I Got 2nd Place In The Mundials?

I can't even tap people out in training, nevermind flying across the country to fight the best in the world. Congrats to all.

Hey, man. Congrats on the silver.

I understand your frustration but if it is one thing every BJJ player, and probably all competition martial artists, must know is that leaving it to a decision is rarely a good idea as the quality of ref'ing is more often than not quite bad.

It shouldn't be but it is. We just gotta live with that.

the some of the refs where down right horrible. i saw matches where they where letting white belts do leg locks and comprision locks.

how long have you been training sean?

the some of the refs where down right horrible. i saw matches where they where letting white belts do leg locks and comprision locks.

That seems kind of strange considering they were DQing purple belts left and right for leg locks.

I didn't see this match, but I was there for other matches and it boggles my mind when I see refs look away and stare off somewhere else during the match. If I were a ref, my eyes would never leave the match unless absolutely necessary. I dunno whether its boredom or what, but they definitely need to tell the refs to keep their eyes on the fighters and run around to get a better view of the action if need be.

dear sean,

i've faced both you and dave in competition. dave is better than you. get off the computer, quit jerking off to yourself in the mirror, and get to the gym to train harder.

Congrats bro! I did horrible IMO, but I didnt train for the past 10 weeks because of a recent surgery, so I am proud that I at least went out there. Next year I will have my weight in control and my cardio ready.

dear sean,

i've faced both you and dave in competition. dave is better than you. get off the computer, quit jerking off to yourself in the mirror, and get to the gym to train harder.

arnt you the guy i footlocked. i had a severe sprain in my MCL and still tapped u. yea but thanks for your opinion :icon_chee

arnt you the guy i footlocked. i had a severe sprain in my MCL and still tapped u. yea but thanks for your opinion :icon_chee

hey man how long have you been training?

if by footlocked you mean illegally heel hooked and got yourself DQed, then yes. listen buddy, i dont care about you one way or the other, i'm just telling you dave is better than you right now, thats not a knock on you, its just a fact. if it pisses you off that much, then train harder and do something about it.....

by the way, i have a pan ams 2008 medal in my sock drawer, where's yours?

if by footlocked you mean illegally heel hooked and got yourself DQed, then yes. listen buddy, i dont care about you one way or the other, i'm just telling you dave is better than you right now, thats not a knock on you, its just a fact. if it pisses you off that much, then train harder and do something about it.....

by the way, i have a pan ams 2008 medal in my sock drawer, where's yours?

mines in your drawer

sean i think you're just a little upset that a no-name WRESTLER (make no mistake i am a better wrestler than i am jiu jitsu practitioner) from the midwest came into your town and beat you in one of the biggest tournaments of the year. i'd be upset to if a casual practitioner beat me at the thing i dedicated my life to. just know that while you were in the gym training your ass off for that tournament i was sitting on my ass reading some good books and drinking a beer or two...

AND I STILL WON.

really what im wondering is why you where being so rude to me in the 1st place. even after the tournament i came up to you and asked how your knee was and told you sorry for hurting your knee. and out of nowhere you come out and insult me. and plus i wasnt training my ass off for the tournament i was going to Rehab for my MCL Sprain.

if i was rude to you at the tournament i genuinely apologize for that. i'll never have a problem with someone for what they do in competition. Some of the biggest assholes on the mat are some of the coolest guys off of it. but these posts youve been making lately, you've just gotta get over yourself man. i think youve got plenty of potential but you've also got quite an ego. people will appreciate your accomplishments all the more if you learn to be humble and gracious.

Back