I feel like TJ Diliashaw is one of THE most under appreciated fighters in the UFC

He did give Cruz his 2nd loss... no matter what the incorrect judges say

Yeah the joke was funny at first, but after this many times its so old

I can't really put my finger on it. I never liked him or his fighting style since I first saw him on TUF. So my guess is, it's connected.

Whats wrong with his fighting style?

I actually really wanted cruz to win and I stormed off to bed at end of round 5 without waiting for result, to my disbelief Cruz won the fight....

Dillashaw although is a bit of a prick is a very very good fighter and deserves to be paid a lot more but unfortunately ufc is in the wwe era right now and personalities get paid good boring fighters don't.

Meh. Beating a guy coming off a 2-year lay-off isn't really a legit win over him IMO.
What about the fact that the majority had him winning the first Assuncao fight when he wasn't coming off a layoff and he's only gotten better since then? Nah that couldn't be the reason he won the rematch. Not to mention Assuncao looked perfectly fine in that fight. He just lost to a better fighter.

acNOvUC.jpg

Eight more strikes, lol.
8 strikes > 3 "takedowns"

I dont buy it. Rusty Cruz beat him fair & square.

Your opinion, just like I have mine. Plenty of people felt Dillashaw won. I don't think it is unreasonable to think Cruz won but I think it's unreasonable to think it is unfathomable that TJ won.

I think a draw would have been the most fair. Neither guy really deserved to lose that fight IMO.

agree , great thread TS .
TJ is one of my favourite fighters and has been since he left TUF .
He puts on exciting fights with a great skill set .
one of the main reasons i like him as a fighter as you can see improvements from fight to fight which i like in a fighter it show a fighter who isn't complacent and this shows a love for the game so to speak IMO .

I like new fights.. and prefer a bit of time in between rematches. I find it hard to get excited for instant rematches...
Well, you are not really wrong here...you cant get really excited for instant rematches...if they are actually not deserved.

But TJ deserved that one...super close match that ended in a split...and before that he mauled Barao 2 times...a top3 p4p back then...and the UFC was hyping up TJ big time...and now he suddenly finds himself behind Faber(who was like0-5 in his last shots for the title)...Cody(who ko'd another prospect and ko'd Mizugaki who got stopped in 3of his last 5)...and had to fight Assuncao and now Lineker...

What about the fact that the majority had him winning the first Assuncao fight when he wasn't coming off a layoff and he's only gotten better since then? Nah that couldn't be the reason he won the rematch. Not to mention Assuncao looked perfectly fine in that fight. He just lost to a better fighter.

acNOvUC.jpg

8 strikes > 3 "takedowns"

I'm not saying TJ couldnt beat a fully sharp Assuncao with form & momentum. He could. I'm just wary of taking wins over guys coming off long lay-offs as true reflections. A long layoff can compromise a fighter in several ways.

Your opinion, just like I have mine. Plenty of people felt Dillashaw won. I don't think it is unreasonable to think Cruz won but I think it's unreasonable to think it is unfathomable that TJ won.

I think a draw would have been the most fair. Neither guy really deserved to lose that fight IMO.

Cruz won.

I never quite got the whole "snake" thing. He wanted to keep training with the guy that was making him the better fighter. People act like he's supposed to stick with the guy he feels won't benefit his talents and career as much as another coach and gym.

He is the only gym bully I still root for, just because I dislike Cruz more.

Betty white respects the scales of TJ Dillashaw
5655330_orig.jpg

Cruz won.

Yeah, I know how the bout was officially scored. Arguably, TJ won. Point backed up by it being a split decision and a ton of people, media included, saying TJ won.

Cruz won.

Cruz didn't just win. Cruz made Dili look silly. Outclassed him dramatically in the rounds he won.

If you were a TJ fan, or had never seen Cruz fight, then you probably thought TJ won. If you knew your head from your ass, you'd know how silly Cruz made TJ look.

About as silly as TJ when he smoked Barao. Not a hateful TJ post. I respect the dood. He did not come close to beating Cruz, however.

In my opinion he also beat Cruz. He was the agressor the entire fight and landed more strikes. He got robbed.
If he gets the nod in the first Assuncao fight and then Cruz fight (which many thought he got both), he is on a 12 fight win streak and is considered P4P king. That is cray cray whence you think about it, think about how much control the judges have over a career.

Back