I had my match with team beast black belt, Finally

^ Youre sticking up for a friend, and i respect that.

But you know as well as i do, that guy is in no way close to a BB, and if hes been training even HALF as long as he says he has, he knows it too.

Who knows. There was a thread about SCARS, San shoo, etc...THose guys have to know it's bullshit, right?

Ricky travelled all over playing pro basketball (not nba, but the minor leagues) and was smart enought to experience some cool stuff. I imagine, this same guy, in his peak physical shape would be considerably tougher. Maybe even tough enough that some coach thought it was a good idea to give him a BB. Who knows. Without a ton of experience or a great understanding of the art, or hell, even just a young guy excited to be recognized and promoted, maybe he took the belt without a 2nd thought.

Again, who knows.

But took the belt from WHO? That's the problem here. If he'd been a BB promoted a little too quickly, that's one thing. To lie about it and put other peoples names and reputations through the mud? That's quite another.

I somewhat agree. Good for him for being real but he had to know what a black belt means. Right?

Im still confused?!!??!?!? Is the head instructor Matt a fraud or not? Because why would you claim BB then except a Blue belt and continue to train with a guy who is a fraud?

I mean what is the reasoning and explanataion for him going back down to Blue? Does he still think his coach Matt is a legit BB? Is Matt a legit BB?

:icon_conf

Im still confused?!!??!?!? Is the head instructor Matt a fraud or not? Because why would you claim BB then except a Blue belt and continue to train with a guy who is a fraud?

I mean what is the reasoning and explanataion for him going back down to Blue? Does he still think his coach Matt is a legit BB? Is Matt a legit BB?

:icon_conf

Im kind of confused also but i'll take a stab at it...ricky is the guy who competed against boise. He is a blackbelt. The picture of the guy in the blue belt is not him (according to post on previous page by his friend). Ricky is currently looking for a new place to train because Matt's (alleged fraud) drama is becoming too distracting. Matt is not Ricky's instructor nor did matt promote him. They merely train at the same place. The question still unanswered i "who gave ricky his black belt".

Don't know if matt is a legit black belt or not. Seems like people have already passed judgement though.

I don't know man, sounds like his friend said that was him and he wasn't suprised Ricky is now sporting the Blue. Plus Boise said he is proud of Ricky for doing it.

So im even more confused......

Did I misinterpet something? Clearly the giant Black guy named Ricky was fighting as a Black Belt against Matt Owen. Aka BoiseFireman.

He is now listed as a Blue Belt on Team Beasts website. With a very clear picture of his face, but no pic with a belt.

Now as far as Matt Bravado or whatever the fuck his name is, his BB has yet to be confirmed. He gave some phoney name, and said that guy got his Belt from Royler.

Gracie Humatia AND Royler have been contacted, and both have responded with the same answer of they don't not know who this guy is, nor has he received promotion from Royler, or Gracie Humatia.

At this point, he needs to be dojo stormed, and we can watch either. Boise or his 20 yr old son whip Matt B.'s ass.

I don't know man, sounds like his friend said that was him and he wasn't suprised Ricky is now sporting the Blue. Plus Boise said he is proud of Ricky for doing it.

So im even more confused......

Just reread the last page. You're right, ricky is in the picture (in what looks like a blue belt). How confusing. So people just strap on different belt colors when pressured by people on the internet? Man, why even take a promotion if you are so willing to jump back down 3 levels (assuming ricky is sporting blue)?

Just reread the last page. You're right, ricky is in the picture (in what looks like a blue belt). How confusing. So people just strap on different belt colors when pressured by people on the internet? Man, why even take a promotion if you are so willing to jump back down 3 levels (assuming ricky is sporting blue)?

And what im confused about is if your first BB was not legit, then why accept a Blue from someone who is being called out as a fraud? I don't like it.

I would pay to have my son go against Matt Barvo. I hope he sees this and shows up at the next NWSC tourney in Boise in April. I'll hand him a one hundred bill to get on the mat with my purple belt son
Barvo gave Rick his bb. They had a web page showing them together with them. I think someone is trying to distance themselves. My advice is make a clean break away from Barvo and start new with a real instructor. My humble advice. I have a crisp one hundred, Barvo. Just get on the mat with my boy and it's yours.

I would pay to have my son go against Matt Barvo. I hope he sees this and shows up at the next NWSC tourney in Boise in April. I'll hand him a one hundred bill to get on the mat with my purple belt son
Barvo gave Rick his bb. They had a web page showing them together with them. I think someone is trying to distance themselves. My advice is make a clean break away from Barvo and start new with a real instructor. My humble advice. I have a crisp one hundred, Barvo. Just get on the mat with my boy and it's yours.

These were my thoughts also. If he got his BB from this guy then gets demoted (sp?) all the way to Blue and excepts it in an effort to "earn a real legit lineage" there is just no way he can do that with this Barvo dude if he is infact not legit.

Just doesn't make sense by this Ricky dude!!!!? He needs a new gym 100% Im guessing he is to intrenched with the Barvo and would rather stay in his make believe world than take the scary step outside to another camp.

But of course i do not know the whole deal.

i don't give a shit how many BBs there are in a state, that does not mean shit. A BB must give you a BB. if you are a BB it meant that some other BB thought you have BB skills.

that is what is cool about bjj. basically, you have the gracies and almost everyone is descendant from them. so you can trace lineage where a BB awarded someone else a BB and so on.

now, if someone gives himself a BB in BJJ and then that guy is a fake BB and then his BBs are fake and so on.

now, if enough people do that guees what? you have a lot harder time finding out who is legit and people will get ripped off.

sorry dude, but saying you don't care about fake BJJ BBs is such a douchebag thing to say if you do train BJJ.

it is called fucking standards.

From what I was told from our instructor in the Philippines, you have to be a 2nd degree BB in order to give a BB. He didn't say it outright, but he did say something along the lines as, "I just received my 2nd degree BB which means I can award up to BB now."

i've been watching the whole barvo thing for awhile and i remember the old instructor bios that clearly had ricky as being a bb since '96. his blurb said something about having been away from the sport for awhile and being excited to train and share his knowledge again. the date of '96 was what set a lot of people off as that would've likely made him one of the dirty dozen.

also, barvo woulda been like 11yrs old or something then so i don't think it's likely that he gave ricky his 1st fake blackbelt.

there were some good, but random, threads about barvo. i think i found them on the bullshido thread - weird shit about how he claimed o be the stig and his bb came up and some dudes he went to college with came outta the woodwork and started calling him on his shit. maybe something about how his mom was a professor at said college and that was the only way he got in b/c he was so retarded. i don't remember clearly, but it was pretty fuckin' funny. worth a look at least.

He was more interested in training and having fun and would gladly "give up" his belt if it meant people would chill out.

WTF? No. No one does that. Anyone who has earned a belt legitimately doesn't just give it up to make other people happy.

MY-MIND-IS-FULL-OF-FUCK.jpg

Ughhh. I hate this thread. Especially since I'll probably be getting more emails from the Bullshido and UG

I don't know who gave Ricky his BB, but it WASN"T Matt.
I don't care about it's legitamacy as I don't train or pay money to either.
I don't care about a dojo storm, nor spending any more energy "exposing" anyone.
I can't speak for Matt or Ricky as to the why's, how's, who's, or what's ,so until Matt Barvo makes any sort of reply (which i don't think will EVER happen), you guys are wasting a lot of energy rehashing what's already been said...

^ then why do you even bother with these threads in the first place? I dont mean this in a dick head way, but you have nothing to offer, as far as insight on either side...

^ then why do you even bother with these threads in the first place? I dont mean this in a dick head way, but you have nothing to offer, as far as insight on either side...

Only 1 of these guys was owning a gym and selling his services as a black belt. Only 1 of these guys was making outlandish claims. Only 1 of these guys deserves all the scrutiny, but the focus in this thread was becoming about Ricky, not Matt.

I was simply saying that you guys are focusing your energy on the wrong subject and to move along to the actual owner/teacher.

When I checked this thread to see what was going on, I noticed a lot of bashing about a guy that didn't need/deserve the bashing. So I commented.

And don't say, "I don't mean to be a dickhead", then say something dickhead-ish. Preceding idiocy with a caveat doesn't make the statement less idiotic.

I actually added that disclaimer because I knew you would get your panties in a wad no matter what was said, but I hoped that would ease the pain of having those panties jammed up you. now that was a dick head thing to say, happy?

anways, ricky claimed to be a bb, yes? now accepts that he is a blue belt "just to shut people up and focus on training" yes? Matt also is catching flack, but this thread started with Ricky's match...

I actually added that disclaimer because I knew you would get your panties in a wad no matter what was said, but I hoped that would ease the pain of having those panties jammed up you. now that was a dick head thing to say, happy?

anways, ricky claimed to be a bb, yes? now accepts that he is a blue belt "just to shut people up and focus on training" yes? Matt also is catching flack, but this thread started with Ricky's match...

Let's not play internet tough guy. I wear a gstring, they don't bunch.

Ricky didn't "claim" shit. He was handed a black belt. He fought black belt division at tournaments. Where's the fucking disconnect here for you?

Someone ELSE was promoting him on their website. Someone ELSE that was the inital focus of this ordeal. In an effort to show that Matt Barvo was a fake, Mr. Owen kindly showed a match with Ricky. Ricky is obviously not up to par with the standards of a BB. But Ricky is not Dan Lang, or Ari Bolden or any of these other guys that are/were blantantly trying to defraud people by selling them a product based on a lie. Do we get it now?

Ricky chills out, practices, on occassion might compete. His "fake" BB is far different than someone defrauding people. If he wanted to go and compete and get his ass kicked...more power to him.

I just dont think its fair for you to proclaim Ricky's innocence if you dont even know the history of the black belt... just sayin.

Back