I Got 2nd Place In The Mundials?

Congrats Sean! That would really upset/anger me if it had of happen once but three times!! damn! And not looking is not good enough excuse in my book, your a friggen ref do you job for the day and stop checking out the chicks!! Oh yeah and im looking forward to seeing the video's of your match's!

Nice job sean, I saw u tear up that division. That whole final thing was such an unnecessary problem and could have been avoided if the ref simple payed attention. Ibjjf does great tournies, but there was some very...very bad refing the whole day. It had to be over 10 matches including my team mates and seans that the ref left after to go talk to the head ref, or have the head ref come over and defuse an instructor/ref argument. All in all u tapped 6 guys, put 1 to sleep (which i have video, will work on getting that) and moved like a purple...enjoy your victory

Don't leave it in the hands of the judges...

So often quoted in MMA but applies to any sport like this. There were some horrible decisions at the SENI tournament in the UK too.

guy from Croatia Matko Kvesic also got silver in medio. He is a part of Alliance Croatia and basically they train by themselves, they only have one purple belt (thats highest rank here in Cro, only 4 or 5 of them) and Jacare comes here one a year to give promotions to higher ranks. Matko also placed second in EU champs this year and he is destroying competitions at regional tournaments.

A sweep is a sweep. I don't see how it couldn't get scored. Did you clearly still have your half guard when the sweep was performed?

Comming from a wrestling background, it amazes me how lax and unstructured the refs are. At one tournament there was a ref watching a match from another mat, while a guy on his mat was getting his arm torn off. That kid's coach was pretty pissed about it.

you should have pulled a Monson/PdPano lol :D

look forward to the videos.

~Foz

guy from Croatia Matko Kvesic also got silver in medio. He is a part of Alliance Croatia and basically they train by themselves, they only have one purple belt (thats highest rank here in Cro, only 4 or 5 of them) and Jacare comes here one a year to give promotions to higher ranks. Matko also placed second in EU champs this year and he is destroying competitions at regional tournaments.

yup, croatian guys like to watch a lot of DVDs :icon_chee

That is amazing. I mean I could see the ref missing something small, that would be bad enough. But a freaking sweep? Who misses that?

And the result is that were were wrongfully denied a world championship title. I would have totally freaked.

Understandably I would be pissed as hell too..
Congrats!!

How does a ref miss a sweep?! That's crazy.

It's bad enough that he wasn't looking, but it's as simple as:

A - I was looking and you were on the bottom
B - I looked away
C - When I looked back, you were on top

Congrats on the silver, Sean, but that ref has no excuse.

I thought you did well but you've got attitude problems from what I saw and Dave Bass had you in a triangle for how long? He won, get over it.

pwned

2nd place is good

Sometimes the ref will not count it as a sweep if the other guy is diving into a submission. The way Sean describes it, the guy was going for an inverted arm lock and got swept from half guard in the process. It may well be ref sloppiness or whatever, but it also could be the ref not being willing to give a couple points when the other guy was controlling the fight and was trying to finish.

Congrats on taking the silver. You should try to take ALL your loses like a man, life isn't always fair. However, Im the same way you are...I probably would have flipped out.

Is there a way to show the video to a higher authority and get the decision reveresed?

Congratulations on the silver. It's still a huge accomplishment!

Sorry bro but that wasn't a sweep, i saw that match

Post the video so we can give you a proper decision. Untill then i dont think any of our opions really matter.

My understanding is if the position is inverted it is a sweep. You should recieve points, unless you were in a inferior position(bottom side,mount etc).

Back