I have never seen this level of obsessive hate towards any MMA fighter besides Ronda

It's far outweighed by the amount of adulation and love towards her, though. She doesn't read forums (maybe the UG, but certainly not this one) or check her Twitter mentions so she probably never even sees any of this 'hate'. 99% of the media coverage (both mainstream and MMA) is positive. But anyway, she's happy as long as she's cared about and talked about. 'Love me, hate me just debate me'. Is normal.

While she may not personally read her hate, others do. her friends. I'm sure she is well aware of it. Maybe my hate for her is a bit sexist. i was a big fan of hers awhile back. I loved the way she talked shit. But as soon as she started talking about beating guys, which we all know is total garbage, and no way she can back it up, is what really started me disliking her. Dana and rogan didn't help. The whole thing with mayweather, a guy that has beaten legends, has almost 50 fights, has been fighting for almost 20 years, is being insulted by some female, with 12 lousy fights, fighting secretaries and cooks. Women, only recently have been able to train full time.

Yeah, that was an incident involving one (singular) woman who happened to be pregnant.

How about you get your facts right, Mr. Moderator?

Oh sorry, he only crashed into one pregnant broad.

The other time, he just had two young broads in his car, when he drunkenly crashed it into a telephone pole.

Thank you for setting me straight.

That wouldn't be the truth though. Honestly, I hope he gets his shit together. He's still a human being.

Back when his cocaine results came out, I argued to the other mods that we should delete everything pertaining to that. Because the NSAC had no right to release those results, and they weren't even supposed to test him for cocaine in that test, they fucked up the paperwork. It was just supposed to be a test for traditional PEDs. Anyways, I didn't win that argument. My point is, even though I disagree with a lot of the shit he's done - even way before the accident - Jones is still a human being. When someone posts something over the line, I delete it. The only argument is where that line is.

200_s.gif

Lol. Because she's a woman?
What a joke.
She is in a weak fledgling division where the women have terrible records and she's been shoved down our throats unendingly.

Even then i don't hate her. I just don't like watching wmma and i have the right to choose.

I recall one poster, a while back, making an astute observation about Lesnar and the then very popular Shogun. All I can do is paraphrase, but... "Shogun could break into the house of your average Sherdogger and be holding his family hostage, with Lesnar coming in, stomping Shogun and saving the Sherdogger's family. The Sherdogger's comment on the rescue would likely be 'well, you only beat Shogun because you're bigger.'"

This type of hate is not new - it's just easier for those who oppose that hate, as there has been in each previous instance of maligned popular fighters, to brush off any even deserved hate as sexism.

Ronda is pretty much everywhere in media, over-exposed and more and more people are beginning to realize that she has no real competition. Her gender has nothing to do with me being kinda sick of her and I certainly don't dislike or hate the girl. I think many people are simply sick of the over-marketing and silly hype.

That's debatable.

However, the fact that it's even close, means there is definitely some anti-woman shit going on, since one of them may have an 'attitude' some people don't like & maybe poor taste in men, while the other one hits pregnant women with his car & runs away.

Well to be fair, Ronda looks up to a convicted rapist (Tyson) and is linked to an alleged wife beater (Browne). So it's not like she is a great person either.

Nothing has really been misrepresented. She said she could beat Cain "under the right circumstances." Under what circumstances would that be? A Cain with both arms tied behind his back and with both legs shackled together? Or would it be a Cain that just got zapped by the shrink ray in 'Honey I Shrunk The Kids'? It was simply a stupid as fuck statement and you can't say people misrepresented it......or any of the other ridiculous things that she says!

You completely ignoring the example I quoted and was referring to says a lot, I suspect

Well to be fair, Ronda looks up to a convicted rapist (Tyson) and is linked to an alleged wife beater (Browne). So it's not like she is a great person either.

Meh. I usually don't judge people by proxy. Especially with the Tyson one, the details of that case were very shaky. Browne's ex is also questionable, who knows. Maybe we'll find out if she actually follows through with the charges.

You completely ignoring the example I quoted and was referring to says a lot, I suspect

You didn't give an example in the post I quoted. You made a very vague statement where as I gave an actual example.

Whiteknight much?

Meh. I usually don't judge people by proxy. Especially with the Tyson one, the details of that case were very shaky. Browne's ex is also questionable, who knows. Maybe we'll find out if she actually follows through with the charges.

While I understand your point, we both know it's not true. If I told you I looked up to Charles Manson you would undoubtedly think I'm a nut job with questionable morals. So why not the same standard for Ronda?

the only problem of Ronda are the white knights (they are worse than Connor fans)

While I understand your point, we both know it's not true. If I told you I looked up to Charles Manson you would undoubtedly think I'm a nut job with questionable morals.

Comparing Charles Manson to Mike Tyson is the thing that is questionable.

Lol. Because she's a woman?
What a joke.
She is in a weak fledgling division where the women have terrible records and she's been shoved down our throats unendingly.

Even then i don't hate her. I just don't like watching wmma and i have the right to choose.

This times 100x. Seems like the nuthuggers of WMMA on here are angry people don't like it.

Do you guys also love Womans basketball? I don't watch that shit because the guys are 100 times better. Same for MMA.

She is obviously very talented. But I for one will not spend 60 dollars for a PPV to watch her fight someone who has no top 10 wins. It's a joke.

I do agree some guys on here seem to have woman issues. Calling her ugly. She is actually pretty cute TBH.

A lot of the hate is the natural result of the ridiculous hype that surrounds R3. Whenever such an amount of hype exists, hate naturally follows, as many people grow tired of always hearing the latest inane gossip and stories about one person (let alone all the "greatest human being ever"-nonsense). Moreover, hate multiplies when people suspect that the hype might not be fully justified. In R3's case, there is the obvious problem that her competition is obviously subpar and no matter how good she might actually be, it cannot be fully proven until she beats another woman who fights like a destroyer of worlds until she finally confronts Ronda. When you see Betche hopping through the cage and one minute later you hear Rogan talk about the "greatest human being", who was actually able to defeat that walking lack of athleticism, you inevitably get a sour taste in your mouth. Also, if the UFC always puts Ronda on a pedestal, as for example by placing her fight against HH (who - yet again - has looked extremely unimpressive until now) higher on the card than Lawler/Condit, the feeling of undeserved hype once again intensifies. Finally, the White Knights who defend every borefest of a female fight (oftentimes by employing the same shaming techniques as militant feminism) and try to portray every opponent of Ronda as a highly dangerous athlete put the icing on the cake, as everyone who knows something about MMA can clearly see that Ronda is obviously highly skilled in a lot of respects, but her opponents are mostly on the same level as male amateur fighters with 0-1 records.

P.S.: Holm will get destroyed in the first and the hype machine will continue.

Good job avoiding the argument that you know you lost. Typical coward moderator smh.

You just went full internet retard out of nowhere in the middle of a hafway decent conversation with this post.

Never go full internet retard.

You just went full internet retard out of nowhere in the middle of a hafway decent conversation with this post.

Never go full internet retard.

I get it, you don't like to be called out. Need I remind you that Tyson raped a woman and bit a guy's ear off on live TV? You definitely went full retard here.

Keep talking though, it shows your stance on convicted rapists for everyone to see.

Lmao, I love it when people give legitimate reasons to not like her, and the white-knights try and tell them that it's for another reason.

I.E. "I don't like her attitude and her outlandish claims". "Nah, man, ur h8r cos shes a womyn"

Back