I don't understand Arlovski or the UFC's commitment to keeping him.

There's a very simple reason why Arlovski keeps getting fights. He buys Dana a gun every year.

Say what you want but tonight marks 57 pro fights for him, all at heavyweight.

Career longevity at HW is unheard of yet this guy is somehow doing it.

His longevity is because he's fighting bums. Look at JDS. He was fed to 4 killers in a row and then cut. Arlovski would have lost against all those fighters. But he gets to fight heavyweights you've never heard of on the prelims.

I would like him in the UFC Hall of Fame his loyalty is like Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone. Arlovski is the last of the old legends.

He’s here to keep reminding us how far the mma hw division has evolved over the last 3 decades.

It's 2024 and he's still fighting. His first UFC fight was in 2000

He's friends with Dana, White said he visits him at the office and brings guns as gifts. Thats probably it, but I do think guys who have been forever probably have a loyal enough fan base to tune in even if the fights are boring. I am in that group tbh so I am a bit biased.
Same here, been watching him since the stoneage. I'm not gonna stop now, im riding this train all the way untill it falls off the track. That said if he did hang it up tomorrow i wouldnt mind it. But untill then im gonna keep on watching him.

I'll take a 3 rnd Arlovski decision over 99% of WMMA fights any day of the week.

He actually predates Zuffa buying the company. Andrei had his first UFC fight in 2000? Dana and the Fertitta bros bought it in 01? He can still fight since he is in a shallow division. He isn't top ten material but he can be used to test contenders. The issue is that maybe he is getting paid too much for each fight.

If you are a company man and stick it out and dont whinge about pay or conditions and can hang from the old school, DFW rewards you and looks after you. to the detriment of the fighters health in some cases.

ofc the unspoken message is lots of these same guys could've done much better for themselves unyoked from the ufc bridle, but thats a high risk approach and lots of them are happy to just carry on
Andrei probably made a nice chunk of money though, he’s been champion, Challenger, event, headliner, and fought some big names. I bet he can retire pretty comfortably assuming he wasn’t a complete idiot with his money.

Read between the lines man. For some reason, they're looking out for him. Rewarding him for his years of service and huge impact on the sport in his prime years. Who KNOWS why it's happening, but just let it be.
Maybe he's close with Dana now but it wasn't like that when he left the UFC for Affliction because he was only making $15k+15k at that time and the parting wasn't that amicable. I think the main reason UFC kept him for so long was to keep him out of the smaller mma orgs since he is a decent HW and has a name since he was one of their top stars.

Andrei probably made a nice chunk of money though, he’s been champion, Challenger, event, headliner, and fought some big names. I bet he can retire pretty comfortably assuming he wasn’t a complete idiot with his money.
Yeh and he has a few acting credits which probably paid decent. I get a feeling he is probably good with his cash. His discipline and longevity indicate a sound mind.

most of the UFC HW division can barely squeeze by arlovski. either he arlovski is way better than most of you give him credit for or the UFC HW is just that shitty of a division. imma go with tha later of the two.

The thing is Arlovski has no illusions of bein a champ

he doesnt mind fighting ANYONE ufc wants him to fight. Alot of guys in his position arent willing to do that.

Yep...and still earning a quarter mil just to show up, so I'm sure he is happy to keep doing it lol

Some guys seem to just accept every fight for whatever the money is, that's why I assume guys like Arlovski, Sam Alvey etc stay on forever

Back