I feel so bad for Valentina Shevchenko

Yes, but Cyborg is really big so I still think the weight difference between Nunes/Cyborg and Nunes/Valentina is in the same ballpark.

I really don't see a difference between Amanda/Cyborg and Amanda/Valentina

I couldn't find a good in cage picture where they have the same posture like above, but here Nunes looks smaller even with layers of winter clothes on.

What? Are you serious? Did we see the same fight?

Amanda Nunes looked wayyy bigger than Cyborg in that fight... I mean, just look at her arms...

Also, they are the same height. Amanda is a really big big girl, she even had tu cut weight to make 145.
Valentina Shevchenko didn't cut weight to make 135, she always made like 133 pounds without cutting weight when she was fighting at 135pounds disivion.

a.png

a.png

What? Are you serious? Did we see the same fight?

Amanda Nunes looked wayyy bigger than Cyborg in that fight... I mean, just look at her arms...

LOL, that's a first, now Nunes is much bigger than Cyborg. Next stop, she'll be the size of Gabi Garcia and that's why poor Valentina isn't 999-0 in MMA.

Someone literally posted their cage weight in this thread.

LOL, that's a first, now Nunes is much bigger than Cyborg. Next stop, she'll be the size of Gabi Garcia and that's why poor Valentina isn't 999-0 in MMA.

a.png

robbed? shevy fans are crazy. she lost that fight. you cant score her 3 rounds dont even try.

The more success Nunes has, the worst Valentina fans get... Still crying about how Nunes was bigger, but Amanda gave-up has much weight against Cyborg and still destroyed her in the first. Also lol at complaining about size when Valentina's best win is Joanna.

tenor.gif

boom roasted. i like shevy too shes clearly one of the best fighters wmma has, but facts are facts.

I love this "look at pics" when we have the fight night weights from the commission. Also, it was fairly obvious that Amanda was carrying a bit more bodyfat than Cyborg, who had a far more muscular body composition.

But now Shev can dominate her division full of scrubs for years to come

There was no robbery at all in that fight, robberies are not very close fights. Robbery means when one fighter totally dominates but the judges give it to the other fighter, This fight was very close and Nunes 3-2 just did a tiny bit more, but could be a draw.

Nunes knows she got edged out in the second fight and would probably lose more convincingly next time

She does not want to fight Valentina at all
She pulled out the first time because having a stuffy nose against Val could have been the difference between her winning and losing a round, and as a result, the fight. No disrespect, it's apparent they're that evenly matched.

I love Valentina and shes my favorite female fighter but don't like the fact that people undermine Amanda Nunes because of that second fight. Ive watched it a couple of times, as well as watching it live, and although it was close, Nunes barely edged it out. The difference in round scoring was nunes leg kicks, although weak in power, she landed quite a few and managed to outstrike shevchenko 3/5 rounds... Watching it, i really wanted shevchenko to win but was disappointed that she didnt attack more, especially since it was so close. In my eyes, she lost the fight herself, although very close.

Same thing with the first fight, shevchenko came back to dominate nunes but gave away the first two rounds by being inactive to be honest. Both fights, Shevchenko has only herself to blame but you have to give credit for Nunes adjusting with the second fight and employing a point fighting style.

She knew she cant fight Valentina like she does other fighters and it showed, that was her smartest fight, very conservative. Valentina is my favorite fighter and she can beat Nunes but Nunes is the GOAT until proven otherwise. Give the woman her respect

Their are both bouncing on their feet and Nunes happens to be closer to the camera at that moment, genius. Cyborg was officially 4,5 pounds heavier.

My whole point is that you are wrong, their size difference is not even close to Amanda-Valentina's size difference.

I think Amanda is naturally a 145 pounds fighter, she used to fight in that division back in the day. She is as big as Cyborg. Valentina is naturally a 125 pounds fighter and she even fought at 115 pounds in the past.

036_Amanda_Nunes_and_Valentina_Shevchenko.0.jpg

The win was good but Holly is not a good boxer. Running hand pumping kiai does not a good boxer make

How is Holly not a good boxer? She was one of the best actual female boxers and she's been a better striker than most of the girls she's faced bar a few.

She got robbed so bad in the title fight with Nunes.

She should be the one considered the best. She doesn't get the enough credit due to that robbery.

She looked really really good, I mean she basically outstriked Amanda who is much much bigger and is the hardest female hitter, an elite striker.

Amanda Nunes got caught every time she tried to exchange with Valentina. I don't even know wtf the judges saw

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Ive seen gentle breezes move peoples heads more. No wonder why she lost

She seem to be relying on nunes gassing in the later rounds like the 1st fight but didn’t actually make Nunes work enough to tire her out.

1st fight 2rds-1
2nd was close but didn’t feel Val did quite enough, it was a cagey affair.

Her fan boys are ridiculous on here. I don’t feel sorry for her tho as now she gets the credit of being the dominant champ while at the same time fighting in a wasteland of a division where J. Eye is considered a legit title contender

Haha jessica eye, look I am glad she got a shot, but that division at the moment doesn't have anyone who can legit beat Shevchenko.

Hey TS, I found a job opportunity for you:

Attachments

• 24FB4DAF-E81D-4DF0-963A-19DF97F3F6B5.jpeg
    24FB4DAF-E81D-4DF0-963A-19DF97F3F6B5.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 2
None of this will matter after Carmouche tkos Valentina again in the rematch.

How is Holly not a good boxer? She was one of the best actual female boxers and she's been a better striker than most of the girls she's faced bar a few.

Technical deficiencies. Sure, she has a good record, but the talent pool in women's boxing is even more shallow than in WMMA. She won a "title" from a girl that was 1-2 or something. She is too heavy on her front foot which causes a lack of power in her left straight, her jab is often thrown from too far out making it a throw away punch, her strikes are limited in their application as she rarely worked the body. She got by on superior athleticism and a shit-ton of volume. Her footwork is bad again because she is too heavy on her front foot and her control of distance is limited as well. By way of example, particularly in how her skills transfer to MMA, see her fight against the much smaller Shevchenko. The fight took place mostly on the feet, and she was picked apart every round following the first, once Shev got her timing down. And it is easy to be a good striker in comparison to many women in WMMA, as the striking level is very poor. Even now most female divisions are still grappling heavy, with most women having BJJ or judo as their base.

Back