both ways. I'm on a gaming forum and they go absolutely nuts over Ronda Rousey, that never happened when a dominant male athlete was around.

Surely there are some people that hate her because she's a woman. But I think the majority of the people have legitimate reasons to not like her. She's given plenty of reasons to anyway.

I get it, you don't like to be called out. Need I remind you that Tyson raped a woman and bit a guy's ear off on live TV? You definitely went full retard here.

Keep talking though, it shows your stance on convicted rapists for everyone to see.

Mike Tyson does have some redeeming qualities at least, Charles Manson to my knowledge not so much.

I get it, you don't like to be called out. Need I remind you that Tyson raped a woman and bit a guy's ear off on live TV? You definitely went full retard here.

Keep talking though, it shows your stance on convicted rapists for everyone to see.

The ear part is true, the rape part is highly questionable.

And drop the act, who cares that I'm a mod. You're not some hero, standing up to the man. We are two dipshits talking on the internet with different colored usernames.

Lmao, I love it when people give legitimate reasons to not like her, and the white-knights try and tell them that it's for another reason.

I.E. "I don't like her attitude and her outlandish claims". "Nah, man, ur h8r cos shes a womyn"

Kind of like this response I got.....

Originally Posted by VulcanNervPinch View Post
You completely ignoring the example I quoted and was referring to says a lot, I suspect
:rolleyes:

To this....

Nothing has really been misrepresented. She said she could beat Cain "under the right circumstances." Under what circumstances would that be? A Cain with both arms tied behind his back and with both legs shackled together? Or would it be a Cain that just got zapped by the shrink ray in 'Honey I Shrunk The Kids'? It was simply a stupid as fuck statement and you can't say people misrepresented it......or any of the other ridiculous things that she says!

*facepalming

Comparing Charles Manson to Mike Tyson is the thing that is questionable.

In the sense of they are both people with pretty bad crimes to their name who are at *best* questionable people, the comparison is a reasonable one - it's just an issue of degree. I think the degree is far too extreme to make it a great comparison.

On the other hand, Mayweather's woman beating is a hot button issue right now to the extent where I saw feminists, white knights, and social justice types cannibalizing the then hot-item Ruby Rose for taking a selfie with him in the picture. As in, him hitting a woman was just so horrible that simply taking a picture with him made one subject to moral censure from the self righteous crowd. The idea that people are criticized simply for who they look up to is in *no* way a fiction. Someone could look up to Mayweather and all that a lot of people would say "What, that woman beater? You disgust me." If, at this point, you say "I really want to be like Hulk Hogan" you'd get a significant number of people who would respond with "Why? Don't you know he's used the N word?" Imagine if someone went so far as to publicly say "Jared from Subway inspired me!".... That's a statement fit to end careers at this point.

Everybody gets blasted in this "guilt by association" kind of way, and you are worthy of moral censure for who you admire these days. Ronda shouldn't be excluded from this and someone calling her for claiming all sorts of feminist ideals while looking up to Tyson and dating an argued woman beater is - or at least should be - fair game. Everyone else deals with this type of standard - why hold her to a different one?

Yeah, but that works both ways. You think she would be as popular as she is, if she wasn't a woman?

It works both ways. I'm on a gaming forum and they go absolutely nuts over Ronda Rousey, that never happened when a dominant male athlete was around.

True.

wGyzGlr.jpg

Lol, priceless :icon_chee

Maybe there is a small amount of haters that hate her because she is a woman, but I think they are a tiny minority.
Most people love JJ, I don't see too many people complain about her.
Ronda says and does some things that people do not like.

In the sense of they are both people with pretty bad crimes to their name who are at *best* questionable people

Lol, Manson isn't "questionable". He's a known fact psychopathic murderer. And comparing one shady he said/she said rape case, to ordering a mass murder, is absurd. Not worth anyone's time.

The ear part is true, the rape part is highly questionable.

And drop the act, who cares that I'm a mod. You're not some hero, standing up to the man. We are two dipshits talking on the internet with different colored usernames.

Ok, the comparison was not between Manson and Tyson. Manson was the guy I brought up for effect.

You said you don't judge people (Ronda) by who they hang out with (Tyson). But certainly you would judge someone else for hanging out with some other random lunatic. The whole point is that for some reason people have created this double standard for Ronda that it's ok for her but nobody else. I just don't get it.

Lol, Manson isn't "questionable". He's a known fact psychopathic murderer. And comparing one shady he said/she said rape case, to ordering a mass murder, is absurd. Not worth anyone's time.

"I think the degree is far too extreme to make it a great comparison."

You cut out the part where I agree that it's not a reasonable comparison, then cut out the rest of the post where I point other actual reasonable comparisons. As you like it - no point responding when you just cut out most of the post and cherry pick the one part which suits your position.

it doesnt really help when she says stupid shit like i make more than mayweather and bla bla bla

although it helps drawing attention to her, what she says from time to time is pretty dumb

When a 135 pound fighter, man OR woman, says she can beat arguably the greatest P4P boxer in the history of boxing, along with some other things, it's hard not to hate on her. Nothing to do with her being a woman and more with how she acts and what she says.

Could make a similar thread titled 'I have never seen this level of obsessive LOVE towards any MMA fighter besides Ronda'.

Seriously, she's getting by far the most mainstream exposure of any UFC fighter ever, and a lot of that is because she's a woman. I think that should help her sleep at night even though there are a bunch of shertards calling her a bitch and whatnot.

You said you don't judge people (Ronda) by who they hang out with (Tyson).

Depends on the situation, I don't think it's a good thing to make a hard rule about either way. It's hard to judge people fairly sometimes. Not every case is simple.

But certainly you would judge someone else for hanging out with some other random lunatic.

Yeah, if they are a psychopathic murderer or something, because that's different.

If I really thought Tyson was a rapist I would think way less of him. But having seen how shady that case was, I don't feel comfortable writing him off like that.

When a 135 pound fighter, man OR woman, says she can beat arguably the greatest P4P boxer in the history of boxing, along with some other things, it's hard not to hate on her. Nothing to do with her being a woman and more with how she acts and what she says.

Hrm... Got a quote for her saying she could beat Mayweather at boxing? I know she's been going on about an MMA match, but I have trouble believing even Ronda would make the claim she could beat him at boxing, of all things. Though, it does become easier to make such claims when one knows you'll never have to back them up.

"I think the degree is far too extreme to make it a great comparison."

You cut out the part where I agree that it's not a reasonable comparison, then cut out the rest of the post where I point other actual reasonable comparisons. As you like it - no point responding when you just cut out most of the post and cherry pick the one part which suits your position.

No offense, it's just that I disagree with the foundation of the rest of your post. Some crimes are way worse than others, some cases are way more questionable than others. I don't think they should all be reacted to with the same standard.

No doubt there is a lot of Ronda hate around here. It's driven by a lot of things.

Dislike/hate for WMMA.

Envy of her crazy success and the belief, right or wrong, that much of it is undeserved or based on something illegitimate.

The belief that she is not facing legitimate competition or the best competition.

The fact that it's all being crammed down our collective throats.

The relentless hype and wild assertions about her beating or being better P4P than men, including Cain and Mayweather.

Her hyper-competitiveness and how she has behaved towards some of her opponents.

I'm sure there are more if I thought about it. All of these are debatable, but lets face it, there are more reasons to dislike Ronda than just about any other fighter.

Depends on the situation, I don't think it's a good thing to make a hard rule about either way. It's hard to judge people fairly sometimes. Not every case is simple.

Yeah, if they are a psychopathic murderer or something, because that's different.

If I really thought Tyson was a rapist I would think way less of him. But having seen how shady that case was, I don't feel comfortable writing him off like that.

Well, you have kind of changed your stance here haha. But, I do agree with you that it is not always so simple to judge someone by their company. However, weather you agree with Tyson's conviction or not, the judge certainly thought the evidence was good enough.

I just find it odd that people are ok with her championing how awesome Tyson is while bashing women beaters in her next breath. Plus, there are the stories from Tyson's old managers about him tricking old women by carrying their bags and then maliciously beating and robbing them. The whole situation just seems very strange to me.

Back