I have never seen this level of obsessive hate towards any MMA fighter besides Ronda

I like a lot of the women fighters. Ronda simply is just trashy. If you had a "Who said it?" quiz of quotes of Ronda and a whiny 13 year old with emotional issues, you'd get half the answers wrong.

people hate mcgregor and jones on here a hell of a lot more than ronda.

white knight gonna white knight.

To some extent: Yeah, it kinda is.

That said: We delete a lot of anti-Jones threads. Believe me. I personally do it pretty regularly, and I'm not a fan of the guy. A few other mods, are fans of his. We try to put our personal bullshit aside when it comes to defending fighters on here.

There is a bit of 'you made your own bed' when it comes to shit you do in life though, like when it's as serious as a hit & run on a pregnant woman. I'm not going to dub or ban someone for being angry in a post about that. But when someone makes a thread like "Jon Jones is a horrible person", I delete it.

Or, you guys could just man up and say, 'some of us have zero problem with Jones being fighter bashed, because we don't like him. Period.' Jones was being fighter bashed far before any of his legal troubles. It started before he won that belt, and escalated after that. I love how all of you try to use his legal troubles as a smokescreen to defend the nonsense when he was being bashed long before that. Not much was done about it then either. Let's face it. This place isn't as complex as you try to make it. There are rules that don't apply to people that bash certain fighters for whatever reason. I suspect the actual reasons are pretty disgusting too, and so do others. I'm leaving it at that, because all one of you will do is ban me for pointing out the lack of professionalism here.

I disagree.
I dislike people who do things I frown upon.

From Jon's admitted fighting style, to his choice of recreational crap, added with "Zuffa signed me because i am a role model and won't get drunk & drive my car" attittude makes me not like him.

But the disrespect of Sonnen is the same as I don't like for Ronda.
Plus the fact she speaks asinine things like "I could beat Cain or "any BJJ practitioner, under BJJ rules, Gi or No-Gi" and then shy away from proving it.....

Bottom line is, there are many, many reasons to dislike both of them.

The fact she is a woman or that Jon is african-american is irrelevant.

People trying to pull these cards are the real people who tries to justify they can act any way they want, and if someone does not like them then they pull the race/gender card.

Wake up. Check the individual. If there wouldn't be that many reasons to hate them, then race or gender might play a part.
but with those two? I am sorry. there are plenty of reasons. Turning a blind eye towards them and justifying as a gender or color reason? Dumb.

I'm not saying all the haters are anti-woman, or that they all have the same reasons. I know everyone's different and entitled to their own opinions.

There's some legit reasons for people not to like her.

However, misrepresenting what she said and then calling it false, when what she actually said is probably true, isn't one of them.

Nothing has really been misrepresented. She said she could beat Cain "under the right circumstances." Under what circumstances would that be? A Cain with both arms tied behind his back and with both legs shackled together? Or would it be a Cain that just got zapped by the shrink ray in 'Honey I Shrunk The Kids'? It was simply a stupid as fuck statement and you can't say people misrepresented it......or any of the other ridiculous things that she says!

They both suck and are pathetic humans I dislike them as much as I dislike Timmeh maybe more. Atleast Timmeh didnt cut weight and fight people smaller than him or poke peoples eyes out.

Or, you guys could just man up and say, 'some of us have zero problem with Jones being fighter bashed, because we don't like him. Period.'

That wouldn't be the truth though. Honestly, I hope he gets his shit together. He's still a human being.

Back when his cocaine results came out, I argued to the other mods that we should delete everything pertaining to that. Because the NSAC had no right to release those results, and they weren't even supposed to test him for cocaine in that test, they fucked up the paperwork. It was just supposed to be a test for traditional PEDs. Anyways, I didn't win that argument. My point is, even though I disagree with a lot of the shit he's done - even way before the accident - Jones is still a human being. When someone posts something over the line, I delete it. The only argument is where that line is.

I am 99.9% sure it's entirely because she is a woman. People defend Jon Jones regularly and he injured a freaking pregnant woman.

Don't these people have sisters, mothers, daughters, wives etc.

WTF!

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, and it seems many many others, the hate really started on rousey, when she started talking about fighting men. Well, Dana and rogan mentioned it, then she followed through. Saying how she can beat cain, under the right circumstances. or beat mayweather, and actually having some people believe that nonsense.

It's one thing to be confident, but i bet even conor would admit he can't beat Jones or Werdum. Ronda's delusional thinking is what turned me against her.

A woman with confidence is great, but too much, isn't a good thing for a woman. Especially when it's utter nonsense.

This "because she's a women" shit is a cop out imo. Is there a percentage of ass backwards men who dislike her because she's a female? Without a doubt, but let's not pretend that her personality, string of cans she's "fought", hypocritical comments, etc don't play a role as well.

It's a mix of anti-UFC & anti-woman hatred on here.

It's clear from comments of certain posters it's a woman thing. They feel threatened & offended they have to watch women fight & be presented as strong athletes.

The only good thing we can take is that Ronda keeps winning & is a massive star. She's not ever going away & that pisses many keyboard warriors off.

Ronda is definitely the most hated, followed by WMMA in general. I think the haters are all secretly impressed by her though.

Of course she gets the most hate. Many fighters of course have gotten hate, but none were as demeaned and put down as Ronda.

This is a macho sport where a lot of men who are insecure about their masculinity hide out; a lot of people here are threatened by her because she is a woman that is taking over in that world with her popularity. Those of us who have a grip on our masculinity enough to be able to appreciate her athleticism and talent are automatically labeled as "white knighting."

Reality check: she is the world's most dominant and popular MMA champion. Get over it. Go to therapy for your issues with mom.

The hate for Jones is and was 50x worse than anything Ronda related around here. Anybody who says different is a damn liar.

The stuff posted about him was downright cringeworthy and was allowed on the daily.

The stuff about Ronda barely even comes close to what was done concerning Jones.

I'm not saying all the haters are anti-woman, or that they all have the same reasons. I know everyone's different and entitled to their own opinions.

Well, true.
But IMHO most haters have nothing to do with gender or color.
There are obviously a few on every crowd, but to claim this is the main reason is asinine at best.

I mean, it's not like they don't provide plenty of reasons already...

its more about her getting all this media attention plus her (shitty in my opinion) personality which makes jimmies rustled

typical whiteknight to claim she gets hate because of her gender gtfo with that bs, its always the same whenever a woman gets criticized it HAS to be because of her having a vag

People defend rousey regularly despite being quiet as a 145 woman, leaves cyborgs division, mass shit talk ensues.

its more about her getting all this media attention plus her (shitty in my opinion) personality which makes jimmies rustled

typical whiteknight to claim she gets hate because of her gender gtfo with that bs, its always the same whenever a woman gets criticized it HAS to be because of her having a vag
100% accurate!

It's a mix of anti-UFC & anti-woman hatred on here.

It's clear from comments of certain posters it's a woman thing. They feel threatened & offended they have to watch women fight & be presented as strong athletes.

The only good thing we can take is that Ronda keeps winning & is a massive star. She's not ever going away & that pisses many keyboard warriors off.

Most of the woman mma fighters aren't very good athletes, it's part of why a good woman athlete like Ronda shits on her competition in 30 seconds.

I am 99.9% sure it's entirely because she is a woman. People defend Jon Jones regularly and he injured a freaking pregnant woman.

Don't these people have sisters, mothers, daughters, wives etc.

WTF!

GSP got as much (even Rousey said he was bad for MMA, though she still hasn't matched his PPV numbers - still can't figure that out, other than she was upset he beat Diaz - she didn't seem to have any respect for his fighting either, though he was completely dominant at the time). Was the hate for him (including from her) mainly anti-male hate?

And Lesnar got a huge amount of hate.

Jones too of course.

But GSP, Rousey, Lesnar and Jones all have their defenders as well. The hate against all of these (yes, Rousey too) is mainly based on personality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back