I feel so bad for Valentina Shevchenko

No need to feel bad for her. She's a champion and in that weight class no chick can mess with her.
She's making money, traveling the world with her sister and their coach that they share for training and stuff...
The last fight with Nunes was super close. When she wants she can call out Nunes for the 135 strap again.

Yes, but Cyborg is really big so I still think the weight difference between Nunes/Cyborg and Nunes/Valentina is in the same ballpark.

13903800464_9ddc097d36_b.jpg

Why don’t you look at pics at Cyborg vs Amanda, Amanda is a BIG girl. Cyborg n her are closer in size than Amanda n Valentina

A close fight is not a robbery. And she could have won had she been slightly more active. Or actually checked Amanda's leg kicks instead of just absorbing them. Going for the takedown in the 5th was a bad idea, even though it was fairly instinctual.

Why don’t you look at pics at Cyborg vs Amanda, Amanda is a BIG girl. Cyborg n her are closer in size than Amanda n Valentina

I really don't see a difference between Amanda/Cyborg and Amanda/Valentina

071_Amanda_Nunes_vs_Valentina_Shevchenko.0.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I couldn't find a good in cage picture where they have the same posture like above, but here Nunes looks smaller even with layers of winter clothes on.

But she did lose that fight, and the first one against Nunes, as well. Turn the page.

That last gif though was shit and didn't show anything

both very close fights. Valentina is the better fighter all around.

Nunes knows she got edged out in the second fight and would probably lose more convincingly next time

She does not want to fight Valentina at all

I really don't see a difference between Amanda/Cyborg and Amanda/Valentina

071_Amanda_Nunes_vs_Valentina_Shevchenko.0.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I couldn't find a good in cage picture where they have the same posture like above, but here Nunes looks smaller even with layers of winter clothes on.

Nunes is taller and has a much thicker ribcage/torso IMO. Cyborg is also quite a bit bigger than Nunes. I think basically Valentina and Nunes just prove they are the best 2 WMMA fighters right now P4P and it's not even close.

First fight i remember a clear 29-28 nunes. Nunes dominated the first 2 and gassed in the third. Second fight she was clearly afraid of gassing and took it way slower. Valentina got better in the ground as well. Still had it 48-47 nunes.

Has Rogan started calling her a once in a lifetime human yet? because if he hasn't, then I'd hold off this GOAT nonsense

The more success Nunes has, the worst Valentina fans get... Still crying about how Nunes was bigger, but Amanda gave-up has much weight against Cyborg and still destroyed her in the first. Also lol at complaining about size when Valentina's best win is Joanna.

"Cyborg weighed 160.5 pounds in her fight-night weight check Saturday night at UFC 232, per a document obtained from the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC). Amanda Nunes was 156 pounds, just 4.5 pounds less."

Source:https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...-only-had-4-5-pound-advantage-on-amanda-nunes

She got robbed so bad in the title fight with Nunes.

She should be the one considered the best. She doesn't get the enough credit due to that robbery.

She looked really really good, I mean she basically outstriked Amanda who is much much bigger and is the hardest female hitter, an elite striker.

Amanda Nunes got caught every time she tried to exchange with Valentina. I don't even know wtf the judges saw

They probably saw Nunes out land Shevchenko in both fights.
Nunes out landed her in 6 of their contested 8 rounds over two fights

I’ve only seen nunes shev 2 one time. I recall it being the closest title fight I’ve ever seen.

Nunes vs Shev 2 was really close and could've gone either way.
But I don't have much sympathy for Valentina because I think she could afford to be more aggressive instead of mostly looking to counter.

It's really interesting though how fragile the rankings are. Just when I thought Nunes had done enough to go way ahead on the female GOAT ranking by finishing the big 4 (Ronda, Miesha, Holm, Cyborg) I learn there are people who already think Valentina is better.
Just goes to show that the tables could turn quite quickly. If Nunes starts losing then Valentina could soon become the consensus woman GOAT.

i had both fights for nunes, both were close though, thr size advantage made a difference. Once Nunes beats GDR there will be no chick that cant beat her at 135, and maybe 145 (maybe cyborg)

I scored it for Valentina (the second fight) but the word "robbery" is not accurate at all. The fight was really close. "Robbery" should be reserved for the cases that are COMPLETELY botched by the judges.

Is this the chick they had to make a weight class for so she could have a strap? Sounds legit. Nunes should go down and take that belt from her.

just doesn't have the power. Amanda landed less but did more damage.

Back