Question about tma vs mma

Ok you guys keep up your little circle jerk I don‘t mind. But the whole world of full contact combat sport is laughing at you, not me. I am out, all the best to you guys.

Ok you guys keep up your little circle jerk I don‘t mind. But the whole world of full contact combat sport is laughing at you, not me. I am out, all the best to you guys.
Who is this ‘whole world of combat sports’?
Karateka are literally all over MMA and kickboxing…so the entirety of the combat sports that involve punching and kicking…

But whatever, as the other dude said you’re either trolling or just extremely ignorant

Man I don't know what some of these instructors are teaching people out there in the USA these days but self defense techniques were the first thing we learned in my TKD class in the 90s. ending the fight as quickly as possible was the basis. then we went on to learn the various forms but for the most part we sparred and we sparred quite often and then later on instituted BJJ training.

What matters if that you can pressure test what practice in sparring and competition. You can't do either those things without some rules to ensure safety. You're not going to get good at fighting anytime soon if you're out of commission for months from an eye gouge every time to you practice. But you're not going to get good at fighting if you don't spar or fight at all.
Bingo! Sums things up well. Pressure testing with a few rules is the key.

Back