I feel like TJ Diliashaw is one of THE most under appreciated fighters in the UFC

Great fighter. Dethroned a dominant champ and goat candidate in brutal fashion... then brutalized him again. A blonde, all-American, Nazi master race type, but...

1) comes in a tiny package
2) not so much personality
3) made to look ridiculous by conor
4) made to look ridiculous by cruz (not in the fight, but in the pre-fight)
5) sherbros no like tiny snake

I actually think the guy is a little OVER appreciated. He's a good fighter but people, even in this thread, call him a pound for pound great. He looked really good against Barao but other than that he hasn't looked like a world beater. He's still young so maybe he can prove me wrong, but I don't see how he's any more impressive than someone like Tony Ferguson

Whenever his name is brought up all people talk about is how he betrayed Faber, HSSSSSS SNAKEEEEE, and McGregor and what not. Like let's remember that he's an incredible fighter maybe? His style of fighting is extremely entertaining, and he finishes people on a regular basis...he didn't have to go for the finish against Barao in the fifth round, he could have easily coasted (and let's be honest most fighters probably would have done that)

TJ vs Lineker in 8 days will be CRACK

T.J.%2BDillashaw%2BKnockouts%2BJoe%2BSoto%2BUFC%2B177.gif

True... the snake is amazing

Ya right TS!

Yes he changed camps...but alot of guys do...and it made him better...

Also giving Cody the shot over him...come on...
He smoked Barao...stopped Soto...then rematches Barao and smoked him again...
Loses a split against Cruz and has to get back in the line behind Faber, Cody...
I like new fights.. and prefer a bit of time in between rematches. I find it hard to get excited for instant rematches...

Arguably sure. But Cruz was off forever and never should have been that close.. Not if TJ is what he said he was..
Cruz barley won that fight and most had Killashaw winning. Like I said,I think Cruz won barley but TJ is no joke and could beat Dom at anytime. That matchup between Cruz and Killashaw is a toss up. They are the exact same in almost every area.

He doesn't get enough credit. TJ is a monster on the feet and a treat to watch. His fights against Barao were incredible.

I think TJ is amazing but he lacks a lot of charisma. He's just a meathead. I love the way he fights and his footwork is probably only behind Cruz's but has that killer instinct that Cruz lacks.

The problem is that then he opens his mouth.

It's like the cute blonde that fucks really good but in the morning she starts talking and you don't want to hear anymore of her, you just want to fuck her again.

I feel dj tillaslaw is way overrated around here. Gets way too much credit for being competitive vs a rusty cruz; he got handled for most of the fight and only started to come on strong towards the end, thanks in large part to cruz's plantar fasciitis.

Agreed. His dismantling of Barao was a thing of beauty, and his fight with Cruz was as close as they get.

People made such a huge stink about his feud with TAM which is fucking laughable.

I think TJ is amazing but he lacks a lot of charisma. He's just a meathead. I love the way he fights and his footwork is probably only behind Cruz's but has that killer instinct that Cruz lacks.

The problem is that then he opens his mouth.

It's like the cute blonde that fucks really good but in the morning she starts talking and you don't want to hear anymore of her, you just want to fuck her again.
He doesn't come across as a meathead to me. This place is like a school where one of the bullies (Cruz/Conor) starts a rumor about someone and it just keeps getting passed around.

Whenever his name is brought up all people talk about is how he betrayed Faber, HSSSSSS SNAKEEEEE, and McGregor and what not. Like let's remember that he's an incredible fighter maybe? His style of fighting is extremely entertaining, and he finishes people on a regular basis...he didn't have to go for the finish against Barao in the fifth round, he could have easily coasted (and let's be honest most fighters probably would have done that)

TJ is a bad ass. But its fun to hate on him. He just has that look

He doesn't come across as a meathead to me. This place is like a school where one of the bullies (Cruz/Conor) starts a rumor about someone and it just keeps getting passed around.

Haven't a lot of his former training partners stated that he loses control or gets super mad if they get the best of him and also goes super hard on people who are just starting? That's pretty much the definition of a meathead.

Haven't a lot of his former training partners stated that he loses control or gets super mad if they get the best of him and also goes super hard on people who are just starting? That's pretty much the definition of a meathead.
You said when he opens his mouth. This is a meathead.

I wanna see tj snake vs Conor but it will never happen

he is under appreciated because nobody appreciates a snake

Actually, it would bring him up to 3-3 if you included it, with two of the losses being by controversial split decision.

The bigger question is why you choose to include his fight with Dodson, where TJ had less than 2 years of training and hadn't met Bang yet, while Dodson had been training for 9 years at that point.

My opinion is that it isn't necessarily the result of the fight that shows if you are an upper echelon fighter, but the way the fight plays out instead. At no point in his career has TJ ever been thoroughly over-matched, but he has been beaten, and has turned out better after every loss.

He has lost to more top fighters than he has beaten. That's my point. Great talent yes, not a proven great fighter yet though.

Back