I got a telescoping baton

Batons are useless against someone high on drugs or alcohol.....unless you hit them in the head and if your good enough to do it. However using one against an unarmed opponent will get you a trip to jail real quick. Most states don't allow you to have one in your possession unless you are a LEO or a security guard that has a card proving you trained with it.

I have seeb these types of batons bend or collapse. The ASPS are too little do have any impact and you have to hit the person on the wrist to get any effect. As a former LEO I have only used it once and it did not have the effect to stop the guy so I had to choke him out instead.

Kali is a good art for stick usage...but once again cant use a stick against an unarmed subject so any impact weapon is useless for self defense. for multiple opponents a blade would be better for this type of threat.

Batons are useless against someone high on drugs or alcohol.....unless you hit them in the head and if your good enough to do it. However using one against an unarmed opponent will get you a trip to jail real quick. Most states don't allow you to have one in your possession unless you are a LEO or a security guard that has a card proving you trained with it.

I have seeb these types of batons bend or collapse. The ASPS are too little do have any impact and you have to hit the person on the wrist to get any effect. As a former LEO I have only used it once and it did not have the effect to stop the guy so I had to choke him out instead.

Kali is a good art for stick usage...but once again cant use a stick against an unarmed subject so any impact weapon is useless for self defense. for multiple opponents a blade would be better for this type of threat.

Every LEO I have ever known loves the ol skool 24" straight batons but when the SHTF defer to the Maglite with a quickness.

When I did personal security I carried my 3D Cell religiously and it has the scars to prove.

I am a current LEO and train in Balintawak. That's Filipino for beating your ass with a piece of rattan so hard that your children will be wounded. It is a very bad-ass form of single stick Arnis that trains with a short stick and specializes in very close fighting.

I caution you, if you choose to carry a collapsible baton realize that it is considered a deadly weapon. Now if you decide to go for it, then get a good one & don't trust your life to some piece of Chinese made crap in Walmart. If you use it don't strike to the head and be ready to explain who, when, why, where what and how the other guy attacked you, and why you felt your life was under imminent peril.

I am a current LEO and train in Balintawak. That's Filipino for beating your ass with a piece of rattan so hard that your children will be wounded. It is a very bad-ass form of single stick Arnis that trains with a short stick and specializes in very close fighting.

I caution you, if you choose to carry a collapsible baton realize that it is considered a deadly weapon. Now if you decide to go for it, then get a good one & don't trust your life to some piece of Chinese made crap in Walmart. If you use it don't strike to the head and be ready to explain who, when, why, where what and how the other guy attacked you, and why you felt your life was under imminent peril.

I used to train in Balintatwak myself with Grandmaster Atillo.......however I stopped due to the lack of blade usage. Now I have gone back to a Kali style of FMA...Pekiti Tirsia Kali...good stuff

I used to train in Balintatwak myself with Grandmaster Atillo.......however I stopped due to the lack of blade usage. Now I have gone back to a Kali style of FMA...Pekiti Tirsia Kali...good stuff

Yes, Balintawak is really a single stick dueling/fighting system. So you made the correct choice in going to Pekiti Tirsia Kali for blade work. Finding good PTK is hard to find so I hope your having a blast. I know I would.

How did you find the transition from Balintawak to PTK difficult to overcome? What are some of the big differences that stood out for you between the two?

escrima and th dog brother videos ar your best bet

Yes, Balintawak is really a single stick dueling/fighting system. So you made the correct choice in going to Pekiti Tirsia Kali for blade work. Finding good PTK is hard to find so I hope your having a blast. I know I would.

How did you find the transition from Balintawak to PTK difficult to overcome? What are some of the big differences that stood out for you between the two?

The footwork is totally different..........a lot more of it plus the concept about the stick is that they train with it but the stick movements are designed for the long blade. So when you practice with the stick you have to think you have a blade in your hand. I love PTK it is very beneficial. I am training so I can start a training group in my area. I have trained in another style of Kali before I trained in Balintawak so I am not having a hard time. They say I am picking up the movements really quick which I knew I would since I have trained in other FMA styles.

The footwork is totally different..........a lot more of it plus the concept about the stick is that they train with it but the stick movements are designed for the long blade. So when you practice with the stick you have to think you have a blade in your hand. I love PTK it is very beneficial. I am training so I can start a training group in my area. I have trained in another style of Kali before I trained in Balintawak so I am not having a hard time. They say I am picking up the movements really quick which I knew I would since I have trained in other FMA styles.

That is excellent to hear. At my request, my teacher showed us some Siniwalli movements/forms just for shit & giggles, and I LOVE the double batons now. Even though I love Balintiawak I'm constantly looking for places that teach anything FMA related.

It's funny, my wife couldn't get the concept of what I was doing till she saw me doing duo baton drills. Now she like...Ohhhhh I get it now.

Back