I feel so bad for Valentina Shevchenko

I feel bad for Shevchenko and her fans

Nunes is 2-0 versus her and a better fighter but they can't accept it. Her fans have to talk about size but Nunes is better p4p, she moved up and knocked out a decade long champion. Shevchenko is relegated to fighting crackheads, straweights, and jessica eye for her "championship".

It wasn't a robbery, both close fights, although the second one I thought she won. First one I don't remember that well.
I remember being frustrated when she didn't pull the trigger. In both fights.

Nunes got a round for lay n pray

Number one bullshit

to be the man, you have to beat the man.

This is true
giphy.gif

ric-flair-1.jpg

It wasn't a robbery, both close fights, although the second one I thought she won. First one I don't remember that well.
I remember being frustrated when she didn't pull the trigger. In both fights.
She got robbed she made Nunes look silly, Val is so tiny too, she is the most technical striker in wmma

To be fair, the 2nd fight was debatable. It was a close fight and it wasn't easy to score. That said, regardless of who you think won, the fact that Shevchenko was able to hang with such a killer even though she was giving up some serious size was incredible. She's definitely the best technical striker in wmma. She outclassed Holm with ease, again, while giving up size, and when you look at what Nunes did to Cyborg and Holm, it makes Valentina that much more impressive. Two much larger girls were not only not able to hang, but weren't able to make it out of the first round.

I gotta say though...if I were Shevchenko, I think I'd leave well enough alone. Nunes has really come into her own since that fight. The Cyborg ko put her confidence on another level and I don't see her losing to Val in a 3rd fight.

Nunes got a round for lay n pray

Number one bullshit

Shevchenko's striking against anyone decent is just stand and pray. She let Nunes do whatever she wanted, prayed she would gas and that the judges would give her a win.

imagine if shevchenko actually took a risk to try to win a fight.

She will get a third fight with her down the line in the future. There isn't really anyone left for Nunes to fight in the BW division and so far Valentina has given her the most difficult fight in her UFC career (discounting the Kat loss)

I'm big Valentina fan and thought she won as well. Not sure I would go as far as "robbery" tho. I think 5th round was the controversial one? Nunes got too much credit for no damage takedown and humping. Valentina did more damage and won striking.
She got robbed so bad in the title fight with Nunes.

Sh

I remember thinking she should've got the nod against Nunes. it was a close fight though. She would've won if she was more aggressive.

Val really is something special though. Holly is a good boxer, but Val completely outclassed her with little more than a check left hook. Made Holly look like a newbie and won all 5 rounds clearly.

Also, what she did to Joanna was crazy. Literally toyed with her on the feet and ragdolled her to the ground whenever she wanted. Joanna couldn't even get her shoulders of the canvas. Val made Joanna her daughter.

She outclassed Holm with ease, again, while giving up size, and when you look at what Nunes did to Cyborg and Holm, it makes Valentina that much more impressive. Two much larger girls were not only not able to hang, but weren't able to make it out of the first round.

I disagree that it makes Valentina more impressive, that's some weird mental gymnastics. It nullifies the whole "Valentina's losses against bigger opponent don't count" narrative. Legendary fighters can actually beat and finish bigger opponents like Nunes did against Cyborg.

Nunes won both close fights, Nunes is the better fighter. Nunes chews up top competition and finishes them while Valentina point fights to decisions in competitive fights. She can dominate lower tier comp.

She lost twice to the GOAT, no shame in that, nowbsge can crush cans in her weak ass division and cash some checks.

It was a close fight nobody got robbed.

What bothers me most is that Valentina is fine, she's maxin' and relaxin' with her flyweight belt yet her fans keep digging a fight that happened quite some time ago to portrait that the two fights were "robberies", let me tell'em:

- First fight was Nunes, she not only won but got a 10-8 according to 2 judges.
- Second fight was really close, most people agree that it could've gone either way. If the judges agree on that "you have to beat the man to be the man" idea, it prevailed, otherwise someone gotta win, that one happened to be Nunes.

Lots of respect for Schev, wish we had Thug/Schev/Nunes/Cyborg as champs.

Last, I'm quite positive that Schev gets more love here than Amanda.

Valentina is by far the best female mixed martial artist I’ve ever seen

Word.

Nunes is the most popular, but Valentina is pound-for-pound the best (and, by far, the sexiest ... will she and Michelle Waterson <3).

The more success Nunes has, the worst Valentina fans get... Still crying about how Nunes was bigger, but Amanda gave-up has much weight against Cyborg and still destroyed her in the first. Also lol at complaining about size when Valentina's best win is Joanna.

To be fair Amanda still cut weight to make 145.

Valentina cuts not a lot of weight fighting at 125

To be fair Amanda still cut weight to make 145.

Valentina cuts not a lot of weight fighting at 125

Yes, but Cyborg is really big so I still think the weight difference between Nunes/Cyborg and Nunes/Valentina is in the same ballpark.

13903800464_9ddc097d36_b.jpg

Back