I feel like TJ Diliashaw is one of THE most under appreciated fighters in the UFC

Yes. GSP will be promoted out the ass if he returns. Cowboy is getting more fights than anyone. The MMAAA will not harm the UFC at all. Not even a little bit. And again the UFC is not his employer.

I don't know what "illojal" means.
Disloyal (iPhone spellcheck...)

The UFC pay for his services, so they Are his employer.

If mmaaa get What they want they will harm the UFC. And mmaaa is funded by wme-img's biggest competitor, so this is a battle with many different motives.

Cerrone apologised to Dana, said he didnt know What he was getting into, And that the UFC paid him well And treated him well. Seems like he might have left mmaaa, so they might leave him alone.. I dont know...

I think the UFC will punish the board of mmaaa. Everyone in their position would do the same. I am sure they will make it difficult for them. Even GSP. It is OK that you disagree with this, and we don't know What the UFC will do, so it is just speculations, but I am very sure I will be proven right.

Whenever his name is brought up all people talk about is how he betrayed Faber, HSSSSSS SNAKEEEEE, and McGregor and what not. Like let's remember that he's an incredible fighter maybe? His style of fighting is extremely entertaining, and he finishes people on a regular basis...he didn't have to go for the finish against Barao in the fifth round, he could have easily coasted (and let's be honest most fighters probably would have done that)

TJ vs Lineker in 8 days will be CRACK

T.J.%2BDillashaw%2BKnockouts%2BJoe%2BSoto%2BUFC%2B177.gif

I agree. His next fight will be insanely dangerous. I hope he pulls it out. Lineker is a destroyer, a terminator.

Why are you comparing them though?

Benavidez only lost to 2 man: Dominick Cruz and Demetrious Johnson

Enough said.

He lost all 3 rounds to Henry and got an absolute gift decision. If he fought more good fighters, he'd lose more often.

The guy is not bad, but he's not exceptional at all, and certainly not even close to being one of the best P4P. His record makes him look better than he is. Most of the guys he's beaten are pretty average.

Do you think he looked like one of the best fighters in the world in the recent Cejudo fight?

On one hand, you're correct because he is a very talented & skilled fighter.

On the other hand, you're wrong because he's only ever beaten ONE top fighter in his career, Barao, while losing to three - Cruz, Assuncao, and Dodson.

So it depends which way you look at it.

So do we not count when he just beat Assuncao?

TJ is very good and underappreciated, if he were black people would claim that it's because of racism.

Agreed, I'll add on top of that he beat Cruz, I think it was a robbery.

I agree. I'd like to see him make a comeback. Like him or not, he's fun to watch.

So do we not count when he just beat Assuncao?

Meh. Beating a guy coming off a 2-year lay-off isn't really a legit win over him IMO. I always treat wins over guys coming off long lay-offs with a pinch of salt. It definitely has a big effect IMO. I mean sure, include it if you like, but even then it still leaves him at 2-3 in his fights vs top opposition. Not exactly the record of one of the world's best, is it?

Like I said in my original post though, I consider TJ to be a superb fighter in terms of ability, but I don't think he has quite proven it in enough big fights yet to merit being considered one of the world's elite fighters, as TS seems to suggest he should be.

In my opinion he also beat Cruz. He was the agressor the entire fight and landed more strikes. He got robbed.

I can see why you would think that. I personally had the fight going to Cruz. What surprises me the most about this whole situation is that TJ didn't get an immediate re-match.

Good post ts. Tj is a beast level striker. Its the perfect striking style for mma. Great footwork too.

Cruz Lite is a decent fighter but looked a bit off against Raphael.

His next fight against John Lineker will be interesting.

Meh. Beating a guy coming off a 2-year lay-off isn't really a legit win over him IMO. I always treat wins over guys coming off long lay-offs with a pinch of salt. It definitely has a big effect IMO. I mean sure, include it if you like, but even then it still leaves him at 2-3 in his fights vs top opposition. Not exactly the record of one of the world's best, is it?

Like I said in my original post though, I consider TJ to be a superb fighter in terms of ability, but I don't think he has quite proven it in enough big fights yet to merit being considered one of the world's elite fighters, as TS seems to suggest he should be.

Actually, it would bring him up to 3-3 if you included it, with two of the losses being by controversial split decision.

The bigger question is why you choose to include his fight with Dodson, where TJ had less than 2 years of training and hadn't met Bang yet, while Dodson had been training for 9 years at that point.

My opinion is that it isn't necessarily the result of the fight that shows if you are an upper echelon fighter, but the way the fight plays out instead. At no point in his career has TJ ever been thoroughly over-matched, but he has been beaten, and has turned out better after every loss.

Well, he arguably beat Dominick Cruz, so there's that.

I feel like the UFC did Dillashaw dirty. At the time he made a "p4p 10 year unbeaten world beater" look silly not once, but twice. Maybe there is some history there I don't know about, but dude is a beast. A whiney beast, but a beast nonetheless.

Back