I don't understand Arlovski or the UFC's commitment to keeping him.

BullyKutta

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's been several years now that I've viewed Arlovski fights as 'speedbumps'. It's really kind of amazing.

You can always count on a bare minimum performance from him that's guaranteed to last all three rounds and result in a 29-28 decision.

Part of me thinks that UFC matchmakers put together math that averages out the 'likely' length of a broadcast. In the event of a potentially 'fast' card, they toss in an Arlovski fight.

He's friends with Dana, White said he visits him at the office and brings guns as gifts. Thats probably it, but I do think guys who have been forever probably have a loyal enough fan base to tune in even if the fights are boring. I am in that group tbh so I am a bit biased.

It's been several years now that I've viewed Arlovski fights as 'speedbumps'. It's really kind of amazing.

You can always count on a bare minimum performance from him that's guaranteed to last all three rounds and result in a 29-28 decision.

Part of me thinks that UFC matchmakers put together math that averages out the 'likely' length of a broadcast. In the event of a potentially 'fast' card, they toss in an Arlovski fight.
They are Eskimo bros

If you are a company man and stick it out and dont whinge about pay or conditions and can hang from the old school, DFW rewards you and looks after you. to the detriment of the fighters health in some cases.

ofc the unspoken message is lots of these same guys could've done much better for themselves unyoked from the ufc bridle, but thats a high risk approach and lots of them are happy to just carry on

He hasn't had a finish since 2015 (nearly a decade) and nearly all of his fights are going to decision win/or lose or him getting KO'ed. I think Dana must just have a soft spot for the old guys. I want to cheer for Arlovski but his fights are terrible.

Back